• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Indeed the use of Sap and Mud is very clever, and could lead to some very trollish moments.
I thought so, and also having them on a cooldown would prevent spamming. Making them fun to use while not overly frustrating to the opponent.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Hot take: What if the reason Isaac's assist trophy hasn't been shown off yet is because he has none to show off?

It'd at least explain why he hasn't been shown off with Lyn/Ashley/Waluigi etc. the other popular characters in both of the returning assist segments, not even with Gray Fox.

If we think about it, no Brawl assist has yet to return aside from Gray Fox, who's a package deal with Snake anyways. Why would some assists like Barbara the Bay be held off for so long, maybe there just aren't any Brawl assists set to return in general.

This of course contradicts with my thought process of Isaac being an assist if he's not playable cause him being absent makes no sense, but I also feel if he's an assist, he should have been shown off with the other popular assists. I'm team playable so I don't care to see him being a forever tease as an assist anyways in the case of him being absent from the base game, I'll hold out for DLC.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I don't remember seeing a sword with a counter. Don't you usually find them in shops?
Unfortunately no. You'd have to go find the sword w/out a counter in the Lost Woods beneath some ancient temple. But you're out of luck there as I heard the Champion already wields it. :p

Edit: oh wait, I misunderstood your comment. My bad.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
If they end showing Isaac or Skull Kid as AT after all this time waiting and not showing them (when they could)... that would make people very upset, I don't know if that could go with the "I don't want to troll people" Sakurai said...

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they end showing Isaac or Skull Kid as AT after all this time waiting and not showing them (when they could)... that would make people very upset, I don't know if that could go with the "I don't want to troll people" Sakurai said...
look: Ridley's Shadow in last game

Let's face it, they simply can't show everything in the game at once and I doubt Sakurai puts much weight to the order of reveals. He can reveal Isaac as an assist next week and he wouldn't be responsible from the negative reaction because he never promised he'll be playable.

This comes from a guy that would like to play as Isaac, btw.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
so playable or left out entirely again? welp
Well it is kinda something Sakurai does. He says he wanted Geno in since Brawl and he's been left out entirely as both assist and playable. He stated Mewtwo is popular and got tons of requests but mentions he couldn't add him into the base game with Smash 4, so... he was left out completely. Until Sakurai actually comes out and talks about characters, we never know his thought processes or why he leaves characters out. Even popular/requested characters have been left out completely if Sakurai can't get around to representing them as playable.

Either way there's tons of supported characters on here like BWD, Elma, Shantae that are rooting for playability and if they're not in base as assist trophies, they'll always have that shot in DLC (like my hope for Elma). And I just want Isaac playable, that trumps everything, his assist is just something I acknowledge as a possibility since the asset exists and could be a simple port to appease the fan base. Though its not as if Isaac won't be constantly asked for anyways.

osby osby To be fair, Sakuri has shown off plenty of the popular assists that people were behind as playable in the E3/August Smash segments. Assists that were held off with notable popularity (Dark Samus/Isabelle) have indeed been upgraded to playable. It's no coincidence that Sakurai has the ballot, and all the assists, both returning and new, happened to deconfirm some big favorites already. Like off the top of my head for popular speculated assists still yet to be confirmed Isaac, Skull Kid, and Shadow come to mind. And Isaac's clearly not going to be a boss so he's not being held off to be revealed for the new mode, so made into a more advanced assist or playable (or no assist, covering all the bases).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well it is kinda something Sakurai does. He says he wanted Geno in since Brawl and he's been left out entirely as both assist and playable. He stated Mewtwo is popular and got tons of requests but mentions he couldn't add him into the base game with Smash 4, so... he was left out completely. Until Sakurai actually comes out and talks about characters, we never know his thought processes or why he leaves characters out. Even popular/requested characters have been left out completely if Sakurai can't get around to representing them as playable.

Either way there's tons of supported characters on here like BWD, Elma, Shantae that are rooting for playability and if they're not in base as assist trophies, they'll always have that shot in DLC (like my hope for Elma). And I just want Isaac playable, that trumps everything, his assist is just something I acknowledge as a possibility since the asset exists and could be a simple port to appease the fan base. Though its not as if Isaac won't be constantly asked for anyways.
Wii to Switch is not a simple port.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Wii to Switch is not a simple port.
That honestly just fits in with currently no Brawl assists being shown off (or existing aside from Gray Fox who did get the port from Brawl to join Snake).

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
For Isaac, keeping the earth theme makes him different from the rest. We have plenty of fire users, Greninja, ICs, and Squirtle for water, and Ridley, Charizard, Robin, Metaknight, with Wind moves.

Isaac stands out for his rocks and sand alone. Though heavy characters have Quakes and there is Ivysaur (who has no poison moves).

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
look: Ridley's Shadow in last game

Let's face it, they simply can't show everything in the game at once and I doubt Sakurai puts much weight to the order of reveals. He can reveal Isaac as an assist next week and he wouldn't be responsible from the negative reaction because he never promised he'll be playable.

This comes from a guy that would like to play as Isaac, btw.
This is something I have been concerned with as well. While it may look like Sakurai is trying to be transparent and deconfirm characters quickly, it is likely because the time between the game's reveal and release is shorter than any other smash game so far (this gives him less time to drag out reveals and deconfirmations). Even then, Sakurai still paces out reveals and deconfirmations, as it makes no sense to reveal everyone that is playable or everyone that is not playable right away.

I am certain when we get the last smash direct there will be at least one character (that has some supporters) deconfirmed (as an assist trophy, boss, or whatever). Waluigi was deconfirmed at E3, Ashley was deconfirmed at August Smash Direct, and someone will be deconfirmed in the next smash direct. All we can do is hope it is not Isaac.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Anybody also getting burned out on all the youtubers with the 4chan leaks? I’m seriously wondering why i believe them at all. All leaks are fake right?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Anybody also getting burned out on all the youtubers with the 4chan leaks? I’m seriously wondering why i believe them at all. All leaks are fake right?
Yeah, you shouldn't believe any of these supposed "leaks", only trust the words that come from Nintendo themselves.
Don't worry about them. :)

And also, hi guys! How're you all doing? :D

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Co
His own helmet would have been perfect. Dunno why they went with a generic gear. I mean I guess with MM11 it makes more sense...

A Met wouldn’t have made much sense TBH. I mean Mario’s logo isn’t a Goomba.
Could have used his buster gun even.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
No news? Looks like tomorrow or bust.
KoopaSaki KoopaSaki the devs literally said a 4th game was up to fan demand. For them to not opt into smash would be them committing suicide

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Nazyrus Nazyrus

You're render is perfection. I can't even imagine something more fitting for Vlad. Which isn't that great because if Vlad makes it in the roster, there's a high risk that I would be disappointed.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you shouldn't believe any of these supposed "leaks", only trust the words that come from Nintendo themselves.
Don't worry about them. :)

And also, hi guys! How're you all doing? :D
Good! Here from the Skull Kid support thread to say hi and show support! Given a Sun and Moon theme between the two of them I'm hoping for both to be playable (Skull Kid's my most wanted and I've never played Golden Sun but Isaac seems a cool character in his own right).

Also have you guys seen the news about there being a special thing this week in Quebec, that people think may be a Direct? I can link that here if it hasn't been posted here yet.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Good! Here from the Skull Kid support thread to say hi and show support! Given a Sun and Moon theme between the two of them I'm hoping for both to be playable (Skull Kid's my most wanted and I've never played Golden Sun but Isaac seems a cool character in his own right).

Also have you guys seen the news about there being a special thing this week in Quebec, that people think may be a Direct? I can link that here if it hasn't been posted here yet.
Great to know! :)

And, I've heard of that. I haven't taken much note of it though, probably should look into it a little bit more. :/

Glad some of you liked the thing I made! It was under just one hour last night to kill time before going to bed, I really wasn't even trying to do it right tbh. I figured the best way to get objective critiques on details and such was to make it pass as a fake leak on 4chan lol and surprisingly enough a lot of people liked it even knowing it was already fake, which makes me happy. I just hate the existing Isaac ones with weird faces… not to mention they are pretty outdated now that we have something as detailed, good looking and polished quality as Ultimate's renders. Again this is something I just did for fun and try to beat those existing Isaac ones, and I was falling asleep like crazy half way through haha. Glad some of you liked it tho! I just want the real deal to be delivered to us already… I can't wait damnit.

http://images2.imagebam.com/8e/18/50/2a51a21002010884.png
http://images2.imagebam.com/78/40/df/0ad4201002010684.png

I used parts of 3 characters to make it, I will let you guys have fun guessing who are those 3, obviously Cloud is an easy guess, so you got 2 more to guess lol.

Anyways, hoping we get an announcement already or something… the wait is terrible.

edit: had to put the picts as links, for some reason I keep getting " missing picture icons " when I try to attach the pictures here directly, I don't know what's wrong with this website lol.
Whoa, that render is perfection! Great job man!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask but what are the best Djinn/class setups for The Lost Age? I just got everyone.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Hey, thanks man! I'm personally hoping a Sun and Moon theme happens as well. It would make sense to do it in October, and then show off the Gen 7 Pokemon (because of Sun and Moon) in November after. But I guess we'll see.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
This is something I have been concerned with as well. While it may look like Sakurai is trying to be transparent and deconfirm characters quickly, it is likely because the time between the game's reveal and release is shorter than any other smash game so far (this gives him less time to drag out reveals and deconfirmations). Even then, Sakurai still paces out reveals and deconfirmations, as it makes no sense to reveal everyone that is playable or everyone that is not playable right away.

I am certain when we get the last smash direct there will be at least one character (that has some supporters) deconfirmed (as an assist trophy, boss, or whatever). Waluigi was deconfirmed at E3, Ashley was deconfirmed at August Smash Direct, and someone will be deconfirmed in the next smash direct. All we can do is hope it is not Isaac.
For that deconfirm? My bets on shantae. Unfortunately. Shovel knights an assist, and he had way more ballot pessence than her. If Isaac was an assist I very firmly believe he’d have been revealed already, early as waluigi, in fact. Just because I have a strong suspicion that Isaac’s ballot presence was somewhere above waluigi, but below K rool. He’d be a higher priority.

As for whether or not he does be a priority? Well, yes. Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Krystal are assists mostly on the grounds of the ballot, especially so on shovel knights case. You’d have a hard time convincing me otherwise. You don’t need to dig very hard to find that Isaac had stronger support then those 3. So if the ballot justify assist status for those characters, then how wouldn’t it also so the same for Isaac? Unless you know, he scored high enough to make him into a playable character. :p

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Just a heads up regarding the special event in Canada. I wouldn’t get too excited. There may be another reason for this.

I’ve been thinking, why a random bar in Canada for a random showcase?

Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe are based in Canada. Granted they’re based in London, not Quebec, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

They might be showing off some Nintendo specific things you can get in game. But we shall see.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
For that deconfirm? My bets on shantae. Unfortunately. Shovel knights an assist, and he had way more ballot pessence than her. If Isaac was an assist I very firmly believe he’d have been revealed already, early as waluigi, in fact. Just because I have a strong suspicion that Isaac’s ballot presence was somewhere above waluigi, but below K rool. He’d be a higher priority.

As for whether or not he does be a priority? Well, yes. Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Krystal are assists mostly on the grounds of the ballot, especially so on shovel knights case. You’d have a hard time convincing me otherwise. You don’t need to dig very hard to find that Isaac had stronger support then those 3. So if the ballot justify assist status for those characters, then how wouldn’t it also so the same for Isaac? Unless you know, he scored high enough to make him into a playable character. :p
There's also some assists that Sakurai can easily leave alone for reveals closer to release and no one will really bat much of an eye or cause an uproar like Waluigi. The kid Icarus assist trophies, Infantry&Tanks, Barbara the Bat, Nightmare, Prince Sable?

No one's really claiming playability for these characters just because Sakurai's held off on revealing their assist for so long. Isaac's been a popular speculated newcomer since Brawl, naturally him not being shown off makes people anxious and think he could be playable with the way Ultimate's roster has been handled so far. When you look over the list of unconfirmed assists, pretty much Sakurai has deconfirmed a good majority of the popular ones anyways.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Just a heads up regarding the special event in Canada. I wouldn’t get too excited. There may be another reason for this.

I’ve been thinking, why a random bar in Canada for a random showcase?

Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe are based in Canada. Granted they’re based in London, not Quebec, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

They might be showing off some Nintendo specific things you can get in game. But we shall see.
Ubisoft is also situated in Montreal, maybe they're announcing dlc for the starlink game that came out today

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I really hope we get an announcement tomorrow for a direct on Thursday. I'm kinda glad they didn't say anything today so I can actually study for my Lab Practical tomorrow.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think Isaac should have to represent Golden Sun, let’s just have Isaac represent... Isaac. Isaac is a Venus Adept.

Plus, having a character that’s solely a geomancer is more unique and eye-catching than a generic ‘fight with all four elements’ guy. And there’s the overlap with Robin that I want to avoid.
Plus alot of fighters already have at least 1 fire move in their arsenal. And a few water users. We want him to stand apart from the rest of the roster.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Things that are Canadian: politeness, mountains, lumber, maple, sap, trees, leaves

Isaac confirmed!
Don't forget Poutines, we have those here too. :D

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Let's petition to replace judgement with poutine, a new 4 Venus djinn summon where the judgement guy drops cheese and pours gravy on the enemy
Large lumps of cheese and fries with boiling gravy should not be underestimated!

Isaac shall judge them all with the power of Psynergy and Poutines!

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Ubisoft is also situated in Montreal, maybe they're announcing dlc for the starlink game that came out today
Yeah let me put my pants back on to contain my hype for the Starlink DLC. Definitely something I'd want to go watch together with a bunch of people in a barcade. I hope they announce Krystal >.>'

Furry jokes aside, it's gotta be Smash. What else could it be?

If it were Pokemon or Arms competition or something, they would have announced it already. Nintendo wasn't advertising external watch parties for the last general direct, nor does some Yoshi or Fire Emblem footage merit it. Even a new Mario or Zelda game, which would be unthinkable at this point right now in the year and console life, would have what to show that you would want to watch with other people? A teaser trailer? I don't go out for the night for five minutes of teaser trailers. Even a larger breakdown direct of another anticipated game, say Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3, might be conceivable, but just wouldn't have the level of community hype to merit it.

Again, the ESRB leak happened 45 days before Smash 3DS's NA release. That's Oct 24, 2018, for Smash Ultimate's release.

This is it, this is _everything_. This is Spirits mode and all the characters in the base roster like Sakurai promised we'd know. Possibly a demo (as there'd be more of a reason to be at the arcade). This is going to be a big deal.

I've convinced myself pretty heavily. Feel free to come laugh in my face if we don't get an announcement by tomorrow night.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I am curious. If there is one character that could get in over Isaac that would shock you who would it be? If you saw this character get in, you'd be scratching your head wondering how they got in and Isaac didn't due to his ballot presence and popularity. I want to see where you guys stand on what would be more shocking of a character to make it in instead of the Golden Boy. (Ex: Oh wow Chi-Bi Robo got in and Isaac didn't...huh?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom