• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Okay so the Isaac Mii costume is indeed good news. But I wouldn't think it raises his chances for DLC or the next game outside of further confirming that he did well on the ballot. Also, I'm glad that most of the Spirits are from GS1; it reassures me that they'd definitely pick Isaac over Matthew for a GS rep.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Okay so the Isaac Mii costume is indeed good news. But I wouldn't think it raises his chances for DLC or the next game outside of further confirming that he did well on the ballot. Also, I'm glad that most of the Spirits are from GS1; it reassures me that they'd definitely pick Isaac over Matthew for a GS rep.
For me, however, I don’t care what Isaac’s chances are at this point. I will be pushing him to get in the roster (DLC and/or Smash 6) as well as a new GS game too. If Isaac gets in, I wouldn’t be surprised (but I also will be really happy) if they used Adult Isaac for DLC honestly.

With that said, I’m pleased with the amount of GS content that Smash actually got (aside from the music, stage and PC, but I digress. Lol). I’m going to be showing off it all as much as I can to keep GS/Isaac relevant.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
For me, however, I don’t care what Isaac’s chances are at this point. I will be pushing him to get in the roster (DLC and/or Smash 6) as well as a new GS game too. If Isaac gets in, I wouldn’t be surprised (but I also will be really happy) if they used Adult Isaac for DLC honestly.

With that said, I’m pleased with the amount of GS content that Smash actually got (aside from the music, stage and PC, but I digress. Lol). I’m going to be showing off it all as much as I can to keep GS/Isaac relevant.
Sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, but I'm not gonna stop supporting Isaac, or any character really, based off what I think their chances are. Doesn't mean I won't comment on my opinion of his chances, but his chances have no effect on my support for him.

I'd actually be okay with Adult Isaac, too. I'd prefer his classic design, though.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
No minecraft content, behind the scene's rumours are spreading that Sora's chances have gone to hell, and playable characters have complete spirits.

This was a good day for Isaac. I am feeling vastly more confident in him now than before.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No minecraft content, behind the scene's rumours are spreading that Sora's chances have gone to hell, and playable characters have complete spirits.

This was a good day for Isaac. I am feeling vastly more confident in him now than before.
What happened with Sora?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

I know this is off topic of the thread, but what are some of the rumors that talked about Sora's chances?

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I know this is off topic of the thread, but what are some of the rumors that talked about Sora's chances?
Some folks on reset era are saying that due to cloud negotiations going to hell, Sora went with them.

And mind you, A good 95% of that forum was totally convinced that Sora was verge's square character. But if you go on now it seems like a lot of folks are extremely doubtful.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ironic that the Smash game featuring the largest amount of Golden Sun content is the one furthest away from any GS release.

But then again, the increase in content is likely on the backs of all the fans. I'm thrilled we could accomplish as much. ^_^

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
844 pages? You guys are so beautifully extra.

I’m really glad to see that things are still looking up over here! I have heard nothing but good news for us ever since the direct. I cannot believe all of the new content that we got. The mii costume, in addition to some Spirits and an AT is pretty big for Golden Sun, and considering how quiet the series has been, that is largely thanks to us. So cheers!

I also heard something happened with the GS trademark again? Could someone clear that up for me?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Some folks on reset era are saying that due to cloud negotiations going to hell, Sora went with them.

And mind you, A good 95% of that forum was totally convinced that Sora was verge's square character. But if you go on now it seems like a lot of folks are extremely doubtful.
Ah, that make sense. I'm surprise that we are even getting another Square rep at all due to lack of FF content in the game.
Who would the rep be, maybe Geno?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Isaac wig was spotted

Also the closest thing to psynergy from the Mii Sword-Fighter is the tornado move so I'm equipping that at least lol

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
At this point I can't see anyone other than Geno
I honestly think it’ll be a Dragon Quest character. I’d be down for Geno for the fans that support him, but I think the only reason Geno and Mallow have spirits is a nod to the Geno fans since the Mii costume was taken out. I’m sure Sakurai wanted to put something in there for the fans.

I never thought Slime could be a character, but with Piranha Plant now I could totally see Slime using different moves by turning into different slimes. Everyone knows who Slime is even if you don’t play DQ.

With how stingy Square is I don’t see them wanting their second rep being Geno. Simply because Geno doesn’t really benefit them in anyway.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I honestly think it’ll be a Dragon Quest character. I’d be down for Geno for the fans that support him, but I think the only reason Geno and Mallow have spirits is a nod to the Geno fans since the Mii costume was taken out. I’m sure Sakurai wanted to put something in there for the fans.

I never thought Slime could be a character, but with Piranha Plant now I could totally see Slime using different moves by turning into different slimes. Everyone knows who Slime is even if you don’t play DQ.

With how stingy Square is I don’t see them wanting their second rep being Geno. Simply because Geno doesn’t really benefit them in anyway.
Problem is I doubt SE really care who the character is they just want the money, also DQ is a copyright mess. Geno is someone they already have the rights to.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice

I’m really glad to see that things are still looking up over here! I have heard nothing but good news for us ever since the direct. I cannot believe all of the new content that we got. The mii costume, in addition to some Spirits and an AT is pretty big for Golden Sun, and considering how quiet the series has been, that is largely thanks to us. So cheers!

I also heard something happened with the GS trademark again? Could someone clear that up for me?
I believe it was something about how the trademark they applied for in August is still under review or something like that.

People have also talked about which class the trademark has been filed in, but I'm not too experienced with that sort of thing.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Problem is I doubt SE really care who the character is they just want the money, also DQ is a copyright mess. Geno is someone they already have the rights to.
Yeah, but Slime is a far more recognizable character than Geno. Geno is popular in the Smash bubble. If Square wants the $$ they’ll go with a more marketable character. Not to mention Slime advertises the DQ games.

Geno isn’t going to advertise anything except maybe some people will buy an SNES classic to play SMRPG. But I don’t know many people that’ll drop that much money to play an old SNES game. And even if they did that benefits Nintendo, not Square.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Nintendo wouldn’t need to negotiate with Square Enix for Sora, just with Disney.

If anything, I think his chances are better than ever.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but Slime is a far more recognizable character than Geno. Geno is popular in the Smash bubble. If Square wants the $$ they’ll go with a more marketable character. Not to mention Slime advertises the DQ games.
Off topic, but every time I seen a slime put forth as a logical choice for a DQ character, I get more and more frazzled. Yes, they are the mascots of Dragon Quest, but they are far from the first character we would get. Assist trophy, maybe.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Not only that but dragon quest only has appeal in Japan mostly but really hasn’t been all that popular in Europe or the west. Geno has global appeal and fans have wanted him in for more than a decade. Sakurai himself wants him in so I think geno would be the easiest to get since they got the rights for the Mii Costume and dragon quest is owned by more than just square.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

Geno isn’t going to advertise anything except maybe some people will buy an SNES classic to play SMRPG. But I don’t know many people that’ll drop that much money to play an old SNES game. And even if they did that benefits Nintendo, not Square.
This. Geno doesn't benefit them at all, Sora isn't a Square Enix rep so he's out, Lara Croft is splitting hairs (nothing she can do Bayonetta or Snake don't already fill). All that remains is Dragon Quest, NieR:Automata and Final Fantasy.

2B could be in but is already featured as DLC in Soul Calibur. Final Fantasy already has Cloud, and since SE will likely try to showcase more of what they can do, Lightning or Terra are quite unlikely (Terra could have a fun kit tho), Sephiroth even more so... I still think Chocobo has more than a fair shot for this reason - younger demographic, echoes the more cutesy style of the Chocobo and Bravely series, as well as World of Final Fantasy, all of which are on Nintendo consoles.
That said, Dragon Quest is objectively looking very likely there. It's massive in Japan and you're more likely to find Japanese people that have at least heard of it than people who haven't. If they want to advertise it to the world, it's an extremely tempting opportunity.

Edit: Wait... Dragon Quest is owned by more than just Square Enix??

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Isaac wig was spotted

Also the closest thing to psynergy from the Mii Sword-Fighter is the tornado move so I'm equipping that at least lol
Awesome: glad to know that we've got his signature hairstyle. Now to just wait to see how long his scarf will be on his main Mii Fighter Costume alongside what type of sword he'll use. :)

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

What we know:
Apparently there were TWO GS trademarks filed this year, one I a not fully sure if it was Nintendo's and it is registered with Class 30 which normally goes for labels, brand name and are pertained to foods, usually, the other, however, is the one filed in August, class 9 'all the computer programs and software regardless of recording media or means of disemmination, that is; software recorded on magnetic media or downloaded from a remote computer network' basically everything videogame.
EDIT:
Another important thing to note is that this trademark doesn't have the class 28 (normally for video game apparatus). This would be the first trademark from GS to not have the class which could be pointing to a new game, and recent games such as BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Kirby Star Allies are only filed under the class 9 which could point to a Switch game! (Other games such as Splatoon and ARMS seem to still have class 28 so maybe it has to do with multiplayer experience or something along those lines)

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Not only that but dragon quest only has appeal in Japan mostly but really hasn’t been all that popular in Europe or the west. Geno has global appeal and fans have wanted him in for more than a decade. Sakurai himself wants him in so I think geno would be the easiest to get since they got the rights for the Mii Costume and dragon quest is owned by more than just square.
Guys..... Geno does not have global appeal. There is a vocal Geno fan base in the Smash community that has wanted him in for a long time. Because of this the Smash community knows who he is. Outside of the Smash community he’s not known. He’s a character from an RPG game that came out 22 years ago. Other than that he had one tiny cameo in a Mario and Luigi game that came out 15 years ago.

Just because they got the rights to a Mii costume doesn’t mean they’ll make him a fighter. Square gets to decide who they want. I can almost guarantee Sakurai asked if it was okay if they had the Geno and Mallow spirits since the costume went away and Square said “Yeah, whatever”. Geno already had some representation in Smash so I doubt Square cared if they made him a spirit.

Sakurai said he wanted to put Geno in a few years ago. Just because he said that doesn’t mean Geno is a lock. He also wanted to put Banjo and James Bond in previous titles and they still never happened. And remember, Nintendo and Square are picking the DLC, not Sakurai. I think his tweet about that is letting you know not to expect a bunch of fan favorites.

And sorry if I sound like I’m anti-Geno. I’m just trying to be realistic with who we’re getting in the fighter pass. I’d much rather have Geno than a DQ character.

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Do we have any pictures of Isaac's Mii Costume or is it still relatively unknown aside from the wig?

I'm glad I'll somewhat be able to play as my boy.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
As someone else said, I’m maining a Mii sword-fighter now.
Haha! I’ve been maining the Mii Swordsman before it was cool. :p
Super stoked to get Isaac’s costume right away! Now we just need to get the right Mii face...

StormC

Smash Hero
Considering what we've come to learn about Cloud in Ultimate and Verge's claims regarding Minecraft content coming into question, I'm starting to doubt we're actually getting another Square character.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Considering what we've come to learn about Cloud in Ultimate and Verge's claims regarding Minecraft content coming into question, I'm starting to doubt we're actually getting another Square character.
Yeah, especially with how notoriously stingy Square is about their IP’s. FF still only has like three songs I think.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, especially with how notoriously stingy Square is about their IP’s. FF still only has like three songs I think.
That has less to do with Square themselves and more the fact that the FF7 composer is the person being stingy.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
That has less to do with Square themselves and more the fact that the FF7 composer is the person being stingy.
I think it is both. We know the songs is part of the composer, because he is no longer with Square and his work is very expensive. But Square is still the one holding back the other things, FF didn't get any AT and apparently Cloud is the only spirit

dream1ng

Smash Lord
What's come to light about Cloud in Ultimate?

StormC

Smash Hero
Nothing has come to light... because Cloud isn't in World Of Light. Like, at all. You can't unlock him, you can't play as him, and he isn't in cutscenes.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Spoiler for WOL
Apparently Cloud doesn't appear in the mode at all and also isn't unlockable with that mode, he is in no cutscenes
Also FF is stuck with the same representation it had in 4 (minus the Chocobo mii costume) and Cloud is the only character to have spirit from FF

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I can just imagine the doom spirit beam things carefully going to the Final Fantasy world to pick up Cloud and the entire city of Midgar and leaving literally everything else completely untouched.

Top Bottom