• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NRool

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'm gonna go with
Gale Strike - Jupiter
Slash Launcher
Stone Scabbard - Venus
Power Thrust - Mars, since it has a Fire effect now iirc.

Staarih

Smash Master
This might've been linked here already, but Isaac gets a player icon as well.

Granted, all playable characters and AT's and some spirits get one, so it's nothing too special haha. But it's cool nonetheless, you can really go out with representing GS in this game if you so wish to!

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
This might've been linked here already, but Isaac gets a player icon as well.

Granted, all playable characters and AT's and some spirits get one, so it's nothing too special haha. But it's cool nonetheless, you can really go out with representing GS in this game if you so wish to!
Shantae, Diskun, Devilish Kawashima, Chorus Kids, and surprisingly Lip are the specific uncategorized spirits. (not assist, or fighter)
I'm really surprised that there's no Advance Wars Player icon especially when Lip isn't nearly as recognizable as them, aka another character from a dormant Intelligent Systems IP.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I was browsing YouTube and I came across this epic arrangement of Isaac's battle theme and I just had to share it with the rest of you. It sounds like an actual remix that would fit perfectly with the other Smash arrangements
Yo, this is awesome! I love it!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I keep hearing over at the geno thread that we might get our first dlc announcement of smash over at the Video Game Awards on December 6th. Does anyone think that that just might happen or maybe we have to wait for Piranha Plant to come out first before we find out any more about the DLC?

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I keep hearing over at the geno thread that we might get our first dlc announcement of smash over at the Video Game Awards on December 6th. Does anyone think that that just might happen or maybe we have to wait for Piranha Plant to come out first before we find out any more about the DLC?
One last wave of hype with a strong character reveal right before release would probably be super effective for day 1 sales after the show. But, I'm not sure they'll do that. Maybe a game reveal, then a "by the way" this character from said game is also coming to Smash Ultimate, which releases the day after the awards. Hard to say. We'll find out next week.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If there's a reveal before the game releases it's at the VGA. And I can't think of anyone they'd reveal there other than a big hype character like Banjo.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
One last wave of hype with a strong character reveal right before release would probably be super effective for day 1 sales after the show. But, I'm not sure they'll do that. Maybe a game reveal, then a "by the way" this character from said game is also coming to Smash Ultimate, which releases the day after the awards. Hard to say. We'll find out next week.
I wouldn’t expect a DLC character revealed this early either when the game hasn’t came out yet. But they’ve surprised us before. We’ll see.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
A player icon and Mii costume are better than just an AT, and it actually makes me feel better to see Isaac get even a little bit more love for Ultimate, even if he didn't make the cut for the roster. We all need to use the player icon for sure, it will only help to make him more noticed! And hopefully the Mii costume can be used online so we can include that as part of Golden Sundays and other important dates.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, who predicted that we'd get a pre-order bonus fighter let alone it being a plant?
Didn't that one guy on 4chan leak PP like 2 days before the direct and nobody payed amy attention

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Didn't that one guy on 4chan leak PP like 2 days before the direct and nobody payed amy attention
Actually it was 2 months. He was supposedly a tester for the game and accurately leaked PP along with Ken and Incinaroar.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I’m not gonna main mii swordfighter for that costume. But when minis do come up with my friends, and it does occasionally, i’ll use him.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Actually it was 2 months. He was supposedly a tester for the game and accurately leaked PP along with Ken and Incinaroar.
if you're talking about noatesty, I don't think that's what faygoshill was talking about. There was someone on 4chan who also predicted the Nivember characters and posted a feels meme picture

SPEN18

Smash Champion
So I looked through the list of Spirits and it seems that 8 Spirits was really good for an 'Other' franchise. I didn't find any franchises without PCs that had more Spirits than Golden Sun (someone please point it out if I'm wrong; my search was not the most thorough). It seems we got more than ARMS even. There are a few other franchises that got 4-5 Spirits like Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, and Advance Wars.

Edit: I think Rhythm Heaven has 9. But still GS and RH seem to be the top two. RH has one extra track compared to GS but no AT or Mii Costume. From what we've seen, GS and RH are definitely next in line for first-party Nintendo franchises. Maybe ARMS is in there too, but idk.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I love Isaac costume's hair lol

Its so accurate
My favorite part about Isaac's roller coaster of a spikey haired bowl cut reverse mullet, is those two random ahoge strands, that sticks up in the back of Isaac's head and Sakurai renders those strands every time. It's just so grossly satisfying to see this hair being rendered in 3D lol.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
So to quote someone from the general thread,

"I saw on reddit that someone's reporting that certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs can't appear on some stages:

- Palkia won't spawn on Spear Pillar
- The Moon won't spawn on Great Bay
- Klap Trop won't spawn on Jungle Japes

...we have a precedent to remove Assist Trophies and Pokemon from the rotation! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

Not sure if it means much, but it's something.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

"I saw on reddit that someone's reporting that certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs can't appear on some stages:

...we have a precedent to remove Assist Trophies and Pokemon from the rotation! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

That is actually great! That means they programmed them to turn off under certain circumstances and could do (if they wanted) the same if they decide to have an AT to become playable. Being picked would be likely the circumstance to turn said AT off

StormC

Smash Hero

Guess that means Knuckles won't spawn on Green Hill Zone?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

That someone was me!
Don't lose your hope yet Isaac fans!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman

That someone was me!
After hearing all this news
RevolvingInconsequentialEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

That is actually great! That means they programmed them to turn off under certain circumstances and could do (if they wanted) the same if they decide to have an AT to become playable. Being picked would be likely the circumstance to turn said AT off
Guess that means Knuckles won't spawn on Green Hill Zone?
That someone was me!
Oh, hey, this is fantastic news for other AT'd characters, too!

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
“Isaac, you haven’t come out of your room in weeks, everyone is worrie-“

“I’m telling you Mia, I’m in Smash! I just need to figure out the pattern...show yourself Sakurai!”

AC518335-AD98-4BE3-981F-2FD51A2F3FAD.jpeg

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I don't think any Assist Trophy will make in into this batch of DLC because they were decided somewhat early, and developing an assist trophy in the game knowing beforehand that you will make it a playable character is weird.

That being said, if we get more DLC in teh future, the doors IMO are 100% open, in fact, look at friggin Chrom... if Isaac gets added as a playable character, i doubt they will even remove the Isaac Assist Trophy. also, its AT can keep all the "Handomancy" he wants while the playable character can focus on... anything else DX.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I don’t get why they did that, given Chrom.

Also, everyone, remember the game is not out and this can’t be proved yet.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Attorney in court.png

Meant to post this during the Grinch leak since the whole thing felt like an Ace Attorney case lol, but recent happenings made me kinda finish the sketch since it's still accurate I guess XD

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Guys I crack the code.

Wave 1 will have Isaac, Geno, Chorus Kid and Banjo--Kazooie.

That's why Nintendo tried to shut down the Grinch leak, because it predicted accuratly a bunch of characters.

Sakurai said himself that the roster was finish really early on. + he kept a spot for a pokemon rep. So Isaac AT was made in 2016.

That's why the costume is looking better then the AT, they start working on Isaac before the Rathalos tweet and import is new model on the costume. Thus would explain why we got the trademark for RH and GS. RH and GS are the 2 most represented series in Smash whitout a character.

They had to give the characters designer some work to do when base game characters were done.

Why did we got Weyard and Felix theme but not Isaac theme in Ultimate? Because Isaac theme is getting remix exclusively for Isaac reveal.

Next why did Papa Geno source claim to have heard about a bunch of characters on the Grinch leak? Because a bunch of them were in wave 1.

Why was Isaac AT reveal so late? Because Sakurai thought that the fan would guess Isaac for DLC, or be really made if he was missing, so he hesitate a lot to show him.

If we get ether of these 4 reveal early on, it will look really good for the other characters.

Edit: Now we know that AT can be togle off on some stages, so if someone is playing Isaac, is AT will be off.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Guys I crack the code.

Wave 1 will have Isaac, Geno, Chorus Kid and Banjo--Kazooie.

That's why Nintendo tried to shut down the Grinch leak, because it predicted accuratly a bunch of characters.

Sakurai said himself that the roster was finish really early on. + he kept a spot for a pokemon rep. So Isaac AT was made in 2016.

That's why the costume is looking better then the AT, they start working on Isaac before the Rathalos tweet and import is new model on the costume. Thus would explain why we got the trademark for RH and GS. RH and GS are the 2 most represented series in Smash whitout a character.

They had to give the characters designer some work to do when base game characters were done.

Why did we got Weyard and Felix theme but not Isaac theme in Ultimate? Because Isaac theme is getting remix exclusively for Isaac reveal.

Next why did Papa Geno source claim to have heard about a bunch of characters on the Grinch leak? Because a bunch of them were in wave 1.

Why was Isaac AT reveal so late? Because Sakurai thought that the fan would guess Isaac for DLC, or be really made if he was missing, so he hesitate a lot to show him.

If we get ether of these 4 reveal early on, it will look really good for the other characters.

Edit: Now we know that AT can be togle off on some stages, so if someone is playing Isaac, is AT will be off.
As much as I would LOVE this to be true, there are a few holes to that theory. One major hole would be Incineroar and his placement in the mural and Ken’s mural render. Also, you’re forgetting the 5th DLC character. If we’re to go by the Grinch Leal, which one would it go to, Shadow or Mach Rider?

Not trying to bring you down, just some things I’ve noticed. Still would love it to be true though.

Edit: words

Last edited:
Top Bottom