• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I admit: before this Smash hype phase, I had never heard of Isaac or Golden Sun. And yet you all have warmed me up to him. He seems like a pretty cool character, and he really didn't deserve the Assist Trophy shaft. Neither did Skull Kid. Several months ago I had never heard of Isaac, and now he's my 2nd most wanted aside from Skull Kid.

So I just wanted to say I'm on board with you all. Really hoping that someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, Isaac and Skull Kid will be available as playable fighters in Smash. 2nd-wave Assist-Upgrade DLC? Smash 6? I don't know. But we have to keep fighting. We have to get there. And if we try, we will. The fans of Ridley and K. Rool fought for years to get their characters in. Now that they're here, it's time for the likes of Isaac to get some playable love as well.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I admit: before this Smash hype phase, I had never heard of Isaac or Golden Sun. And yet you all have warmed me up to him. He seems like a pretty cool character, and he really didn't deserve the Assist Trophy shaft. Neither did Skull Kid. Several months ago I had never heard of Isaac, and now he's my 2nd most wanted aside from Skull Kid.

So I just wanted to say I'm on board with you all. Really hoping that someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, Isaac and Skull Kid will be available as playable fighters in Smash. 2nd-wave Assist-Upgrade DLC? Smash 6? I don't know. But we have to keep fighting. We have to get there. And if we try, we will. The fans of Ridley and K. Rool fought for years to get their characters in. Now that they're here, it's time for the likes of Isaac to get some playable love as well.
Being a long time fan of Zelda myself I see a playable Skull Kid enticing. Hopefully we get to see our beloved characters on the field of battle. Just stay persistent.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I would like to talk about Operation BlueBird, an operation made by the fans of the Zero Escape series.
maxresdefault (4).jpg

There was supposed to be a third game but years after the second one, the creator himself flat out said that it might not be happening because of various reasons (sales, interest...)
The second game ended on such a massive cliffhanger, the fans NEEDED closure, they couldn't let their beloved series end as such. And they succeeded, the renewed interest for the series and made the impossible, possible, Zero time Dilemma came to be.

Now... The game ended up being rather mediocre because the creator wanted to do something else as the old script made for the third game back then didn't interest him anymore, but that's another matter.

What's important here is that their community brought themselves together and pulled through. We HAVE to do the same.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I would like to talk about Operation BlueBird, an operation made by the fans of the Zero Escape series.
View attachment 175972

There was supposed to be a third game but years after the second one, the creator himself flat out said that it might not be happening because of various reasons (sales, interest...)
The second game ended on such a massive cliffhanger, the fans NEEDED closure, they couldn't let their beloved series end as such. And they succeeded, the renewed interest for the series and made the impossible, possible, Zero time Dilemma came to be.

Now... The game ended up being rather mediocre because the creator wanted to do something else as the old script made for the third game back then didn't interest him anymore, but that's another matter.

What's important here is that their community brought themselves together and pulled through. We HAVE to do the same.
^this

We have to stick together guys.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
View attachment 175972

This is where I’m torn...

I don’t want to twist Camelot’s hand and force them to make Underwhelming Dawn Part 2 and have it bomb harder than the first and effectively kill the franchise.

I want Golden Sun to be a franchise Nintendo can be proud of. I want a revival.

Closure to Dark Dawn would be nice, yes, but if it means destroying the possibility of a flourishing franchise, I’d much rather wait and put up with remakes playing catch up.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry I'm discouraged not at all. We got a great Youtuber behind us, and we're going to be doing what we can for Golden Sunday.

If people didn't want to get involved that's fine all the best to them.

We'll do what we can and that'll be enough for now.

But we got this.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
This is where I’m torn...

I don’t want to twist Camelot’s hand and force them to make Underwhelming Dawn Part 2 and have it bomb harder than the first and effectively kill the franchise.

I want Golden Sun to be a franchise Nintendo can be proud of. I want a revival.

Closure to Dark Dawn would be nice, yes, but if it means destroying the possibility of a flourishing franchise, I’d much rather wait and put up with remakes playing catch up.
I trust them. Even with the numerous flaws Dark Dawn was a pretty good game. I'm sure the Takahashi brothers are aware of the criticism they were given back then.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
A remake of the first two (or all three even) games on the Switch is a better outcome at the moment. It will introduce new people to the franchise and bring back old fans as well. Only then will a 4th game be more profitable. At least, that's how I see it.

Trying to get Isaac in now via DLC as well will echo through to the next game if he doesn't get in this time. Nintendo will see our demand for him and will take note!

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/Is_JoJo_Bitch/status/1059311540883652608

I'm debating blocking cause this dude with the spiderman pic won't leave me alone. He's literally trying every possible thing that can be said to try and turn me around. And every point I present agaisnt him get's ignored. I can't tell if he's trolling or trying to be legit. Either way this is supremely annoying.
I wouldn't block him. He is just 1 troll/hater. There will be many more and you/we need to learn how to ignore them. That is why I think we should get all of the other assist fanbases involved (strength in numbers). That way we have many more supporters and people won't be able to just point the finger at Isaac alone. Also we would have many more people to defend our cause.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I trust them. Even with the numerous flaws Dark Dawn was a pretty good game. I'm sure the Takahashi brothers are aware of the criticism they were given back then.
We can hope... but also...
A remake of the first two (or all three even) games on the Switch is a better outcome at the moment. It will introduce new people to the franchise and bring back old fans as well. Only then will a 4th game be more profitable. At least, that's how I see it.

Trying to get Isaac in now via DLC as well will echo through to the next game if he doesn't get in this time. Nintendo will see our demand for him and will take note!
^This.

In order for GS to truly flourish, they cannot make a GS4. No matter how good it is, people will be lost. And if they’re lost, they’ll stop caring altogether.

Starting over would not only bring existing fans back, but would also bring in new fans, which is the thing we desperately need right now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
View attachment 175972

Aw man, I remember this. It was truly an epic moment when ZTD was announced. Even if it didn’t match up to the previous titles, I’m glad it got made.

And really, stuff like this, op rainfall and moonfall should teach us fans that all we have to do is organize ourselves.

We can get GS revived.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Camelot team that made Dark Dawn are not terrible, but they need guidance. RPG giants and experts in the field such as those within Monolith Soft would be the top quality developers and crucial to the success of Golden Sun.

I agree. I do not want another entry in the Golden Sun franchise if it kills the series. Golden Sun should be a series that Nintendo cherishes like their own Final Fantasy.

Just grab some experts from Monolith Soft, the Takahashi brothers and Grezzo to help with programming for a good 3D RPG experience. Let Camelot help and learn while working with the other programmers.

Nintendo has the proper team to rebirth the franchise into a juggernaut, it is only about assembling and properly utilizing them.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So operation Sunrise anyone? We could design a logo for that and even some other stuff to go along with it

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
That's what I'm saying too.

But I think the main reason people don't want to hope is because people think it's a waste of time. A dead dream. A lost amount of hope. A hopeless effort. A selfish effort.

But I argue we are none selfish, nor is hoping and pushing for Isaac a waste of time. It's all about pushing for what you love and what you believe in. And I believe that Golden Sun should come back.

No matter what, we should prepare to face the same backlash as the Ridley supporters did back during the aftermath of 4. But with a huge amount of positivity on our side.

Don't give up guys, no matter what. We can fight and vocally ask for Nintendo to fully bring Golden Sun back!
Sooo Xeno your our leader at least I hope if so very fitting although imma miss angry rant Xeno

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys I contacted the person with the petition and they just put up an update with the Golden Sunday plan (condensed of course but still) so it will reach whomever has signed and is still following the petition

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
So operation Sunrise anyone? We could design a logo for that and even some other stuff to go along with it
It's the name that came to my mind too. I think it's one of the best name we could use.

Aside that, there's not really a lot of people who gave their thoughts about the website, aside saying it's a good idea. I'll try to start something during the week.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So what is the full Golden Sunday plan?
On November 11th we plan on having a day celebrating Golden Sun. We're going to:
-post on social media talking about the game
-talk about the game within the community and in IRL
-celebrate the past Golden Suns
-talk about why the series should be revived
-encourage other people to give the series a try
The goal is to get people talking about Golden Sun again, thus causing a new GS and/or Isaac to be DLC in Smash Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I feel like you guys should start an Operation Rainfall-esque movement for GS' revival

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It's the name that came to my mind too. I think it's one of the best name we could use.

Aside that, there's not really a lot of people who gave their thoughts about the website, aside saying it's a good idea. I'll try to start something during the week.
Count me in if you need help with that, I have basic dev knowledge but could probably help more with the design part!

WaddleMatt WaddleMatt you can find more details https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/9tdd2h/november_11th_hey_golden_sun_fans_a_quick_word/ or in the Isaac for Smash Twitter

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Sooo Xeno your our leader at least I hope if so very fitting although imma miss angry rant Xeno
I still quite like the idea of multiple leaders. That way we don’t have a single person feeling like they have the weight of the entire community on their shoulders. That being said, we should decide who those few are, set it in stone, that way we/they can plan accordingly.

I do like the sound of Operation Sunrise. It’s fitting.

And go ahead. As long as it has a forum. It’ll be nice to have a place for us to migrate to since, well, it’s been nice here, but this is still a Smash focused forum...

Last edited:

Ivan > Cylia

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I think we all agree to be a vocal (yet nice) fanbase, right ?
I've just checked the different Nintendo Twitters, and a way we could make ourserlves heard by Nintendo could be the folliwing one :
First, we should never forget to be a NICE fanbase, and if we were to start getting organized, we should have a team of dedicated people who would do a creative (as in not a unique one we spam, and it could be quikly dones one, such as my PP) answer on EVERY Nintendo tweet, and the rest of our community would like/retweet the post ? I believe it's an optimized way to make ourselves heard without needing to be an overwhelming number.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/mrcmz/status/1059196388679057409?s=20

Someone replied this on Sakurai's Twitter so liking it / retwitting to get better exposure is good!
I still quite like the idea of multiple leaders. That way we don’t have a single person feeling like they have the weight of the entire community on their shoulders. That being said, we should decide who those few are, set it in stone, that way we/they can plan accordingly.

I do like the sound of Operation Sunrise. It’s fitting.

And go ahead. As long as it has a forum. It’ll be nice to have a place for us to migrate to since, well, it’s been nice here, but this is still a Smash focused forum...
Maybe we could do a poll to see if people agree with the name? I don't want to impose anything of course. And a forum would be nice, I believe we should keep active here for the DLC push but the other GS things could be discussed there

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/mrcmz/status/1059196388679057409?s=20

Someone replied this on Sakurai's Twitter so liking it / retwitting to get better exposure is good!

Maybe we could do a poll to see if people agree with the name? I don't want to impose anything of course. And a forum would be nice, I believe we should keep active here for the DLC push but the other GS things could be discussed there
Done.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16787114

Alright everyone, cast your votes.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Operation Sunrise so a cool name it sums up our project in a nutshell with our voices our sun shall rise

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Peep in america doing the sunday thing, start a little in the afternoon on Saturday after Ryukas kicks us off at around 2ish PST. there's been a slight mishap with the dates so we would have to start a little early other than that we should be ok I think.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I suggest that, in addition to the new site, we keep our presence here on Smashboards. This thread will become more of a secondary base of operations that mainly focuses on getting Isaac into Smash and building support within the Smash community for a new Golden Sun. That way we can direct those who want to learn more to the main site and it gives us something to fall back on in case the main site goes down for some reason.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
And in order to settle this leader thing I say those that want to step up to the plate and feel like they can contribute in such a way, speak up. Keep in mind that we’re serious about this endeavor.

I would say we should vote on leaders, but... something tells me we don’t have the numbers to adequately vote for something like that. That being said we all have to come to some kind of agreement. And there can’t be too many leaders. I think 3 is a good number. Maybe 4. From there we can have other dedicated individuals be admins.

Needless to say I’ll gladly be one of the leaders for our efforts. #ShamelessSelfPromotion

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I didn't intend to do a full website with a forum, just a nice looking page with all the main information for us to link it to non-adepts, and eventually the latest news.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
And in order to settle this leader thing I say those that want to step up to the plate and feel like they can contribute in such a way, speak up. Keep in mind that we’re serious about this endeavor.

I would say we should vote on leaders, but... something tells me we don’t have the numbers to adequately vote for something like that. That being said we all have to come to some kind of agreement. And there can’t be too many leaders. I think 3 is a good number. Maybe 4. From there we can have other dedicated individuals be admins.

Needless to say I’ll gladly be one of the leaders for our efforts. #ShamelessSelfPromotion
As long as the leader is big on that social platform like Billybae10K Billybae10K for YouTube and Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept for the Twitter Isaac for Smash page and whatnot. And they can get together when needed to.

You could even go beyond by having one or two secondary leads for each one too. But we'll deal with that later.

I'll volunteer for a position, but I'm limited on what I can do.

D

Deleted member

Whatever you guys do know you got my support. Once Smash Ultimate is out I'm gone. But know you always got my support.

Anyway leaders you guys will make a good pick I'm sure.

Let's make Golden Sunday good.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I did too lol. Seems like Geno is the most requested from what I saw.

Edit: Also glad to see all the Isaac responses too!
That's gonna happen, because he's one of the few big requests who weren't murdered by the last direct. Good on him, hope he makes it.

Top Bottom