• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Well, now that we know all of the characters, there is really no point to speculation. Especially since its very unpredictable now after Piranha Plant.

Look forward to playing the game with a lot of you though

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
They'll come back. Don't worry. They won't be gone forever. : 3

They'll come back and realize how much they are welcomed here.
Here's hoping! The dream is not dead! This is only a roadblock that we need to get through. And I know we can do it! :)

Well, now that we know all of the characters, there is really no point to speculation. Especially since its very unpredictable now after Piranha Plant.

Look forward to playing the game with a lot of you though
Not entirely. There's still DLC. ;)

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
It’s honestly a bit disheartening how many of us just... disappeared post direct...
Not gonna lie. I debated changing my password to random letters and numbers I would never remember to essentially kill my account following the direct. O obviously decided against it but I regret feeling that defeated and deflated.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
It’s honestly a bit disheartening how many of us just... disappeared post direct...
Is it weird that I find myself posting more on these threads after a character is disconfirmed? I did the same thing with Ashley. I have a hard time keeping up when the hype is causing the thread to explode, so I don't really try. I also tend to be a bit on the less optimistic side of any character's chances, so I fit in a bit better when expectations are in check.
Yeah, it's probably weird...

I hope to see a lot of them come back, though. Despite Isaac missing out on playable for the base, which is obviously disappointing, people here right now are putting their enthusiasm for Golden Sun towards constructive efforts. It's a healthy attitude, and even kind of fun.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
On a positive note, we're on page 800 everyone! Even as this is admittedly a rough time to be a Golden Sun fan, the enthusiasm that this community has had for Isaac is clear and we shouldn't be quick to let that go.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Not gonna lie. I debated changing my password to random letters and numbers I would never remember to essentially kill my account following the direct. O obviously decided against it but I regret feeling that defeated and deflated.
I'm glad you decided against it. We need all the help we can get!

Remember this, Isaac kept failing his quest (mostly during TLA), but did he stop? No! It was after Jupiter Lighthouse that he finally knew what to do to be successful.

For us, we have failed to get Isaac in Smash because we keep giving up and go into hiding. Not again! This time, we fight to get Isaac in via DLC and if it doesn't work, he's more likely to make it in Smash 6. We fight to get a Golden Sun game! And we fight to get Golden Sun relevant again! We got this, fellow Adepts!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am glad we are picking ourselves up to positive efforts! After Golden Sunday we should

1. Have followed accounts that post about Isaac as to keep reactions on future tweets/content
2. Launch the Operation's page. I'd suggest using the page to also pick a content creator once a month to keep people wanting to be a part! The Operation should also have accounts on social media, the Isaac for Smash could do for Twitter, but maybe a Fb and Tumblr would also be nice!
3. Expose our reasoning and our desires. For example the fact we lean towards remake instead of the next game right now, how we view Isaac chances (ways to go about the AT issue without deleting content from the game). If we could have those exposed in various languages (since Isaac's fanbase is very international) that would be great! I can help with Spanish.

OPeke!

Smash Rookie
Just watching the Cruel Ruin like attack from the boss on the cinematic, maybe Golden Sun have a boss on the story mode. Just imagine fighting the Doom Dragon at some point.

Also, Sakurai is a big troll and there can be still surprises on the final game for us to see on the release (or on a ESRB leak), maybe stages or characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m still lurking, but to be honest I don’t have any hope for DLC to be anything but a ****storm (if P-Plant, Steve and gacha girl are accurate). But I’m all for building support for Smash 6.

OPeke!

Smash Rookie
Hey, most of us want a new GS to give Isaac momentum to get into Smash in a future, but in fact the Assist Trophy thing is giving momentum to a new Golden Sun.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I admit: before this Smash hype phase, I had never heard of Isaac or Golden Sun. And yet you all have warmed me up to him. He seems like a pretty cool character, and he really didn't deserve the Assist Trophy shaft. Neither did Skull Kid. Several months ago I had never heard of Isaac, and now he's my 2nd most wanted aside from Skull Kid.

So I just wanted to say I'm on board with you all. Really hoping that someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, Isaac and Skull Kid will be available as playable fighters in Smash. 2nd-wave Assist-Upgrade DLC? Smash 6? I don't know. But we have to keep fighting. We have to get there. And if we try, we will. The fans of Ridley and K. Rool fought for years to get their characters in. Now that they're here, it's time for the likes of Isaac to get some playable love as well.
I love hearing stories like these. Cause it makes me think this thread genuinely influences people and makes them interested in the series.

I'd say keep on fighting! We can't go into hiding now! We must be vocal!

And thank you for checking out our thread, fellow adapt! : D
Hey, most of us want a new GS to give Isaac momentum to get into Smash in a future, but in fact the Assist Trophy thing is giving momentum to a new Golden Sun.
That's very true!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
And in order to settle this leader thing I say those that want to step up to the plate and feel like they can contribute in such a way, speak up. Keep in mind that we’re serious about this endeavor.

I would say we should vote on leaders, but... something tells me we don’t have the numbers to adequately vote for something like that. That being said we all have to come to some kind of agreement. And there can’t be too many leaders. I think 3 is a good number. Maybe 4. From there we can have other dedicated individuals be admins.

Needless to say I’ll gladly be one of the leaders for our efforts. #ShamelessSelfPromotion
I am willing to take the lead role in the Smash Ultimate Pro Scene when the game launches. I am going to cosplay as Isaac at every venue I go to and I will carry a banner that will encourage others to support a Golden Sun revival and bring Isaac into smash as dlc or in smash 6. I am going to start a twitch and youtube account under the pro name of Solar. I have experience in the smash pro scene since brawl, so I will place in the top 8 or top 16 to get the viewers attention. I will rally the pro smash players and let them know of our movement. That is the role I would love to lead in. Of course you guys got my full on support here and anywhere else you guys set up for our movement. Everyone cool with allowing me to do this?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Happy 800 pages

I for one am going to continue hoping that Sakurai saw the demand through the Rathalos tweet and the ballot and maybe just maybe the rules will get broken this time and Isaac will be a Assist trophy and also be a playable character via DLC.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m still lurking, but to be honest I don’t have any hope for DLC to be anything but a ****storm (if P-Plant, Steve and gacha girl are accurate). But I’m all for building support for Smash 6.
Understandable for having no hope for Isaac getting in via DLC. But if we don't push for it now, he might never break out of the AT globe in Smash 6, or worse, be removed again. We need to keep going as if ATs don't deconfirm a character. And to show how much we want Isaac to be playable. Just like how the Ridley fans kept going despite being told by Sakurai himself that he can't put him in the game. And yet, here we are, a time where Ridley is finally playable.

It really can't hurt to try. Once the end of DLC comes and Isaac still didn't get in, we got momentum already going for Isaac for Smash 6 by then.

I feel like a broken record right now. Haha!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I am willing to take the lead role in the Smash Ultimate Pro Scene when the game launches. I am going to cosplay as Isaac at every venue I go to and I will carry a banner that will encourage others to support a Golden Sun revival and bring Isaac into smash as dlc or in smash 6. I am going to start a twitch and youtube account under the pro name of Solar. I have experience in the smash pro scene since brawl, so I will place in the top 8 or top 16 to get the viewers attention. I will rally the pro smash players and let them know of our movement. That is the role I would love to lead in. Of course you guys got my full on support here and anywhere else you guys set up for our movement. Everyone cool with allowing me to do this?
Once I have the time, I'll buy ultimate. But I'll only use it and go to tournaments. No paying for online.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
It will ease the pain, yes.

I just...hope he will contribute to our cause.
He said on twitter that he wasn't gonna allow golden sun to stay dead on his watch. And that he was gonna be making a video for golden sunday. I expect some big things out of him going forward personally. And I think he meant those words.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He said on twitter that he wasn't gonna allow golden sun to stay dead on his watch. And that he was gonna be making a video for golden sunday. I expect some big things out of him going forward personally. And I think he meant those words.
I won't allow it to stay dead either.

I'll be making a video for Golden Sunday as well.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I can't express how much that I love that you're going to be doing this. One of the main reasons I've been dreading the assist trophy and so against it, is that it comes to a point that two/three years down the line, the competitive scene helps to keep the game in the spotlight and by then any assist trophy is just an item to be turned off. So essentially it's like Isaac doesn't even exist. But you're cosplay will make it feel like Isaac is on the roster! You've just escalated to my favorite competitive player, let's go!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I won't allow it to stay dead either.

I'll be making a video for Golden Sunday as well.
I'm making a video analyzing all the potential reasons Isaac wasn't included in smash in a lot of depth, and than proposing a theory for what the future of the franchise may look like.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Yay to 800 pages, dawn of Golden Sun next step.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
We hit 1,000,000 views on this thread wow...

I was responsible for 100,000 of them btw you're welcome

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
After reading entire 15 pages to get to this point, you guys did, I got my hope that Isaac maybe have dlc chance back, let get to this.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
After reading entire 15 pages to get to this point, you guys did, I got my hope that Isaac maybe have dlc chance back, let get to this.
I never thought we'd change someone's hope.

This is why we shouldn't give up guys, because our positivity rubs off on others.

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
welcome to the team! you know about Golden Sunday I assume?
Yep, I played both the first and the second game back in 2013 and I really like the character of Isaac.
Tough I haven't played dark dawn yet because here Nintendo portable games are pretty rare.
I was kinda lucky to buy both golden suns and FF tactics advance on a used game reseller bundle lol

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Yep, I played both the first and the second game back in 2013 and I really like the character of Isaac.
Tough I haven't played dark dawn yet because here Nintendo portable games are pretty rare.
I was kinda lucky to buy both golden suns and FF tactics advance on a used game reseller bundle lol
He's referring to the fan event coming in the next few days.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what kind of website are people looking for? Wordpress is general pretty good all around. Dunno if anyone has a design in mind but its not hard to throw together a quick Wordpress site.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I come baring a gift. Witness my meme strength.

"With the power of my「STAND」, GOLDEN SUN EXPERIENCE, I can make my enemy's senses go berserk by deconfirming Isaac in Smash Bros. Ultimate!" ~Sakurai Jostar, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Part 20XX

Golden Sun Experience.png

(I saw someone earlier comparing Isaac to Golden Experience and had the idea to make this wonderful meme. lol)

Top Bottom