• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Undella2

Smash Journeyman

As for music that I want to see in the likely Golden Sun stage that isn't one of the standard suggestions, the Apollo Ascent/Endless Wall theme from Dark Dawn is one of my favorites.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Honestly a part of me is beyond baffled at the thought that a fake leaker might not only have gone to all the trouble they did but they also specifically created banners for a skylight display and then impersonated someone who would be working at a company that (from what I've learned) works with furniture design and video game displays (assassins creed) so they would potentially be the ones creating the display for these banners. (in which case they'd need access to the banners for testing purposes)

If it's something that anyone can do why have we never seen something on this scale before? I don't think we've ever seen a fake leak that even comes anywhere close to being this detailed and multi layered.

It seems like the far more straightforward and less ridiculous explanation is that it's real.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Nope not really. No one has really touched us to be honest. Well...aside from Emily Rogers. She posted on twitter the day of the smash direct that she wanted an HD Luigi's mansion game, (very shortly after we had the main direct with Luigi's mansion 3...) and in the same thread spoke about Golden Sun.
That's interesting. What did Emily say about Golden Sun?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Honestly a part of me is beyond baffled at the thought that a fake leaker might not only have gone to all the trouble they did but they also specifically created banners for a skylight display and then impersonated someone who would be working at a company that (from what I've learned) works with furniture design and video game displays (assassins creed) so they would potentially be the ones creating the display for these banners. (in which case they'd need access to the banners for testing purposes)

If it's something that anyone can do why have we never seen something on this scale before? I don't think we've ever seen a fake leak that even comes anywhere close to being this detailed and multi layered.

It seems like the far more straightforward and less ridiculous explanation is that it's real.
Honestly, if this was faked, then the person is guilty of identity theft- they could seriously damage the person they impersonated's career. Should this be faked, it's they only fake that has moved into criminal territory that I can think of in gaming.

Sure, leaking is also criminal, but that's usually one person implicating themself. This here is a way more serious crime since it could affect an innocent person's career, so I'd much rather have it be real for that reason.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, title change. When I saw it, I thought Isaac had been confirmed or a Direct was announced or whatever, was totally ready to celebrate.

Then again, I am sleep deprived due to Red Dead Redemption 2, so I might not be making any sense.

Dig the new title though

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah no, nothing to announce or anything, but thought we were due for a name change. Things looks slightly better for Isaac now, so this is probably the only chance I'll get to use this title, lol.

Plus all my prayers and sacrifices to the great Fiddy were going unheeded.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So, I've been thinking about the Grinch leak for a while, and I'd like to break down and analyze some of it.

First, though, I would like to cut down on some of the flaws of the pro-Grinch argument:

We don't know that this is true. There is, as yet, no confirmation that this company contracts with either Bandai-Namco or Universal Studios, let alone both. While the company he worked for a year ago did contract with Bandai-Namco, the one he currently works for may or may not. Also, this argument fails to consider that Bandai-Namco would not be handling publicity, Nintendo would, since they are the publisher.

Now, as we get to the rest of it, we need to approach the leak logically. Following Occam's Razor, let's simplify things as much as possible. What must be faked in order to pull of this leak?

The answer is actually ridiculously simple. The only thing that needs to be faked is the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate material. Everything else can be genuine. The leak could actually have been created by someone who works for a publicity company and makes these sorts of promotional materials. The material for The Grinch could all be genuine, as could his work history with the company. As the meme says "anyone can make a fake leak". Even a publicist. There does not need to be any identity theft or identity fraud for this to be faked. Not even the Snapchat aspect of it was necessarily faked. It could have been something that he sent a friend via Snapchat, never meaning for it to go further and his name to be revealed (though that would mean all of this was created to fool one or two people, which does seem rather farfetched).

The only things that needed to be faked were the actual Super Smash Bros. Ultimate materials. So, let's look at them for a second.

View attachment 172845

This is the image that has received the most attention, specifically the multi panel image in the middle. This image, apparently depicting a version of the Battlefield background used in the Mural but with the characters removed, has been reviewed in detail by a number of artists and digital arts enthusiasts, most notably ArtsyOmni, whose video on the subject can be found here.

I, however, am not an enthusiast or expert in digital art manipulation, nor of artistic techniques or analysis. So I will leave that to those who are.

Instead, I will focus on other, less analyzed aspects of the leaked materials, which I do have experience with.

Beneath the "LOL" emoji is what appears to be a set of display instructions for a circular hanging display. The display would contain the mural, wrapped into a circle (taking advantage of the fact that the mural's edges merge seamlessly), and suspended from four lines that converge at a single hanging point. This makes it clear that this is a display to be hung from the ceiling, and that the mural image would go on the outside of it.

Now, here is where things get interesting. It has been pointed out by some that the Mural image on this hanging display is not properly scaled, and that the mural would not fit on the display as shown. Whomever has made such an argument is an individual whom I can only assume has never had to set up a retail display, or at least, never actually looked at the instructions for doing so. Because, as someone who has set up dozens, and reviewed the instructions for probably hundreds over the course of seven years work in retail, I can assure you that the instructions for those displays are NEVER properly scaled. Or properly clipped. Or properly angled. Or properly sized. Or properly representative of the space you actually HAVE on a display to put the items they're telling you will fit there. Or-

Ahem. Apologies. Anyway, the point is, the instruction pages that come with display materials are designed to show you how to assemble them, how to display them, and what to put where. They are never artistically accurate. Literally, NEVER. The only ones I have seen which are accurate in terms of visuals are ones which are simply pictures taken of already assembled displays (which are inferior for the purposes of showing how to assemble such displays to the simple line drawings with cutouts).

The reasoning for the art being off is actually very simple: It's nothing but a placeholder, and it's only purpose is to convey to you what side should face out, or to help confirm which piece you're looking for. Frequently (though not always), if the item being displayed is a book, magazine, or game (anything with a definitive "front") the picture will be skipped entirely, and instead replaced with a simple display of the title in block text. The images which do show up are usually minimal effort. Low quality images, taken from a camera, badly shoved into place, and then clipped to fit the block lines. Sometimes they will be perspective shifted to match the angle of the display. Sometimes not. Sometimes they'll be perspective shifted to NOT match at all (which can be really infuriating to see from someone with mild OCD about clean displays).

Scrolling down, we then see the three panel display. It has been said that these are for a light box display, and that would explain the low quality and color shifting of the art. I do not disagree or argue the point that a light box display would need to be altered in such a way. From personal experience, it would, though I cannot say what the result would be. However, I would argue that the image in question is simply too small to be used effectively for such a purpose. The light box displays I've worked with in the past are frequently quite large, and this one is roughly the size of a single sheet of paper for a three panel display. No. In actuality, this is another page of display instructions. While it is probably display instructions for such a light box, its purpose is merely to highlight which panel goes in which part of the display, to assure that the panels are in order and properly displayed.

And before you ask, the answer is yes. Such instructions do indeed assume that you are a moron who cannot tell which parts of a continuous display image go where just from looking at them.

Below that, we have further block diagrams, including some empty boxes which could be filled with instructions, more photos, or information specific to a particular store or outlet as this material is distributed.

So this entire image is actually a picture of display instructions for promotional material, rather than promotional material itself.

View attachment 172856

This image, on the other hand, which I have yet to see be artistically analyzed at all, is itself promotional material.

It's a packaged display of a circular item. It appears to be a wristband, due to both the size and the taper at the end. You can also see a faint outline of those same hanging instructions in this image, above the wristband, that looks as though it's being shown through a blank sheet of paper. The wristband appears very professionally produced, with properly scaled images placed correctly on the wristband.

So, after reviewing these images, the only conclusion I can come to is that this is 100% genuine. Artistic anomalies in the instructions are expected. In fact, I would be honestly shocked if they were not there. This gentleman's role in the company likely includes either review of materials, or assembly of the instructions themselves. The images used were likely taken by a worker at this company (if not the gentleman in question), on a low quality camera, and jumbled and edited into place to fit the lines and serve their bare purpose of being a placeholder (they were almost assuredly NOT provided by Nintendo). Any artistic analysis of those pieces is utterly irrelevant to the validity of the leak.

@papagenos @Billybae10K - This might be something you guys would want to review.
This is 100% the analysis that we needed and lays down things on the table on what really matters and how this leak is as genuine as it gets. Thanks so much dude, you did godlike work with this analysis.

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
So, I've been thinking about the Grinch leak for a while, and I'd like to break down and analyze some of it.

First, though, I would like to cut down on some of the flaws of the pro-Grinch argument:

We don't know that this is true. There is, as yet, no confirmation that this company contracts with either Bandai-Namco or Universal Studios, let alone both. While the company he worked for a year ago did contract with Bandai-Namco, the one he currently works for may or may not. Also, this argument fails to consider that Bandai-Namco would not be handling publicity, Nintendo would, since they are the publisher.

Now, as we get to the rest of it, we need to approach the leak logically. Following Occam's Razor, let's simplify things as much as possible. What must be faked in order to pull of this leak?

The answer is actually ridiculously simple. The only thing that needs to be faked is the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate material. Everything else can be genuine. The leak could actually have been created by someone who works for a publicity company and makes these sorts of promotional materials. The material for The Grinch could all be genuine, as could his work history with the company. As the meme says "anyone can make a fake leak". Even a publicist. There does not need to be any identity theft or identity fraud for this to be faked. Not even the Snapchat aspect of it was necessarily faked. It could have been something that he sent a friend via Snapchat, never meaning for it to go further and his name to be revealed (though that would mean all of this was created to fool one or two people, which does seem rather farfetched).

The only things that needed to be faked were the actual Super Smash Bros. Ultimate materials. So, let's look at them for a second.

View attachment 172845

This is the image that has received the most attention, specifically the multi panel image in the middle. This image, apparently depicting a version of the Battlefield background used in the Mural but with the characters removed, has been reviewed in detail by a number of artists and digital arts enthusiasts, most notably ArtsyOmni, whose video on the subject can be found here.

I, however, am not an enthusiast or expert in digital art manipulation, nor of artistic techniques or analysis. So I will leave that to those who are.

Instead, I will focus on other, less analyzed aspects of the leaked materials, which I do have experience with.

Beneath the "LOL" emoji is what appears to be a set of display instructions for a circular hanging display. The display would contain the mural, wrapped into a circle (taking advantage of the fact that the mural's edges merge seamlessly), and suspended from four lines that converge at a single hanging point. This makes it clear that this is a display to be hung from the ceiling, and that the mural image would go on the outside of it.

Now, here is where things get interesting. It has been pointed out by some that the Mural image on this hanging display is not properly scaled, and that the mural would not fit on the display as shown. Whomever has made such an argument is an individual whom I can only assume has never had to set up a retail display, or at least, never actually looked at the instructions for doing so. Because, as someone who has set up dozens, and reviewed the instructions for probably hundreds over the course of seven years work in retail, I can assure you that the instructions for those displays are NEVER properly scaled. Or properly clipped. Or properly angled. Or properly sized. Or properly representative of the space you actually HAVE on a display to put the items they're telling you will fit there. Or-

Ahem. Apologies. Anyway, the point is, the instruction pages that come with display materials are designed to show you how to assemble them, how to display them, and what to put where. They are never artistically accurate. Literally, NEVER. The only ones I have seen which are accurate in terms of visuals are ones which are simply pictures taken of already assembled displays (which are inferior for the purposes of showing how to assemble such displays to the simple line drawings with cutouts).

The reasoning for the art being off is actually very simple: It's nothing but a placeholder, and its only purpose is to convey to you what side should face out, or to help confirm which piece you're looking for. Frequently (though not always), if the item being displayed is a book, magazine, or game (anything with a definitive "front") the picture will be skipped entirely, and instead replaced with a simple display of the title in block text. The images which do show up are usually minimal effort. Low quality images, taken from a camera, badly shoved into place, and then clipped to fit the block lines. Sometimes they will be perspective shifted to match the angle of the display. Sometimes not. Sometimes they'll be perspective shifted to NOT match at all (which can be really infuriating to see from someone with mild OCD about clean displays).

Scrolling down, we then see the three panel display. It has been said that these are for a light box display, and that would explain the low quality and color shifting of the art. I do not disagree or argue the point that a light box display would need to be altered in such a way. From personal experience, it would, though I cannot say what the result would be. However, I would argue that the image in question is simply too small to be used effectively for such a purpose. The light box displays I've worked with in the past are frequently quite large, and this one is roughly the size of a single sheet of paper for a three panel display. No. In actuality, this is another page of display instructions. While it is probably display instructions for such a light box, its purpose is merely to highlight which panel goes in which part of the display, to assure that the panels are in order and properly displayed.

And before you ask, the answer is yes. Such instructions do indeed assume that you are a moron who cannot tell which parts of a continuous display image go where just from looking at them.

Below that, we have further block diagrams, including some empty boxes which could be filled with instructions, more photos, or information specific to a particular store or outlet as this material is distributed.

So this entire image is actually a picture of display instructions for promotional material, rather than promotional material itself.

View attachment 172856

This image, on the other hand, which I have yet to see be artistically analyzed at all, is itself promotional material.

It's a packaged display of a circular item. It appears to be a wristband, due to both the size and the taper at the end. You can also see a faint outline of those same hanging instructions in this image, above the wristband, that looks as though it's being shown through a blank sheet of paper. The wristband appears very professionally produced, with properly scaled images placed correctly on the wristband.

So, after reviewing these images, the only conclusion I can come to is that this is 100% genuine. Artistic anomalies in the instructions are expected. In fact, I would be honestly shocked if they were not there. This gentleman's role in the company likely includes either review of materials, or assembly of the instructions themselves. The images used were likely taken by a worker at this company (if not the gentleman in question), on a low quality camera, and jumbled and edited into place to fit the lines and serve their bare purpose of being a placeholder (they were almost assuredly NOT provided by Nintendo). Any artistic analysis of those pieces is utterly irrelevant to the validity of the leak.

@papagenos @Billybae10K - This might be something you guys would want to review.
Your in-depth review was really good. In all honesty, I was kind of confused by all the noise this leak seems to produce and how many points you have to keep track of and the story that surrounds it. Since day one some people did say it was for the light display, but then many said it was for a wristband. Then the light display was brought back for further speculation after we got sidetracked by a multitude of other revelations about the background. It's like getting tunnel vision plus a lot of fog while trying to keep it all in your head. Your review makes me feel like I guess it could be for both a wristband and a light display. They could be doing more than one promotional item.

Also I thought about a reason why if the background is remade maybe it was to put that Smash Ultimate logo. Plus a bunch of the other reasons I have heard. Anyways thanks for your review it was very well made.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I tried figuring out Isaacs pose in the supposed leak, maybe I will brush it up if i am motivated!
Wondered where I should post this, so i figured here would be fitting, since i was lurking here for a while :)
Impressive dude! Makes me want to see what's your general art like, I take it you draw a lot?

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think when Sakurai said "I'm kinda hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers." he meant more along the lines of "I hope we can still surprise you."? Or is it just me?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Does anyone think when Sakurai said "I'm kinda hoping you aren't expecting too many new challengers." he meant more along the lines of "I hope we can still surprise you."? Or is it just me?
Sakurai trolling us with a statement implying less newcomers than we're gonna get, and it's just more punctuated by the implied Box Theory + Ken/Incineroar combo?

Sounds natural to me.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Definitely to surprise us. I know I've said it several times in this thread, but one of the best sales tactics you can ever do is, "under promise, over deliver". And with what we're seeing in this leak, that's exactly what Sakurai is/has been doing this whole time. I couldn't have asked for a better newcomer lineup! This truly over delivers!

StormC

Smash Hero
The thing is, he was right. Remove echoes from both games, and Ultimate would have about 2/3 the newcomers of Smash 4. But nobody would have probably noticed if he didn't say anything... so maybe it was a deliberate tactic. I'm really unsure.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
So how do you guys feel there is no Felix echo?
I'm still holding out for maybe an alt character a la Robin/Corrin/Olimar/BowserJr. But I would be fine if he's not in. Can't forget our primary goal: Playable Isaac and Golden Sun representation!

Last edited:

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
I might be a little late on this but someone on the comments section of youtube pointed out on the leaked banner/mural that isaac is next to isabelle and little mac, former assist trophies.

Shout out to QcSlayer Seven for pointing this out!

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
What if insiders saw a screenshot of Ken vs Incineroar in an animated reveal trailer, but Incineroar ends up defeated and returns to his Pokeball. Kind of like how Chrom was defeated by Captain Falcon. It would explain why insiders are so adamant about Incineroar being playable. It's just a theory though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What if insiders saw a screenshot of Ken vs Incineroar in an animated reveal trailer, but Incineroar ends up defeated and returns to his Pokeball. Kind of like how Chrom was defeated by Captain Falcon. It would explain why insiders are so adamant about Incineroar being playable. It's just a theory though.
A GAME Theory. Thanks for -shot-

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Ah... well that feels a little redundant to bring up. Sorry. :upsidedown:
Anyway... how good (or bad) do you think the Golden Boi would be? I think this is a question not asked often..? Like I'm curious what people predict and expect.
Edit: Caps lock.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might be a little late on this but someone on the comments section of youtube pointed out on the leaked banner/mural that isaac is next to isabelle and little mac, former assist trophies.

Shout out to QcSlayer Seven for pointing this out!
Better watch now out if Waluigi's anywhere nearby.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Hey, hey.

Just popping in to say that I'm on board for Isaac being in Ultimate.

I actually beat the first 2 GS games back in August, and had a lot of fun. So, I thought it appropriate to give my support as well, considering the circumstances the past few days.

Here's hoping for our golden lad!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ah... well that feels a little redundant to bring up. Sorry. :upsidedown:
Anyway... how good (or bad) do you think the Golden Boi would be? I think this is a question not asked often..? Like I'm curious what people predict and expect.
Edit: Caps lock.
I might have to play Smash Flash 2 first on closer inspection of how Isaac would be interpreted to be in Smash according to the fanbase. :dr-_-:

So far though, if they allow him to use variety of Psynergy that isn't entirely on the gimmicky side and has a good built, I'm sure he's gonna be at least in decent potential.

Honestly though, we just need to get into the day we can finally see him in full action.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sorry if this hasn't been covered already but what could this mean?
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1055967273482018816?s=19
Does this play in any way in our favour?
Sounds like an attempt to change the subject.

It's kind of odd. Mainstream outlets like IGN and even Newsweek have run articles on this leak.

But people like YouTubers and other lesser tier information brokers are refusing to look at it.

We're starting to see the same type of insider work that ruined games journalism at play in the YouTube sphere. People are staying silent, refusing to cover things or investigate, because they don't want to lose precious access. They're becoming just propagandists for the companies, instead of reporters.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
This will most likely be the last thing I say about the supposed leak unless new info arises.

Personally I’m 50/50 on it. There are some strange pieces of evidence to point towards it being legit but also a few strange things point towards it being an elaborate hoax. However as a big Pokémon fan...I trust CoroCoro and they claimed we are getting 108 stages and never released a statement about that being a mistake. Assuming that mural is legit those 5 newcomers all need their own stages and that just so happens to perfectly fit 108 stages. The 7 potential newcomers also fill out the character select screen perfectly. There are way too many coincidences for this “leak” so I can not dismiss it until Nintendo officially releases new information. If I was a betting man I would have to say the leak is real but it wouldn’t shock me if it turned out to be fake.

That’s my 2 cents...oh I’m sorry I mean that’s my 50 cents on this topic!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sounds like an attempt to change the subject.

It's kind of odd. Mainstream outlets like IGN and even Newsweek have run articles on this leak.

But people like YouTubers and other lesser tier information brokers are refusing to look at it.

We're starting to see the same type of insider work that ruined games journalism at play in the YouTube sphere. People are staying silent, refusing to cover things or investigate, because they don't want to lose precious access. They're becoming just propagandists for the companies, instead of reporters.
Well if they've heard something, their options are either share it, stay silent, or convey the outcome of the info without sharing the info itself. So, like, saying it's fake without being able to explain why. Which would require regurgitating the same relatively weak talking points we've heard all week. Gamexplain did this, and it really backfired on them. So that's not a good idea. The first seemingly is out of the question as well, as no one wants to expose their source. Hence option 2.

That said, didn't Sourcegaming do a whole discussion of this leak? I didn't watch it, but I remembering hearing little of value was actually said.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well if they've heard something, their options are either share it, stay silent, or convey the outcome of the info without sharing the info itself. So, like, saying it's fake without being able to explain why. Which would require regurgitating the same relatively weak talking points we've heard all week. Gamexplain did this, and it really backfired on them. So that's not a good idea. The first seemingly is out of the question as well, as no one wants to expose their source. Hence option 2.

That said, didn't Sourcegaming do a whole discussion of this leak? I didn't watch it, but I remembering hearing little of value was actually said.
That's the thing. There's nothing of value being said.

GameXplain will spend 45 minutes analyzing a trailer, but will barely cover the new item, let alone actually try to analyze the leak.

There's obviously no effort being put in. If they have stuff they've been asked not to share, fine. But they can at least try to make an effort when it comes to other stuff. They can cover it, analyze it, talk about it. But no, they just want to sweep it under the rug.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Actually you know what, I take this back. There's a very easy option four, which is to play dumb, and talk about it as if you didn't know anything. It's obviously what Gamexplain should've done.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Actually you know what, I take this back. There's a very easy option four, which is to play dumb, and talk about it as if you didn't know anything. It's obviously what Gamexplain should've done.
Agreed.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Something I was thinking about.

Let's assume for a second that the Grinch leak is fake.

MysticDistance (an insider) mentioned that there would be a trailer that includes two character reveals. Now some people are saying that it would be Ken and Incineroar, but that would be the first time two newcomers from different franchises appeared in a trailer together. It's not impossible but there's also no precedent for it.

What are the chances of the trailer MysticDistance is talking about being a reveal of both Isaac and Felix?

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie
I know I'm late but I think it's amazing.

However I do believe that Flint is under Isaac hand and that the yellow stuff over is hair is indeed is scarf, just like in official artwork.

(The white circles could also be flying rocks).

https://www.google.com/search?q=gol...AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=BR4xTUI9g_70kM:
Thank you so much!
I tried to see flint, I couldn't really but im still open to that idea! Would be really awesome! However there is some brown stuff between his hand and his leg that i couldn't quite make out what it was, but I think the shape doesn't work for flint. I think the yellowish part that reminds one of his belly is actually the floor, judging by Lucario's shape. But let's see! :)
The scarf on the other hand, i can't believe i didn't catch this, I guess I was too focused to find out the shape of his hair! thank you for this!

ok .... THIS is great can you make one for chorus and mach rider please? :p you'r good
Thank you so much! I believe someone did a drawing for the chorus kids already, and it's really difficult to figure out what the conductor is doing! Mach rider is complicated on another level, but maybe I'll try! As Isaac is my most wanted character since ever, and I'm really familiar with the character I just had to do it!

Impressive dude! Makes me want to see what's your general art like, I take it you draw a lot?
Thank you! Yeah, I draw quite a lot, in my job and privatly.
I am actually working on my own smash fanart, for a long time already (actually since Smash WiiU...) but now im gonna update it for ultimate!
It's very wip in many aspects, but I think that is the most relevant art to show here: My Smash Bros WIP fanart
Let's hope I can officially add Isaac to it one beautiful day!

Edit: And yes, I will have to redo Link.. wasn't satisfied with him anyway! xD

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

MysticDistance (an insider) mentioned that there would be a trailer that includes two character reveals. Now some people are saying that it would be Ken and Incineroar, but that would be the first time two newcomers from different franchises appeared in a trailer together. It's not impossible but there's also no precedent for it.

What are the chances of the trailer MysticDistance is talking about being a reveal of both Isaac and Felix?
There's no precedent this time, but it's happened in past Smash games.

astralAenigma

Smash Rookie
Hello there!

Just a French Geno supporter passing by to say you this: good luck. Smash speculation has been pretty harsh for everybody, but our goal is pratically reached by now.
The love you all have for Isaac is... truly amazing. It seems like I'm sharing the same one for Geno. Besides, everyone seems so kind and sweet in Isaac's support. Really, I love the atmosphere you're sharing.
This is why I wanted to understand. Why do they find Isaac that great? Is he that relevant for Smash? Is Golden Sun that good?

And oh boy was I right.
I've just left Vale with Garet in my party, and I'm already enjoying a lot what I'm seeing there. The music is so goooood! The story is quite intriguing, too. And I'm sure it will become even greater throughout the game! Now, I think I'm beginning to understand why you all want Isaac to be recognized. I've just started to play at Golden Sun, but I'm already sure this game is... well, golden. A true masterpiece. This is something I can feel. I felt something similar with each of my favorite games. So... yeah, now I will truly be disappointed if Isaac doesn't make it. But I'm convinced his chances are pretty high, so don't lose hope!

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
What do you think will happen if the leak is fake? Will people hate the leaker for getting our hopes up? Or will people hate Verge for being right about really underwhelming final reveals?
As someone that wants the leak to be real... nah I wouldn’t hate the leaker if it turned out to be fake. I’d celebrate them for making a fake leak that gave me the dream roster I didn’t know I wanted and also making so many people believe that it’s real.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
There's no precedent this time, but it's happened in past Smash games.
Those reveals weren't highly expensive CGI trailers, the stakes are different here. I'm not saying it's not possible (I mean for all we know the Grinch leak light be real and Sakurai plans on making the hypest CGI trailer yet with all 5 of them), I just think that it's highly unlikely. Ken, an echo fighter of an existing playable character with no link to Pokemon being in a CGI trailer at least.

Last edited:

Tecnoid

Smash Rookie
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. AlliwantisIsaac
  17. Altais
  18. Amberloo
  19. Amtoj
  20. AncientArk
  21. andimidna
  22. Androobie
  23. Aeon Lupin
  24. Apollyon
  25. Aqua Rock X
  26. AquaDork1
  27. AquaSol
  28. Arcadenik
  29. ArkSPiTFirE
  30. Arsenal234,
  31. Arteen
  32. Asian_Charizard
  33. Astraltar
  34. Aureola
  35. Aurora Jenny
  36. AustarusIV
  37. AwesomeCauliflower68
  38. Awesomedude444
  39. aztimh
  40. Backgammon
  41. Baddies are back
  42. Balgorxz
  43. BandannaWaddleDee
  44. Bane84
  45. Banjodorf
  46. bassem6
  47. Bassoonist
  48. Billybae10K
  49. BillyBat
  50. Bingoshi
  51. Bkupa666
  52. Black Magician
  53. Blackwolf666
  54. Blaziken
  55. Blue7113
  56. BluePikmin11
  57. BoltDragon
  58. BoN~
  59. Bowser-Daimao
  60. BravadoMan_13
  61. BridgesWithTurtles
  62. Brother AJ
  63. Browny
  64. Buddy002
  65. Bunny8093
  66. BUnit
  67. Burruni
  68. Calamitas
  69. Calane
  70. CactusBlah
  71. candyissweet
  72. Capita
  73. Cap'nChreest
  74. Captain Toad
  75. CardStealer1
  76. Cazzone,
  77. Chapter Serf
  78. CheckmateChuck
  79. CheeseBroJoe
  80. Cheezey Bites
  81. ChirimoyaX
  82. Chromfirmed
  83. Chrono.
  84. ChronoPenguin
  85. clearandsweet
  86. ClinkStryphart
  87. CliffJumper
  88. Clumsyzephyr
  89. Coaltergeist
  90. cocy965
  91. Cos.
  92. Confirmation
  93. Connorb0t2
  94. Crap-Zapper
  95. CrocoLoco
  96. CrossDispatcher
  97. cybersai
  98. Dalek_Kolt
  99. Darkdarkness
  100. Darkfur
  101. DatoSm
  102. Dee Dude
  103. Delta64
  104. Demonfunds
  105. Dendros
  106. Desert Croc
  107. Destroyer713
  108. Dezeray112
  109. Dhragen
  110. Dib The Crazy Kid
  111. Diddy Kong
  112. Dihan
  113. Dimensionsword64
  114. Dionaea_floridensis
  115. direktor
  116. DivinexRose
  117. DJ3DS
  118. DJBor
  119. D-Man9293
  120. DMurr
  121. DogManStar
  122. DoodleDuck97
  123. Doncalot
  124. DraginHikari
  125. Drakonis
  126. DrJayfox
  127. Dromader
  128. DukeNapoleon
  129. DustyPumpkin
  130. Dyllybirdy
  131. e105beta
  132. Eagle
  133. EclairSpark
  134. EclipseSmash
  135. EddyBearr
  136. ED Cantu
  137. Edlocke
  138. egaddmario
  139. ElPanandero
  140. El Syd
  141. EndlessChrom
  142. EndlessRain
  143. EnhaloTricks
  144. EricTheGamerman
  145. Essora
  146. ETFruitNinja
  147. ethanrodgers223
  148. Ezequileste
  149. Falgor
  150. Falkoopa
  151. False Sense
  152. FamiconDisk
  153. Felix_the_Slayer
  154. fenyx4
  155. ferioku
  156. Fire Rider
  157. Fire Tactician
  158. Fire_Voyager
  159. FirstBlade
  160. Flamel
  161. Flamingbird
  162. Flareon
  163. Flarzo
  164. Flik
  165. FlintIke
  166. Flynn.Scifo
  167. fogbadge.
  168. foolssigma
  169. FooltheFlames
  170. FrankAL
  171. FreddyOnDrugs
  172. Friesnchip
  173. Frosty Pops
  174. GalacticPetey
  175. Gameguy1996
  176. Gazorpazorpfield
  177. Geassguy
  178. gebi
  179. Geno Boost
  180. ghastmine
  181. Ghirahilda
  182. GhostStorm
  183. Gioka
  184. GladiusVortex
  185. GM_3826
  186. GoldenBoy01
  187. Golden Icarus
  188. GoldenSunIsAlive
  189. GoodGrief741
  190. Gotann
  191. GraveEclipse567
  192. gspindles
  193. Gurein
  194. Hakerson
  195. heylodom
  196. Highway20
  197. Holdenon
  198. hustler713
  199. Huanchi
  200. hwrdjacob
  201. iam8bit
  202. Icana
  203. iDazedX_x
  204. Inawordyes
  205. IntelliHeath1
  206. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  207. isaac3000
  208. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  209. Isaac for Smash Pls
  210. IsaacOrRiot
  211. Isaac: Venus Adept
  212. Istry555
  213. ItsRainingGravy
  214. ItsYio
  215. IvanQuote
  216. JaidynReiman
  217. Jak_spoon
  218. JamesDNaux
  219. James Tutumbero
  220. Jamurai
  221. Jandlebars
  222. JarBear
  223. Javifa
  224. Jclubsandwich
  225. JDogindy
  226. JesseMcCloud
  227. Jibunzo
  228. Johnknight1
  229. JohnnySparkxs
  230. JoyStar
  231. Jupiter Ivan
  232. Jurae818
  233. Just a random scrub
  234. jweb22
  235. Kalaam
  236. Kalomaze
  237. KCCHIEFS27
  238. KeniththeGatherer
  239. KeybladeSmasher
  240. KHJason95
  241. Kikaru
  242. Kind Dedede
  243. KingCloud
  244. KingShadow
  245. KingTorra
  246. KingZing
  247. KiraYoshikage
  248. KirbyDragon
  249. Kirbyfan391
  250. Kisae
  251. Klimax
  252. KMDP
  253. Knight-Adept
  254. KoalaNut
  255. Kokirikory
  256. KoopaSaki
  257. Koori
  258. Kremling Man
  259. Kumatora
  260. KurouKamen
  261. Kycse
  262. Lady Palutena
  263. Lampy
  264. LaniusShrike
  265. lanky_gunner
  266. LasermasterA
  267. Leafeon523
  268. Ledfarmer
  269. LeeYawshee
  270. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  271. LegendOfDragoon
  272. legendofrob1
  273. LemmyKoopa
  274. lexpic17
  275. lightdasher
  276. LightheartedBum
  277. Lightosia
  278. Linq
  279. Lisbon Mapping
  280. littl-myth
  281. Liverpool19
  282. LoboRundas
  283. Lone (Thirteenth)
  284. Lonodel
  285. Lord-Zero
  286. Lucanic
  287. Lucimar
  288. Ludjinnado
  289. Luigifan18
  290. lunarum
  291. Lukingordex
  292. Lurxy
  293. Lynn Eslie
  294. M23-X0
  295. MacSmitty
  296. MagiusNecros
  297. MAGMIS
  298. MainJPW
  299. Malcolm Belmont
  300. MaskO'Gears
  301. Master Rapier
  302. MasterMushroom
  303. MatthewVenusAdept
  304. Mav485
  305. McLapras
  306. MeatOfJustice
  307. Mega Bidoof
  308. Mehdow
  309. Mendelsin
  310. MetalMario128
  311. Metocles
  312. Midnight Torch
  313. Miifighters4Smash5
  314. Minato Arisato
  315. Mike Cometa
  316. Mikegamer0608
  317. Mishudo
  318. Monkokaio
  319. MonopolyRubix
  320. MorbidAltruism
  321. Moydow
  322. MrGame&Rock
  323. MrMacBeth
  324. MrToxicVoltage
  325. Muirkat
  326. Mythzotick
  327. mynameisv
  328. MysticKnives
  329. N1N
  330. N3ON
  331. Nauzgo
  332. Necro Toad
  333. Neo Zero
  334. NessAtc.
  335. Niala
  336. Nimbostratus
  337. NineS
  338. Ninjakid41592
  339. Nintandy
  340. Nintendokusou
  341. NitrusVirus
  342. NonSpecificGuy
  343. NoOtherPersona
  344. NoR4U
  345. Nossnitro102
  346. Octillus
  347. Oddyesy
  348. oh.glory
  349. OhMyBanana54
  350. Olo
  351. Onassi2
  352. Oniric Spriter
  353. Ookami Ryo
  354. OpticalBlast
  355. OptimisticStrifer
  356. Oracle_Summon
  357. Organization XIII
  358. osby
  359. otarolgam
  360. Oz37
  361. Pacack
  362. Papagenos
  363. ParanoidDrone
  364. Pcubed007
  365. Pennate
  366. Phaazoid
  367. PhilosophicAnimal
  368. pholtos
  369. Pizza Robo
  370. P.Kat
  371. Plain Yogurt
  372. Playcube
  373. PlayfulMushroom
  374. POKEMANSPIKA
  375. PokiehlthePoet
  376. Powerman293
  377. praline
  378. proxian
  379. psb123
  380. PSIguy89
  381. PSYNergy
  382. PrinceGal3n
  383. PurpleStuff5
  384. PWN3
  385. Pwnapplez
  386. Pyzlnar
  387. QcSlayer
  388. Q-Long
  389. Quetzal77
  390. R.O.B.
  391. Radical Beam
  392. Radori
  393. Raetah
  394. Rafuki21
  395. Raykz
  396. Raziek
  397. Red Dasher
  398. Red Ryu
  399. RegiGygas117
  400. RenH
  401. Replica
  402. Rethuic
  403. Retroen
  404. RetroMetalSonic
  405. RhymeswithEmpty
  406. Roger Smith
  407. RosaPeach
  408. Royaru
  409. Royvolution Ream
  410. RumpletrellskiN
  411. Ryan
  412. Ryuji
  413. Ryuutakeshi
  414. Sabrewulf238
  415. Saer2k
  416. Sagittarius
  417. Salocin
  418. sandfall
  419. SanicJan
  420. Sari
  421. Scatmansworld25
  422. Scoliosis Jones
  423. scoobymcsnack
  424. Seb9k+
  425. SebasSancy
  426. Secret Sexytime
  427. Seleir
  428. Seoxys
  429. Sephazon
  430. ShadowGuy1
  431. Shawnullah
  432. sheik93
  433. shellshocker18
  434. Shin F.
  435. Shinhed-echi
  436. Shiny Porygon
  437. Shog
  438. Sidboylol
  439. Silo777
  440. SirCamp
  441. Skeleton o' Fun
  442. SkullKidKing
  443. Skyblade12
  444. Skyfox2000
  445. sman3975
  446. Smash_Handle69
  447. SmashBro99
  448. smashingDoug
  449. smashkirby
  450. Smashmar2
  451. smash puffle
  452. SmashShadow
  453. smashtriforce77
  454. smileMasky
  455. SmilingMad
  456. SMX
  457. Solbliminal
  458. Solfiner
  459. someonetookjacob
  460. SonicLink125
  461. SonicSmasher
  462. SoraSaturn
  463. Sordim522
  464. SorMago
  465. SorrowOfAcheron
  466. SoulofKhaos
  467. Soulsaint
  468. SoupCanMafia
  469. Sparkus
  470. Spatman
  471. Spazzy_D
  472. Speedwagon
  473. spoilerowl
  474. Spootondorf
  475. Sqid
  476. Squirtle/Mario guy
  477. SSBFan
  478. Staarih
  479. StaffofSmashing
  480. Strider_Bond00J
  481. StrikeBlade
  482. SundaeS
  483. SuperBrawler
  484. Superfiremario
  485. SuperNintendoKid
  486. Supersmash77
  487. Superyoshiom
  488. Swampasaur
  489. Sykin
  490. Takasmash
  491. tamagone
  492. TappyBat
  493. TBone06
  494. tbuster766
  495. TCT~Phantom
  496. TeamFlareZakk
  497. Techno1000
  498. TeenGirlSquad
  499. TehEpicRyuga
  500. TempestSurge
  501. Tetiro
  502. ThatShadowLink
  503. THE 6r
  504. The Curious Volnutt
  505. The One Who Wrote This
  506. Thekewlusername
  507. T-Hell
  508. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  509. TheSeanMan
  510. TheSpaceKing
  511. The Stoopid Unikorn
  512. TheTactician
  513. THE TemporaryFool
  514. thethirdkoopa
  515. TheZoologist
  516. ThirdDay
  517. ThoughtfulWanderer
  518. ThunderOverload
  519. TiaSilvia
  520. TimeSmash
  521. Tinfoil
  522. Tiymako
  523. ToothiestAura
  524. topspin1617
  525. Travix Man
  526. TreeBranch
  527. True Blue Warrior
  528. Turmalinium
  529. tveye
  530. tyrus+
  531. UltimateWario
  532. Ultinarok
  533. Undella2
  534. User Name String
  535. UtopianPoyzin
  536. valkiriforce
  537. Vann Accessible
  538. Vegito2727
  539. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  540. Vintage Creep
  541. Violenceman
  542. walph
  543. warelander
  544. Warheart_666
  545. Wigglytuff ★
  546. winterofsilver
  547. Wintropy
  548. WhiteEaglePL
  549. Xelion
  550. Xenigma
  551. XenoWarriorX
  552. XeVioN
  553. Xiivi
  554. Xithyl_kykorl
  555. xLemmy_KoopaX
  556. xNaz
  557. xpnc
  558. XTremeGamer1234
  559. XxLtxX
  560. Yangfly Leone
  561. YellowLord
  562. Yggdra
  563. Yoh
  564. Yoshi444
  565. YoshiandToad
  566. Young Horsetail
  567. Your Hero
  568. Ypsen
  569. Yuki Setsuna
  570. Yusa
  571. YwhaletailY
  572. Zabadoo
  573. zabimaru1000
  574. zagman505
  575. zaiman12345
  576. Zalaresh
  577. Zandro
  578. ZanZero
  579. ZarroTsu
  580. ZeldaMaster
  581. ZelDan
  582. ZestyÑ
  583. zferolie
  584. zmero_
  585. Zulyar
  586. Zuppo
Can I be added to this list too? :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Those reveals weren't highly expensive CGI trailers, the stakes are different here. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just think that it's highly unlikely. Ken, an echo fighter of an existing playable character with no link to Pokemon being in a CGI trailer at least.
Of course they were highly expensive CGI trailers, they were the reveal trailers of the past two games.

Plus I didn't say it'd be Ken and Incineroar, that's just the most common theory. I also think it'd be weird for Ken to be in a CGI trailer, it really only made sense for Richter.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Again, I'm just curious what the insiders know that makes them so confident. If the goal is to pander to Nintendo, decrying the leak as fake only really helps if it is actually fake. If it is real, all they seem to be accomplishing is hurting their reputation among readers. Seems much safer to treat it like any other leak and leave it at "Who knows?" instead of pointlessly taking a side.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

One thing I've teased in my mind since the start of the leak (and yes I've been here in the sidelines, very exciting times for us adepts!) is possibly a grand trailer that'll tie into Spirits Mode of some kind. Like if it's some kind of Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary, it'll start off with some kind of cutscene that features Isaac, Mach Rider and Chorus Men separately or the others crashing the other's fight in some way. Then afterwards, they stop fighting amongst each other when the antagonist of Spirits shows up and various other Nintendo heroes in the cutscene decide to lead the charge, then shows off more of them in the Spirits Mode.

That's a possible scenario I've thought about when regarding multiple newcomer reveals all at once.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Of course they were highly expensive CGI trailers, they were the reveal trailers of the past two games.

Plus I didn't say it'd be Ken and Incineroar, that's just the most common theory. I also think it'd be weird for Ken to be in a CGI trailer, it really only made sense for Richter.
My bad, I assumed you were talking about Smash Brawl reveals, since they were done with in game footage.

Top Bottom