• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@NessAtc. pointed out to me that Shulk's blog post deconfirms the "multiple Djinn Isaac" moveset.
View attachment 170040

I honestly think this references specifically stats, and everyone who wants or talks about Isaac being able to "equip" multiple Djinns (like myself since 2014 when I made a moveset for Isaac for Smash 4) actually refers to changing his attacks specifically when he switches his Djinn.

Changing stats is already Shulk's thing and would just take away from Shulk's uniqueness and make Isaac look like a copy.

My issue is that it sounds really gimmicky.

That doesn't sound like a fun character to play, no matter how unique that sounds.
So you find Pokemon Trainer unfun? Because theoretically it would work similarly to that, but only changing a small subset of moves as opposed to all of them and not changing any stats or physical appearance.

Actually I just realized the blog post is "technically" wrong. While Shulk is the only character to change his stats "roleplay-wise", Pokemon Trainer also changes his stats "mechanic-wise" (as in Shulk is the only character to stay himself and change stats, but Pokemon Trainer, if you look at it as 1 set of *cough* functions *cough* instead of 3 characters, also changes his stats).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know I'm supposed to be taking a hiatus from Smashboards since there's not really much to discuss in this slow news month, but I just wanted to come back for a brief moment to give massive kudos to Nazyrus Nazyrus for making that amazing looking Isaac render! Really impressive, and you put in a lot of effort to make it look as good as possible!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I honestly think this references specifically stats, and everyone who wants or talks about Isaac being able to "equip" multiple Djinns (like myself since 2014 when I made a moveset for Isaac for Smash 4) actually refers to changing his attacks specifically when he switches his Djinn.

Changing stats is already Shulk's thing and would just take away from Shulk's uniqueness and make Isaac look like a copy.

So you find Pokemon Trainer unfun? Because theoretically it would work similarly to that, but only changing a small subset of moves as opposed to all of them and not changing any stats or physical appearance.

Actually I just realized the blog post is "technically" wrong. While Shulk is the only character to change his stats "roleplay-wise", Pokemon Trainer also changes his stats "mechanic-wise" (as in Shulk is the only character to stay himself and change stats, but Pokemon Trainer, if you look at it as 1 set of *cough* functions *cough* instead of 3 characters, also changes his stats).
I liked him better as charizard.

And that just sounds like a worse version of Mega man's random ass attacks. And I ****ing hate how he plays.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I liked him better as charizard.

And that just sounds like a worse version of Mega man's random *** attacks. And I ****ing hate how he plays.
Megaman doesn’t change his attacks so IDK what you mean.

If you’re referring to the fact that Megaman uses different kinds of elements in his attacks IDK why that would be something that bothers you.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Megaman doesn’t change his attacks so IDK what you mean.

If you’re referring to the fact that Megaman uses different kinds of elements in his attacks IDK why that would be something that bothers you.
Can I just have Venus Isaac? It's way less complicated and more fun that way.

K thx.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, I was always kind of iffy on the whole multiple class stuff with Isaac. Just have a moveset with largely venus psynergy and some sword stuff (for the love of god no friggin counter please).

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Can I just have Venus Isaac? It's way less complicated and more fun that way.

K thx.
I mean, I myself found the real unique and enticing thing about Golden Sun to be specifically the Djinn/Class system and how the Psynergy works both in combat as well as in the overworld, and would find a “Venus only” Isaac to not represent what I liked about the series.

Like if I were to sell someone on playing Golden Sun I would specifically talk to them about how the Djinn and Class system work and how interesting the Psynergy system is, and I feel like a “Venus only” Isaac would not show the most interesting part of the whole game and would not get as many people interested in it.

I might be crucified for this in this thread, but if Golden Sun had a generic RPG combat and customization and had no overworld psynergy puzzle solving, I would probably not have the love I have for it now and would probably not even remember it much.

Having Isaac not represent any of those things that makes Golden Sun stand out as unique above other JRPGs would be weird to me. But, anyways, I’ll reiterate that that’s just my personal opinion.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, I myself found the real unique and enticing thing about Golden Sun to be specifically the Djinn/Class system and how the Psynergy works both in combat as well as in the overworld, and would find a “Venus only” Isaac to not represent what I liked about the series.

Like if I were to sell someone on playing Golden Sun I would specifically talk to them about how the Djinn and Class system work and how interesting the Psynergy system is, and I feel like a “Venus only” Isaac would not show the most interesting part of the whole game and would not get as many people interested in it.

I might be crucified for this in this thread, but if Golden Sun had a generic RPG combat and customization and had no overworld psynergy puzzle solving, I would probably not have the love I have for it now and would probably not even remember it much.

Having Isaac not represent any of those things that makes Golden Sun stand out as unique above other JRPGs would be weird to me. But, anyways, I’ll reiterate that that’s just my personal opinion.
Uniqueness and accuracy to source material < Fun and a competitive character.

Smash bros kinda disregards source material a lot of the time. So I don't think it really matters.

So meh.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

The different classes in Golden Sun meant nothing to me. Like I said I’m a Purist. Isaac only ever got Venus Djinni. Garet only ever got Mars Djinni. Ivan... etc etc. The only time made use of Djinn swapping is if it was required to solve a puzzle.

The class system isn’t what defines Golden Sun for me. It’s the unique blend of classic RPG affair with puzzle solving and world building. That’s Golden Sun.

You have your opinions and I have mine, and that’s fine....

Except I’m right and you’re wrong, but whatevs :3

But in all seriousness. I can understand the appeal of having the Djinn swapping move set, I’m just not a fan of it myself.

However It would make his kit way more complicated than it needs to be. It’d effectively (if it only altered his specials, except his neutral which would be the switching) give him 12 different special moves if we were to incorporate Mercury, Mars and Jupiter Psynergy into his kit. That’s ****ing insane and would be hard to keep track of not only for the person playing him, but the person on the other end of that match up too. That’s too much.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Much like Kirby utilizes different copy powers simultaneously, and Inklings uses different weapons under one moveset, Isaac would presumably use psynergy that comes from a medley of classes within GS that wouldn't naturally occur together during the game. And that's cool, so long as its primarily Venus. Which I'd imagine to be the case.

Yeah, I was always kind of iffy on the whole multiple class stuff with Isaac. Just have a moveset with largely venus psynergy and some sword stuff (for the love of god no friggin counter please).
Sword moveset... without? counter?

Free thinkers like you are a dangerous bunch. I think it's best you not fill peoples' heads with such ridiculous notions.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I don’t think Isaac should have to represent Golden Sun, let’s just have Isaac represent... Isaac. Isaac is a Venus Adept.

Plus, having a character that’s solely a geomancer is more unique and eye-catching than a generic ‘fight with all four elements’ guy. And there’s the overlap with Robin that I want to avoid.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
*goes on GameFaQs*

Yep, that website's goin' in my entertainment folder.

Also...

Am I the only one here who likes swordfighters with counter?

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
*goes on GameFaQs*

Yep, that website's goin' in my entertainment folder.

Also...

Am I the only one here who likes swordfighters with counter?
Nothing wrong with swordfighters having a counter but it's a very lazy design choice, especially for Golden Sun. You can argue that counters are now a staple of Fire Emblem newcomers, and make sense for Lucario, Shulk, and Bayo based on the characters' lore, but it doesn't really fit with Isaac. I'd like to think that with the sheer amount of psynergy and summons and different attacks he could draw from (unlike with Fire Emblem where the characters' moveset has to be invented from whole cloth mostly), going with a generic counter just seems like a waste of a special move. Why not have Isaac's down B instead throw up an earth pillar that blocks projectiles and can be climbed on? Or cause some kind of localized earthquake that buries opponents? I just made those up off the top of my head in 10 seconds, so I'm sure Sakurai can do even better.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think Isaac should have to represent Golden Sun, let’s just have Isaac represent... Isaac. Isaac is a Venus Adept.

Plus, having a character that’s solely a geomancer is more unique and eye-catching than a generic ‘fight with all four elements’ guy. And there’s the overlap with Robin that I want to avoid.
I agree 100%

Let Isaac simply be Isaac with just Venus Psynergy! There is no reason at all to try to represent Golden Sun in his moveset, his stage and possible replacement assist trophies can better represent Golden Sun as a whole.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I mean it’s not like Shulk represents Xenoblade or Ryu mixes in random moves from other Street Fighter characters. They’re just Shulk and Ryu. Isaac will be Isaac. No doubt about that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
WHile Isaac's psynergy in Smash should mostly be earth based, I wouldn;t be against it if maybe Isaac had one move for each of the oter 3 elements either, or some unique, new spin on them.

I was thinking that one of Isaac's (and Felix's) moves could be Sand, where they hide into the ground and pop out doing an upward slash. Maybe if this move is done in the air instead of ground, and jupiter djinn comes out and propels Isaac/Felix up as they do that same upward slash.

Another move Isaac should have is earthquake. Maybe if the move goes on for a little bt a Mars djinn comes out so that the earthquake becomes more volcnic/magma-y and once Isaac finishes the move there's a hot aftereffect where an enemy where take small, gradual damage if they step on it.

I thought that Isaac could get a down air attack similar to Link's, except a stalactmite forms around Isaac's sword. Maybe instead of being made of rock, a Mercury Djinn makes it made of ice. Or maybe it could alternate between the two and both rock and ice have different effects.

EDIT: This could also be a way that Djinn become a part of Isaac's moveset.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah I mean it’s not like Shulk represents Xenoblade or Ryu mixes in random moves from other Street Fighter characters. They’re just Shulk and Ryu. Isaac will be Isaac. No doubt about that.
Except Ryu was made to have as close to SF physics and combat in Smash 4 as they could get without it feeling jarring and also turns around automatically in Ultimate. He even has his inputs from SF too. He is representing how his game plays.

Most characters in the game represent how their game plays. It’s even the reason counter was made into a move. Captain Falcon with his low traction, high move speed, super aggro playstyle. Ness with all of his special moves representing different PKs he couldn’t use himself. Little Mac with his super armor moves that make it feel like you have to read your opponent correctly just like figuring out the opponent’s patterns in Punch Out!, etc.

However It would make his kit way more complicated than it needs to be. It’d effectively (if it only altered his specials, except his neutral which would be the switching) give him 12 different special moves if we were to incorporate Mercury, Mars and Jupiter Psynergy into his kit. That’s ****ing insane and would be hard to keep track of not only for the person playing him, but the person on the other end of that match up too. That’s too much.
Again, there’s PT. Before Smash 4 there was also Zelda and Samus. Having 8 extra moves isn’t exactly groundbreaking.

I understand everyone having their own likes and dislikes and preferring X over Y, but it’s good to always be objective about the things we can be, such as a character having 8 extra moves being complicated or not.

Uniqueness and accuracy to source material < Fun and a competitive character.

Smash bros kinda disregards source material a lot of the time. So I don't think it really matters.

So meh.
Fun is subjective, and in almost every instance in any game more options is almost always more competitive. So a char with more options (more attacks) will almost always be “more competitive” even if it’s a worse character balance wise.

So your first sentence is not a real statement, as I would find a Djinn/Psynergy Isaac to be both more fun and more competitive than a Venus only one.

Smash Bros disregards source material? It’s one of the games that actually tries to stick to source material. I think you might be confused because Sakurai almost always goes for “feeling like the game” as opposed to “represented narratively as the game” which is exactly the debate we are having.

I would say most characters in Smash tend to be close to the source material in “feeling/mechanics” which sometimes makes them much looser in the “narrative” aspect.

And that is exactly how I would like Isaac to be represented, going more for the “feeling” of the game as opposed to the “narrative” of who Isaac is specifically. I mean even in his own game you could give him any Djinns you wanted so it’s also part of the narrative to be honest.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
While I do agree that Isaac should be as Isaac as possible, and not just a hodgepodge of Golden Sun references, I do not think that he should be exclusively Venus psynergy. After all, the Djinn and class systems are a big part of Golden Sun and Isaac. Having him use some of the abilities that he would have as an Illusionist, or Ninja, or Dragoon, or what have you, certainly have a place in his move set.

I don’t think an entire class switching mechanic is necessary. In fact, I’d prefer he use Venus attacks for nearly all of his moves. After all, there’s plenty to pull from (Quake, Growth, Briar, Gaia, Ragnarok, Curse, Spire). However, I feel that maybe having him use Cutting Edge as a forward smash, or Flare as an up air, or maybe Astral Blast or even Shuriken as a forward air would be incredibly neat, and really round out the character for me. Because personally, when I play through Golden Sun, Isaac is using Jupiter psynergy almost just as much as Venus Psynergy. And I’m sure that most GS fans have a certain class that Isaac usually sits in that they’d like to see represented.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
While I do agree that Isaac should be as Isaac as possible, and not just a hodgepodge of Golden Sun references, I do not think that he should be exclusively Venus psynergy. After all, the Djinn and class systems are a big part of Golden Sun and Isaac. Having him use some of the abilities that he would have as an Illusionist, or Ninja, or Dragoon, or what have you, certainly have a place in his move set.

I don’t think an entire class switching mechanic is necessary. In fact, I’d prefer he use Venus attacks for nearly all of his moves. After all, there’s plenty to pull from (Quake, Growth, Briar, Gaia, Ragnarok, Curse, Spire). However, I feel that maybe having him use Cutting Edge as a forward smash, or Flare as an up air, or maybe Astral Blast or even Shuriken as a forward air would be incredibly neat, and really round out the character for me. Because personally, when I play through Golden Sun, Isaac is using Jupiter psynergy almost just as much as Venus Psynergy. And I’m sure that most GS fans have a certain class that Isaac usually sits in that they’d like to see represented.
I just want to make it clear that I also don’t think he needs a class changing mechanic specifically either. I just want other parts of the game represented and what you mention seems like a good moveset to me.

I do think it is incredibly important to show Overworld/Puzzle Psynergy though. Like I was one of the guys fighting for Isaac back in the Brawl days and the 2 biggest moves I wanted represented were Move (and all hand related Paynergies) and Ice Pillar.

I think Sakurai agrees with me as when he made Isaac into an AT the move that was chosen for him to use was Move which is exactly the one I would have chosen for him.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I just want to make it clear that I also don’t think he needs a class changing mechanic specifically either. I just want other parts of the game represented and what you mention seems like a good moveset to me.

I do think it is incredibly important to show Overworld/Puzzle Psynergy though. Like I was one of the guys fighting for Isaac back in the Brawl days and the 2 biggest moves I wanted represented were Move (and all hand related Paynergies) and Ice Pillar.

I think Sakurai agrees with me as when he made Isaac into an AT the move that was chosen for him to use was Move which is exactly the one I would have chosen for him.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the puzzle synergy! I definitely want that represented too. I always thought Retreat as a recovery, and move/catch/pound and all that for his grabs and throws would be the way to go. Ice pillar in there too would be really cool. Maybe a down/up smash?

Also just to throw it out there, I don’t like Move for a special attack, even though that’s what a lot of people seem to want. Not that it’s a bad reference or unfitting, I just feel like in execution it would end up either really bad, or really bull****. And I don’t really want Isaac to be either of those things. Using the hand for grabs would be dope enough in my opinion.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the puzzle synergy! I definitely want that represented too. I always thought Retreat as a recovery, and move/catch/pound and all that for his grabs and throws would be the way to go. Ice pillar in there too would be really cool. Maybe a down/up smash?

Also just to throw it out there, I don’t like Move for a special attack, even though that’s what a lot of people seem to want. Not that it’s a bad reference or unfitting, I just feel like in execution it would end up either really bad, or really bull****. And I don’t really want Isaac to be either of those things. Using the hand for grabs would be dope enough in my opinion.
If I were to make Isaac’s moveset I’d have the Giant Hand be a special move command grab (probably side-b) and have every throw after the grab represent one of the hand moves. Sort of what you mentioned yourself. Then have it be F-Throw for Move, Up-Throw maybe Scoop?, D-Throw Pound, IDK for B-Throw. The Grab itself could be Catch.

I guess it doesn’t need to be a “command grab” it could just be his regular grab (only then it would leave him with a “slow” grab as his only grab which is never good for any character).

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Meh. Nobody will really come out with a changed mind in this. So let's agree to disagree.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
What if his Up+B was the Venus Summon, where the updrafts caused by it can raise the player?
This

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
2. Sakurai’s Rathalos tweet. I don’t care what anyone else says. That was a shout-out to Golden Sun. And the tweet came from someone that doesn’t tweet out frivolous things because he doesn’t want people to take what he posts out of context... sooo... that’s a pretty big point in favor of Isaac.
this article about why Sakurai doesnt tweet has an interesting statement
(https://www.thegamer.com/masahiro-sakurai-smash-bros-twitter/)

Specifically this part
“I can’t carelessly tweet, so my tweets are very brief. I have to speak in a way so there’s no misunderstanding…,” Sakurai stated in an interview. “There are a lot of fanboys, so there are a lot of strange requests and questions, but really, I’m just a person who makes video games.” -Sakurai
This remains to be the thing that convinces me the most, he clearly knows he has to be responsible with the things he shares, especially now, or he might cause something like a Waluigi outrage aha...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sword moveset... without? counter?

Free thinkers like you are a dangerous bunch. I think it's best you not fill peoples' heads with such ridiculous notions.
I have a... "counter" to your claim.
:ultmetaknight: and :ultrobin.

And with that, I away!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
i'd stay away from gamefaqs. pretty sure they hate us.
All the more reason to pop in and politely suggest Isaac may be DLC then sit back and watch them burn themselves down for no explicable reason. No hostility needed.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey all! I'm back from my four day break! What did I miss? There have been way too many posts since I last checked so I have missed a ton!

All the more reason to pop in and politely suggest Isaac may be DLC then sit back and watch them burn themselves down for no explicable reason. No hostility needed.
Lol make them have a meltdown? Sounds like fun! Count me in

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
You know what makes me feel really old/out of touch? When people here mention which Youtuber/Twitch streamer said what, lol. I'm not old by any means but I never really got into the streamer stuff. Maybe if I was able to watch Youtube/Twitch at work I would keep up more, but as it stands when I DO have some time to myself, I prefer to play games for myself rather than watch other people play them.

This isn't to hate on anyone that likes streamers and Youtube personalities. To the contrary I think they're just another way the industry has changed and clearly they mean a lot to a lot of people. For me personally I just have trouble believing when people say "Wow, Streamer X gave a shoutout to Golden Sun, and Youtuber Y is doing a Let's Play right now! This is going to bring so many people onboard!" that it's actually meaningful. But I think I underestimate the wide reach a lot of these personalities have just because I don't really keep up with them.

So I guess I'm just trying to ask: is it ACTUALLY a big deal when this kind of stuff happens? I guess if someone has millions of subscribers that they do have the power to influence the fate of smaller/more obscure games.
Some do have over a million sibscribers, but even ones with 100k to 500k subscribers get alot more views than just their fanbase.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Considering there has been no sign of a Nintendo Direct yet, there's only two more realistic dates for October. They are the 18th and the 23rd.

Hmm...I think it really will be a case of there will be only be a Smash direct in November and it will be similar to what we had in August.

Reeling back the expectations! 2-3 Uniques and 2-3 Echoes (5 at most). Most likely 2 Uniques, 3 Echoes.

Come on Isaac you beautiful man!

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Hey all! I'm back from my four day break! What did I miss? There have been way too many posts since I last checked so I have missed a ton!
Fresh from the oven.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77101355

Let's see what's all this about, maybe smash related or not. Some people say that if it's smash related we could get in the next hours/tomorrow a Direct or at least its announcement and a demo in that bar.

Fingers crossed, I just want news asap...

Last edited:

aztimh

Smash Rookie
I just love the amount of moveset potential Isaac has even with just Venus Psynergy (though a reference to his alternate classes wouldn’t be amiss) and Djinn.

I lost my original ideas I posted in the fighter ballot so here’s some new thoughts:

Neutral Special: Ragnarok. Summons a giant sword that explodes with Venus Psynergy. Chargeable. Odyssey when fully charged (better knockback trajectory and damage). Or alternatively it could be that it is Ragnarok/Odyssey based on set Djinn. If you unleash them Isaac can no longer use Odyssey until they are set again giving players a strategic choice of stronger psynergy or summons.

Forward special: Unleash Djinn. Sends forth a Djinni with varying effects: Flint (damage & knockback), Sap (50% heal for damage), Vine (slows enemy movement), Bane (poison damage over time). Holding B while Shielding will set standby Djinn back to Isaac.

Down Special: Summon: greater strength attack with more Djinn on standby. Venus/Ramses/Cybele. Djinn will recover over time or faster if Isaac holds B while shielding. When Isaac has no standby Djinn: Garet, Ivan or Mia do a basic Mars/Jupiter/Mercury summon appearing in the background like Pokémon Trainer.

Up special: Wild Growth/Bamboo. Forms below Isaac raising him up for a brief time. Causes damage to opponents. Or alternatively Retreat/Teleport.

Shield: Granite Djinn appears aesthetically.

Grab: as others have said it should be the psynergy hand (specifically Catch). With plenty of options for different directions: Lift/Carry/Scoop for up, Pound for down, Move/Force for forward and Lash for back.

Jab: a sword combo of some kind (coz he’s gotta use it some time )

Dash: standard attack jumping animation.

Up tilt: Thorn/Briar

Forward tilt: Cutting Edge. Like Cloud’s blade beam only blue, smaller and causes no (Mercury Djinn aesthetic to indicate class change).

Down tilt: Quake.

Neutral Aerial: Nettle. Nettles form around Isaac.

Up Aerial: an uppercut attack.

Down Aerial: Planet Driver. (Mars Djinn aesthetic to indicate class change)

Forward Aerial: Astral Blast. (Jupiter Djinn aesthetic to indicate class change)

Forward Smash: Gaia Sword: a strong sword swing. Charge up for a critical hit and a chance to let out a howl and unleash Titan Blade!

Up smash: Gaia/Mother Gaia rocks launch foes upward.

Down Smash: Clay Spire. Spires fall both sides of Isaac.

Final Smash: Judgement. After use Djinn are set to Isaac.

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Fresh from the oven.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77101355

Let's see what's all this about, maybe smash related or not. Some people say that if it's smash related we could get in the next hours/tomorrow a Direct or at least its announcement and a demo in that bar.

Fingers crossed, I just want news asap...
How suspicious.

And nobody will know what the game is until the day before? Of course, it could be anything, but still, this is something that's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good ol internet, always there to cut through pesky jokes with mirthless logic like a sword without a counter. :p
I don't remember seeing a sword with a counter. Don't you usually find them in shops?

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I say forgo entirely a djinn system for smash, and just give him moves from all his classes, with specials focusing on the squire line.

Neutral air can be flare wall/oil drop

Down tilt can be punji trap/bramble

Up air can be growth

Down air can be Planetary ect

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Speaking of moveset here is one i came up with.

-Vlad: From the moves I translated he seems to be a melee/mid range fighter with a lot of zoning abilities.

His moves are:
-Tremblement: A powerfull quake that repells the opponent and bouces them upward, doesn't work while in the air.

-Déplacer: Push the opponent and items away from you without inflicting damages, deflects projectiles.

-Giga-séisme: A mighty tremor bouncing and damaging everyone around you, with less reach, doesn't work while in the air.

-Epieu d'argile: Summon two steps made of earthen spire to leap upward, they are propelled downward after you step on them, inflicting damage.

-Sable: Turn yourself into sand to move freely on the battlefield in an instant.-Avalanche: Summon a giant rock to leap from in order to gain height, the rock shatters on impact and buries opponents.

Croissance: Call forth vines that will grab the opponent and pull it toward you with great range.

Lance: Call forth a bamboo spear that will pierce through the opponent defences from range.

Ronce: Call forth sharpened briar to drill through your opponent from close range.

Lier Silex: Set Silex to increase your power momenteraly, increasing the knockback of all your attacks. X seconds cooldown

Lier Granit: Set Granit to increase your defences, making your shield reflect projectiles for a short period of time. X seconds cooldown

Lier Echo: Set Echo to grant an additional hit on your fully charged smash attacks, at the cost of diminishing their base power. X seconds cooldown
I focused on the specials mainly, and as you guessed I assume we'll get customizable movesets again.

Top Bottom