• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
While I'm scared that he's not in, I feel more sure then I ever have before that he is. It feels like the stars are aligning and Isaac may finally return to his rightful spot among Nintendo's greats.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I, for one, will be waking up at 'bout 6:30 or so in the morning to catch that 7:00 direct.

I'm not going to miss it, that's for sure.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I seriously hope the official render has a djinn jumping around or flying around Isaac

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So I've cleared my schedule around the Direct so I can enjoy it to the fullest...that is, everything but a dentist appointment earlier than morning. Gotta keep those teeth nice and healthy just in case I end up smiling like an idiot the rest of the day.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
What do you guys think the odds are for a Golden Sun 4 or maybe remake on the Switch if Isaac does get in Ultimate.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Obviously the disappointment will be prevalent and justified should Isaac be an AT, but it is important people don't reject that possibility. It's not fun to think about, sure, but the comedown is going to be that much worse if people haven't even accepted it as a entirely possible outcome.

I don't want to be a harbinger of negativity, but I think it's important not to get too single-minded. Just wanna mitigate people losing their heads should things not pan out as some envisioned.

Edit: timely post.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Egh, it's game over time for all the leakers and insiders. This is their final chance to make their stances and milk the fans. Not saying he is wrong or right, but it sure does seem like everyone knows everything or has a insider spilling the beans suddenly. Seeing a lot of people claim suddenly they got a PM with a leak and this and that. It's spreading... and more people are going to jump in and say stuff even if it's wrong.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I've been in Team Vergeben since the beginning but no, this time, I can't believe him, it doesn't make ANY sense. Isaac can't be an AT.

And on a positive note, take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLIFSEDBNlg

Yeah, it is a fan made trailer. But here's something interesting. This guy already made a video on August 7th, it was also a fan made trailer. That trailer was about King K Rool. you all know what happened the next guy. Keep believing, that's all i have to say my friends.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I'm going to take the Odysseus approach and just forsake the insider god. At this point what can he do? He's now just joining the suspicious amount of leakers crying foul suddenly in regards to the Grinch leak. This is just random and out of nowhere, and the gif accompanying it was completely unnecessary. I think it's time we all leave Verge in the dust as he, just like all the insiders, and have be played like a damn fiddle.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted Isaac to join smash since before brawl came out. I'm sure a lot of you have felt the same. I was happy to see his assist trophy back then. When I saw little Mac, I was sure it was his time. Isaac was more popular than little Mac, surely? And a much more interesting moveset to boot.

Then lo and behold, not only is he not playable, he's not even an assist trophy. I was bummed out for a while, but I still loved smash. I remember the day the ballot was announced. It was April first in America. I was sure it was a prank. But it wasn't. Nintendo wanted to know who I-we- wanted in smash brothers. Only one name came to mind.

Isaac.

I knew I wouldn't be able to do it alone. I began my campaign. I voted every day. I got my friends to vote for him, even the non gamers. I started the Isaac inn on gamefaqs and Facebook. I begged on Twitter. I tried to get an ember and fan it into a flame. I saw his name more and more as time went on. Exit polling, most wanted dlc, most wanted characters. He was everywhere. Every time they talked about dlc I begged for it to be his time.

That time never came. Bayonetta came and went, and hope faded. Then March, 2018. You all know it. A new smash brothers for this amazing hybrid console. Instantly a spark in my heart. He was still a Longshot but I had come too far to give up now. I took up the mantle once more and started my crusade.

Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, gamefaqs. Everywhere I could touch I proliferated the idea that Isaac could happen. Each reveal came and went with me praying for the Golden sun to rise. My fire and desire Rose and continues to rise in a crescendo that still surprises me. Despite not appearing yet, his chances continued to rise.

Rathalos. Ballot choices. Sprout item. Grinch leak. Suddenly Isaac is on the tip of everyone's tongue. Nobody who considers themselves in the know doesn't know him. Everyone knows what he could bring to the table.

As with all popular choices haters emerged. Dead. Irrelevant. Anime. They hurled their stones, and some who were unaccustomed to arrows lashed out against them. I always did my best to quell these feelings. I tried to remain receptive of other opinions, other arguments.

I see the light now. We're coming to the end of the tunnel, and there's only two options at the end. We either ride the rails, or the bridge is out. Should the latter come to pass. Should he not be shown. Should Sakurai say this is the final roster and he's not there, I will ride the train into the ground. Then I'll get up, and I'll start walking again.

But if we keep on sailing. If the track doesn't end for us Thursday. If we get that splash screen. It'll have been worth it. There's not many times in my life where I can definitely say I made a difference. If this happens. If Isaac makes it... I can't even describe the feeling. Joy, pride. I can look at it and really think that I was part of this. My hard work was instrumental in making this happen. Maybe it's selfish to think that way, but I want that feeling. I want to know that my effort mattered, because a lot of the times I feel the opposite.

Sorry for the essay. It's just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I won't rest until i know what the real truth is when the Direct launches. I'll take Sleep depravation again like last time. I'm not going to give up until we finally know what Isaac's true fate is.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Egh, it's game over time for all the leakers and insiders. This is their final chance to make their stances and milk the fans. Not saying he is wrong or right, but it sure does seem like everyone knows everything or has a insider spilling the beans suddenly. Seeing a lot of people claim suddenly they got a PM with a leak and this and that. It's spreading... and more people are going to jump in and say stuff even if it's wrong.
You now what is strange? Before the Grinch Leak everyone presumed that Vergeben was right and nobody knew the full roster yet or had not. Now, after the Grinch Leak everyone seems to have access to the full roster and even Assist Trophies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was exactly that, a presumption. Vergeben was the only one reliably leaking, that doesn't mean he was the only one with info.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
To those that are starting to have doubts, it’s natural. Nothing is set in stone and we’re nearing the end game. So it’s natural to start having doubts. In fact it’s a good thing.

As positive as I am about Isaac’s inclusion, even I have space reserved for doubts. And it’s important to realize he might not happen. And if that happens, it’s EXTREMELY important to not attack Sakurai or Nintendo. It’s also important to keep salt to a bear minimum. If Isaac isn’t confirmed it’s not the end of the world. We’ll just have to continue supporting our Golden Boy in future endeavors.

Keep in mind I’m not telling people to hype responsibly. You can be as hype as you want! Just keep a tiny little corner in the back of your head reserved for doubt. Just in case.
I got my dark corner ready, prepared to assume the fetal position. But i don't think I am gonna need it.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
You now what is strange? Before the Grinch Leak everyone presumed that Vergeben was right and nobody knew the full roster yet or had not. Now, after the Grinch Leak everyone seems to have access to the full roster and even Assist Trophies.
It's weird, it's like the Ninjas are trying to quash the leak's legitimacy and/or the leakers feel threatened, thus trying to preserve their own power by railing out against this leak.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It was exactly that, a presumption. Vergeben was the only one reliably leaking, that doesn't mean he was the only one with info.
Except nobody claimed to have access to the full roster by stating certain characters were not in and made no mention of Assist Trophies, but now they decide to say what is false and what is true? Why are they not putting the full roster that their sources gave them?
Edit: Gamexplain was able to discuss the Box Leak and Vergeben stating how those leaks could be legitimate but dare not take the Grinch Leak. This all seems too coordinated.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm going to take the Odysseus approach and just forsake the insider god. At this point what can he do? He's now just joining the suspicious amount of leakers crying foul suddenly in regards to the Grinch leak. This is just random and out of nowhere, and the gif accompanying it was completely unnecessary. I think it's time we all leave Verge in the dust as he, just like all the insiders, and have be played like a damn fiddle.
To be fair he has been pretty heavily under attack as "virgin ben" has spread as an insult and mass amount of people throwing shade in posts, artwork, and music at him. I don't think anyone should rub it in that someone won't/isn't in and this includes Isaac, Banjo, Incineroar, and Steve. So while I think his attitude has been nasty before itself, the Grinch believers have been just as nasty in many forms of media.

I personally never have and never will trust any "leaker" but keeps their words and rumors in mind. But it's easy for anyone to come out of the woodwork and say they know someone or heard something or saw something. Funny enough some of them even throw in Go Fund Me accounts with sob stories as they leak stuff. A lot of fakes... a lot.

As this all comes to an end, I could see all of the fake leakers being more desperate for some final fame while more people will also join in on it at this point.

We'll know soon enough. Good luck to the Isaac fans, from a Incineroar fan. Even if Vergeben and Grinch clash as opposites in regards to our characters of choice, it'll be nice to see earth boy get in.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
GameFaQs really hates Isaac, don't they.

More so, seemingly, than other places, at least...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's weird, it's like the Ninjas are trying to quash the leak's legitimacy and/or the leakers feel threatened, thus trying to preserve their own power by railing out against this leak.
Makes sense. If the Grinch leaks prove that all of these leakers had incorrect info, then all of the sudden dozens of leakers lose any trust people had in them.

Last edited:

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
Yeah, coming from the guy that said only incineroar and ken are left. "Let's make a 40 min direct on those two!" We'll see...

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I braced for this possibility. It doesn't hurt as bad because of that brace. But good god, does this suck.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
If Vergeben is right, I'm sorry Isaac fans. Ya'll didn't deserve this nonsense.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Except nobody claimed to have access to the full roster by stating certain characters were not in and made no mention of Assist Trophies, but now they decide to say what is false and what is true? Why are they not putting the full roster that their sources gave them?
Same reason they didn't the past few weeks, because they were under no obligation to do so. And I would think in some situations in would incriminate their source. Why would someone claim that, should they be unprepared to share? It's just inviting trouble.

As it is now, most of them are still being very taciturn and vague.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m going to be pissed if he’s an assist trophy again. I’m not going to throw a fit and curse Sakurai. I’m still going to buy the game and I’ll enjoy it. But I’m going to be upset.

If he really is an assist trophy again why would we not know about it until now.... That’s just cruel if that’s the case.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If Isaac is an AT it's really going to suck they didn't freaking show him earlier. Still it would be better than Smash 4 so I'll take it but I'll still be insanely pissed that Sakurai waited till the last direct to deconfirm Isaac.

Top Bottom