• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I've been watching multiple reactions / discussions videos of the direct. You can feel people are mixed about it, only a few of them have the balls to give their uncensored thoughts though. Gotta keep those subscribers heh ! Yet you can tell that disappointment is the main theme.
I didn't watch the gamexplain and Arlo ones though because the first seconds were already obnoxious so I stoped.

D

Deleted member

y'all idk if spamming nintendo's twitter is the right way to go lol

TappyBat

Smash Ace
messaged rykuas, but I don't have the link sadly. hopefully he didn't leave....

but how will we get them to notice us?

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
y'all idk if spamming nintendo's twitter is the right way to go lol
Yeah we gotta be careful with what we say. Hopefully it should be alright as long as everyone only does so respectfully and humbly. If we start raging at them or making obvious spam, then that's not gonna be good. Everyone who plans to tweet should do so with their own thoughts; it is perfectly fine to use templates that others have posted, but just read through them and make sure that those words are yours, preferably making at least a few edits to make them all unique.

D

Deleted member

Well, do that, or spam twitter itself. Lol.
idk man

I mean I get that y'all are upset, and it hurts my soul to see y'all get shafted game after game after game, but spamming Twitter will get you nothing but bad publicity. Right now the Isaac fanbase has a decent rep and are very warm and welcoming, you guys don't wanna be known as the "annoying" fanbase like how people consider Shantae's fanbase. Typically the way to go like how Ridley and K.rool fans went is simply by spreading publicity like memes, fanart, speculation, etc. Spamming twitter IS publicity, I'm not denying that, but it's awful publicity.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
idk man

I mean I get that y'all are upset, and it hurts my soul to see y'all get shafted game after game after game, but spamming Twitter will get you nothing but bad publicity. Right now the Isaac fanbase has a decent rep and are very warm and welcoming, you guys don't wanna be known as the "annoying" fanbase like how people consider Shantae's fanbase. Typically the way to go like how Ridley and K.rool fans went is simply by spreading publicity like memes, fanart, speculation, etc. Spamming twitter IS publicity, I'm not denying that, but it's awful publicity.
Posting on the day of GS's birthday and asking for it back is spamming?

(Oh wait, I called it "spam twitter" hold on.)

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
idk man

He’s right, we don’t need to be annoying. We need to be loud. Take the K. Rool fanbase as an example.

Link expired, oof

Tetiro

Smash Ace
idk man

Which is why we are planning for one day to show a very warming and welcoming support to Golden Sun. To show Nintendo their fans are here and still love Golden Sun

We don't want to be known like the Waluigi fans did. So we'll do it with humble care

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
A lot of you missed this due to the time I posted it Oops so I will quote it. Give this a read... Maybe there is renewed hope for us with this
Well, I have let my own feelings about the whole thing settle a bit, am I still disappointed? Sure as hell. But I will keep pushing, here, twitter, anywhere, for Isaac and for Golden Sun. For most of us this has been also a means to an end of reviving Golden Sun. Perhaps we will get that.

Anyways, with this, many things are left unclear. I don't want to put everyone hopes up because we are just getting out of a big blow but remember the K. Rool trademark? It was in 2015, allegedly when the roster was decided and the development for Smash Ultimate started. So now we know two things: 1. Renewing a trademark isn't necessary for Smash non-playable appearances (judging by the Custom Robo content in spirits and the MKIII mii costume) and 2. Golden Sun got a renewal this year, even though it was unnecessary because it wasn't expiring anytime soon, and was actually added some new things like downloadable home video game console program, downloadable program for portable electronic video game console and the likes. We know the other trademarks renewed were scheduled to prescribe but Golden Sun wasn't, they just seemingly wanted to update the terms of the trademark. If they are indeed starting DLC development this year as Sakurai said (excluding Piranha plant), then maybe Isaac is one of those hence why the trademark was renewed at the same time as development is said to begin (as it happened with K. Rool).

Or maybe it means similarly that a new Golden Sun is about to start being developed by Camelot (since the are now free of Mario Tennis and the development for Aces should have been finished as late as Q1 of this year at most.) since the trademark also includes program for home video game console and program for portable video game console. Either way both could be excellent news for us Golden Sun fans, just wanted to share some good vibes back to all of us

D

Deleted member

Posting on the day of GS's birthday and asking for it back is spamming?
having your fanbase post an image of the exact same page long message template over and over and over? yeah. if you're planning to just like ask for it back that's fine, but posting the same thing over and over makes it sound like whining

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Maybe shorten the letter and post it to Twitter under the main idea of “In Honor of Golden Sun’s Anniversary” or something like that. Keep it simple.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Granblue character over Dragalia Lost?

That would be weird. Cause Dragalia is a cooperative project with cygames and nintendo.

Also I feel like Steve is going to happen. The Fan flame has died out and we are consumed by the corporate dark. Like in Dark Souls lol

Though apparently the grinch leak creator said banjo is in???? Both maybe????

Also is the artist for dark dawn the same as the original 2 gs's?

We can cheer for Matthew and for some weird reason Ray01's chance increased!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
having your fanbase post an image of the exact same page long message template over and over and over? yeah. if you're planning to just like ask for it back that's fine, but posting the same thing over and over makes it sound like whining
Whining? For a series to come back?????

Tetiro Tetiro and I just want it back.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
basically. just to voice our discontent about isaac and golden sun latey. we want it to live dammit!
Ok, just be careful with your wording guys ! I'm not english so I won't give advices on that but I can tell saying "we're upset Isaac is not in" is different than "we're sadden Isaac is not in". Gotta make use of diplomacy there.

D

Deleted member

Whining? For a series to come back?????

Tetiro Tetiro and I just want it back.
I was mainly talking about posting that one large message over and over, not campaigning for it back. I feel like that would hurt the image of your fanbase kinda since it would make it seem like there's no originality. Asking for it to come back, posting cool fanart, lamenting his AT status, campaigning for AT's to be promoted, etc etc. All that stuff is cool! Sorry for any misunderstanding

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Wrong way to go about this. Everyone is spamming Twitter all the time over issues like this. Sure it might help, but I'm not a fan of the "annoy them to death" plan.

Fangame is questionable. Ton of time to get it off the ground and there's no indication it could catch on. Even if it does, Nintendo NDAs it and we prove...?

I've got a crazy left field idea but I dunno if it's one I can express on mobile.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I didn't watch the gamexplain and Arlo ones though because the first seconds were already obnoxious so I stoped.
I watched the Arlo reaction.

It wasn't that bad, just normal Arlo fare. He tried to stay as blind as possible regarding the leaks (to the point that he was only dimly aware that Incineroar had been leaked months ago).

He had a very positive reaction to World of Light (because, as he said, Adventure Mode was the big piece of the puzzle missing from Smash 4).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm all for what everyone wants to do. Fangames, getting our word out through Social Media, fanart. These are all great ideas!

I just want us to do it smart and respectfully. I've always loved the dynamic this fanbase has. It's what has driven me to try and beat the trilogy for the first time. I would hate to see it spiral out of control just because we got the shaft in another Smash game. I'd love to see a remaster or Golden Sun 4 see the light of day.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I watched the Arlo reaction.

It wasn't that bad, just normal Arlo fare. He tried to stay as blind as possible regarding the leaks (to the point that he was only dimly aware that Incineroar had been leaked months ago).

He had a very positive reaction to World of Light (because, as he said, Adventure Mode was the big piece of the puzzle missing from Smash 4).
Well I didn't like his remark about the chorus kids in the intro, I thought it was surprisingly obnoxious coming from him. Most people agree that the world of light was definitely the strong point of the direct.

D

Deleted member

Well I didn't like his remark about the chorus kids in the intro, I thought it was surprisingly obnoxious coming from him. Most people agree that the world of light was definitely the strong point of the direct.
That CG trailer was so frickin BADASS i might be biased because my boy was very prominent in it but still

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
So about that fangame a few pages back. I’d be okay with with doing writing for the narrative. I just need need to replay the whole trilogy to feel totally comfortable doing so.

Not at all confident with programming yet. I’m just starting to learn on that front. But when I become confident on that front I could help there too.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, you're talking about his Post-Reaction Discussion. I was talking about the actual main Reaction.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Maybe there is renewed hope for us with this
The "home console" part makes me wonder a bit. Of course, they could be just covering all their bases but we'll see. I'm probably gonna cry if they announce Mario Golf Aces for Switch (unless...it was developed by someone other than Camelot, which would be suspicious).

I was mainly talking about posting that one large message over and over,
Yeah they're actually more likely to read it if it is shorter. And not the same one over and over. A longer, more personal message might be more appropriate for a physical mailed letter to say, NOA, or somebody.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think Golden Sun DLC makes the most sense. Statistically, DLC is designed for the hardcore fans, the people with disposable income who will buy it (you think the majority of gamers wanted Bayonetta?). What better place is there to put fan favorites?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Loud= fanart, memes, speculation, theories, talking about a new game
Annoying= everything waluigi fans did after his disconfirmation
My problem is that Waluigi's fan's got Reggie's acknowledgement and seemed like he passed it to Sakurai. I'm seeing DLC in his future. So I'm thinking while it's not the ideal method; it works.

D

Deleted member

My problem is that Waluigi's fan's got Reggie's acknowledgement and seemed like he passed it to Sakurai. I'm seeing DLC in his future. So I'm thinking while it's not the ideal method; it works.
That quote seemed like a generic PR non-answer, ngl. If you think Waluigi fans have had more publicity then Isaac fans for the past decade, idkwhat to tell you

KMDP

Smash Legend
What's the difference?
"Being obnoxious" is posting stuff like 9/11 memes to Sakurai on Twitter.

"Being loud" is petitioning and sending letters and emails.
So about that fangame a few pages back. I’d be okay with with doing writing for the narrative. I just need need to replay the whole trilogy to feel totally comfortable doing so.

Not at all confident with programming yet. I’m just starting to learn on that front. But when I become confident on that front I could help there too.
Wait, Fangame?

I might be willing to do some writing (and maybe design work) if the idea gets off the ground. :)
Honestly, I think Golden Sun DLC makes the most sense. Statistically, DLC is designed for the hardcore fans, the people with disposable income who will buy it (you think the majority of gamers wanted Bayonetta?). What better place is there to put fan favorites?
Well, that does make a certain amount of sense.

Don't let the people who think Assist Trophies are hard disconfirmations say stuff like that though. :laugh:

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
idk man

Well we have to start somewhere. Now I'm not saying we should just blatantly post anything that can come off as spam. So long as we are respectful, I think we have to be persistent in our efforts and explain reasons why we want more GS content within posts (whether it may be a new game or even representation in smash as a fighter) so we can get our messages across more clearly. I think SPEN18 SPEN18 was on point with how we should go about it.

Top Bottom