• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I sent my letters this morning. I didn't have international stamps so I used two national ones for Nintendo US and the Nintendo EU HQ in Germany instead, in addition to the French one. Hopefully, they won't be sent back.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Sent my letter yesterday. Hopefully it is read. I know there's a world, a company, a language and an ocean between whoever opens that letter and whoever could make the decision for Golden Sun 4 or Smash DLC.

Here's to hoping tho.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope it's ok that I send my letter later in the week. I've been pretty busy the last few days. (I went to my first game jam, it was super fun!)

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Of course, you should be thankful if they give you anything at all, but it is kinda funny that they pretty much only attach merch related to Mario or Zelda when responding to these kinds of letters

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Of course, you should be thankful if they give you anything at all, but it is kinda funny that they pretty much only attach merch related to Mario or Zelda when responding to these kinds of letters
Some Nintendo letters I've seen with Metroid bookmarks, one person also had Splatoon though I guess that's not too surprising given the popularity that series has attained. Though it would be awesome if they did have some Golden Sun bookmarks to send back to you lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
MAIL CALL! From Nintendo UK's office! I think they liked my letter about Golden Sun :)

View attachment 189415
Anyone that sends you complimentary keychains has to be pretty kind.

Some Nintendo letters I've seen with Metroid bookmarks, one person also had Splatoon though I guess that's not too surprising given the popularity that series has attained. Though it would be awesome if they did have some Golden Sun bookmarks to send back to you lol.
I'm amazed that Metroid gets merchandise as it does these days, after the way it got treated between Other M and Samus Returns. It's still surreal to see World of Nintendo toys of Metroid alongside Mario's and Splatoon's.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I hope it's ok that I send my letter later in the week. I've been pretty busy the last few days. (I went to my first game jam, it was super fun!)
No worries. As long as it’s sent within the week. That’s why I made it a week, because I figured not everyone would be able to do it on a specific day. I haven’t even sent mine yet, work has me pinned down. And Resident Evil 2 TOTALLY isn’t distracting me in the slightest....

I’ll get to it soon.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Golden Sun 4...for mobile! It will be a djinn gacha game!

Cue me internally screaming
What’s sad is a Golden Sun mobile game could work really well. Bite sized dungeons with light puzzle elements and few monster encounters.

Summoning Djinn to make your party stronger, but of course not all Djinni are created equal. A 5 star Djinn is god tier, but good luck ever getting it without spending a ludicrous amount of money. Hue hue.

ZelDan

Smash Master
What’s sad is a Golden Sun mobile game could work really well. Bite sized dungeons with light puzzle elements and few monster encounters.

Summoning Djinn to make your party stronger, but of course not all Djinni are created equal. A 5 star Djinn is god tier, but good luck ever getting it without spending a ludicrous amount of money. Hue hue.
yeah, I could see how it potentially could work. I wouldn't be against the existence of such a game as long as, you know, we get a traditional game first.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

We know Nintendo browses online forums! Don't give them any ideas! :p

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I finished the pyjama shirt 2 days before I was meant to! And the trouser fabric has yet to arrive.

That means for the next 2 days I can draw the templates for Isaac's tunic, jacket, trousers and greaves/weird leg thing etc etc. Who knows, I could really make magic work if I put my heart into the next two days!

• Tunic
  • Jacket
  • Trousers
  • Greaves
  • Gloves (Can't do until proper patterns arrive)
  • Belt
  • Straps

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'm afraid i won't be able to send this week, i have to order some material before since they didn't have it in store. Dunno when i'll receive it.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Okay I’ve sent out my letter and January is nearing a close. With February approaching close, are we going to do anything major that month like this letter campaign or have we not planned anything out just yet?

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun 4...for mobile! It will be a djinn gacha game!

Cue me internally screaming
tbh a gs mobile game could actually be pretty good if it gets insanely popular a la fe heroes, it could bring more awareness to gs

assuming nintendo doesn't just make gs a mobile only series

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Golden Sun GBA games could easily be remade on the mobile. Am currently playing Dragon Quest 1 on the mobile, and it's a great experience. I can't picture Golden Sun not working for it, maybe even polished up with it's graphics. To be honest, it sounds more likely than a brand new remake, especially for Switch.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The Golden Sun GBA games could easily be remade on the mobile. Am currently playing Dragon Quest 1 on the mobile, and it's a great experience. I can't picture Golden Sun not working for it, maybe even polished up with it's graphics. To be honest, it sounds more likely than a brand new remake, especially for Switch.
It can work, TWEWY Mobile was great, but I’d still prefer a GS game on the Switch.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see that nintendo even responds to the GS letters. I am glad that they actually took their time for it =)

I hope we will get something GS related rly soon. And if it's a mobile game, I can only hope that it is well made.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
A thought on 12 million copies of Smash Ultimate sold in less than a month... that's good for ongoing DLC. Splatoon/Splatoon 2 did not those numbers and got extended support. The new president said they were about DLC. It'd be madness not to expect a second season of DLC characters.

Rumors are most of the 1st run DLC being third parties and I am nonplussed in the American definition. But those decisions have already been made.

If we are to influence the wave 2 or future DLC prospects, possibly for representation of unrepresented or underserved Nintendo franchises, this time period is the exact period where it would hit the heaviest and matter the most. Don't express your desire a year from now when they announce those characters have already been picked. They'd make those decisions this year.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Proud of y'all for actually doing a letter campaign. Feel late to the party learning about it now but I'll see if I can come up with something to send in the next 24 hours to join the chorus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A thought on 12 million copies of Smash Ultimate sold in less than a month... that's good for ongoing DLC. Splatoon/Splatoon 2 did not those numbers and got extended support. The new president said they were about DLC. It'd be madness not to expect a second season of DLC characters.

Rumors are most of the 1st run DLC being third parties and I am nonplussed in the American definition. But those decisions have already been made.

If we are to influence the wave 2 or future DLC prospects, possibly for representation of unrepresented or underserved Nintendo franchises, this time period is the exact period where it would hit the heaviest and matter the most. Don't express your desire a year from now when they announce those characters have already been picked. They'd make those decisions this year.
Yes. Monthly fan demand is paramount for the success of further DLC approval. Don't let the fire of the staff die when they're already intent on giving post-base support everything they've got.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

My thoughts exactly. With the odds of making Wave 1 becoming less and less likely, we have to push for a second Wave (something I mentioned in my letter), because now is the time for fan support for that potential second wave. I would be absolutely shocked now if we didn't see a second wave of fighters, even if they don't all come with stages (just to note, the Stage Select Screen has 6 spots left, not 5). We could see characters like Shadow, Bandana Dee, or other characters from series already repped while Isaac could get the final stage. It's honestly our most likely route right now, as sad as that is.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts exactly. With the odds of making Wave 1 becoming less and less likely, we have to push for a second Wave (something I mentioned in my letter), because now is the time for fan support for that potential second wave. I would be absolutely shocked now if we didn't see a second wave of fighters, even if they don't all come with stages (just to note, the Stage Select Screen has 6 spots left, not 5). We could see characters like Shadow, Bandana Dee, or other characters from series already repped while Isaac could get the final stage. It's honestly our most likely route right now, as sad as that is.
I was supposing they were going to make a new stage as standalone DLC, like Wooly World and Super Mario Maker in Smash 4.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They can always have a DLC stages page, just like Smash 4.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
A mobile game while isn't what we want is very good. It's actual new Golden Sun content that they could get them funds for a full fledged Switch installment if that's what they want to do first.

Also Mario Tennis Aces surpassed 2.5 million copies worldwide which is the most successful numbers Camelot has had in a long time

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
A mobile game while isn't what we want is very good. It's actual new Golden Sun content that they could get them funds for a full fledged Switch installment if that's what they want to do first.

Also Mario Tennis Aces surpassed 2.5 million copies worldwide which is the most successful numbers Camelot has had in a long time
As long as it isn't free-to-play (even though that may be more profitable). F2P can be cancerous, and trying to squeeze more money out of people can lead to, well, Fire Emblem Heroes, which is not a fate I'd ever want to see Golden Sun have. Hell, even a port of GS1to mobile could be helpful. For now, though, I'm going to hope that Camelot stays out of the mobile market until GS is a franchise on the level of FE, as we all know it could, and should, be.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I think we just might be due for a golden sun return in the next couple years if nothing ends up happening before then. I had friends who got into the series all thanks to isaac appearing as an assist trophy in brawl and then two years later dark dawn got announced at e3 2010. I can’t help but wonder that Isaacs assist trophy promoted the Takashi brothers to make dark dawn with the increased exposure. It’s hard to say if history repeats itself, but I’m placing my bets on 2021 being a year where golden sun returns if not already given it’s the series 20th anniversary and that’s a little over 2 years of ultimates release.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1091186785919459336

I know shouldn't get my hopes too high up, but this is something to maybe keep an eye on, though the idea this being Golden Sun related also banks on it having been in the works for a while now, possibly connected to the new GS trademarks from last year.
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1091196297506246656?s=20

It have an online component, but I don't think Golden Sun would have one. I don't think this one is for us.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1091196297506246656?s=20

It have an online component, but I don't think Golden Sun would have one. I don't think this one is for us.
It doesn't say that the title that "fans would be delighted to know." is the one with the online component, if anything it just indicates that there are several unannounced titles in the works.

Either way it's all cryptic and doesn't point to any particular game, it's just something worth to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom