• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Do like the F-Zero Medley and make it every Golden Sun track. (No lie that sounds great, especially if it's got that anime OP style the F-Zero Medley has...)

Today's blog post is Shulk! (Sorry, Billy...)
Yep, my video aged wonderfully :p

I have only done one Smashified back in 2015 but I think I've gotten a bit better at it, I would genuinely want to try a full body one and properly done if he doesn't get revealed for base roster or something, but of course I rather hope for his inclusion and a proper official render by Sakurai's team lmao.

Edit: just to not double post, I just watched Billybae10K Billybae10K 's video! Man I gotta say I didn't expect someone would get on my fake leak while i was sleeping for just a few hours haha. I really like your opinion dude! It really was a constructive critique that I certainly looked for and it's awesome I got it from you. I tried to make the hair color look more darker blonde, but if it still needs a fix on it let me know! I want to make it better for ya :)

http://images2.imagebam.com/d4/16/f2/13060e1002105284.png
Dang, that hair colour change really does wonders for the whole render. Way more accurate in colour now, brilliant job on the initial render man!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yep, my video aged wonderfully :p

Dang, that hair colour change really does wonders for the whole render. Way more accurate in colour now, brilliant job on the initial render man!
I was shocked that when you mentioned on your video the comparison of the render to isaac's actual portrait in the original game… I wasn't even going for that AT ALL haha I only used Corrin's head base, marth's eyes, cloud's ear and parts of hair, modified all of those parts here and there… + some clothing parts of corrin and marth's sword… It's hilarious it actually turned out to be like really close to his portrait from his original game, I totally wasn't thinking about that when making it :laugh:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I was shocked that when you mentioned on your video the comparison of the render to isaac's actual portrait in the original game… I wasn't even going for that AT ALL haha I only used Corrin's head base, marth's eyes, cloud's ear and parts of hair, modified all of those parts here and there… + some clothing parts of corrin and marth's sword… It's hilarious it actually turned out to be like really close to his portrait from his original game, I totally wasn't thinking about that when making it :laugh:
I actually had the same thought that you were going for his portrait look. Hope that when you do make a full render, Isaac's look is akin to the Golden Sun box art.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's too bad because it really is a nice render. Way better than the one in that fake Agnes leak.

Geno being cut off is hilarious to me though.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's too bad because it really is a nice render. Way better than the one in that fake Agnes leak.

Geno being cut off is hilarious to me though.
I was actually thinking in making a Geno one but i didn't see the point as people would still doubt it because of isaac and it wasn't even my goal to make it believable but rather to see critiques on the aspects i needed to get better at. Geno is almost guaranteed to get in Ultimate anyway lol.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
you sure fooled me with the leak you did a really good job! mind if i make it my part of my icon for a while?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this was posted but this render of Isaac is pretty sweet, Even though it's most likely fake.

If it's not the Dark Dawn symbol, what would be the franchise symbol be? The GS letters?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If it's not the Dark Dawn symbol, what would be the franchise symbol be? The GS letters?
That's actually something I keep wondering. The sun behind the title of the first logo is super meh and boring, looks like a regular preschool sun. The second logo, being for Lost Age, is a super heavily detailed wheel or something, I doubt that works for a logo tbh… That's why I prefer DD's logo, it's not heavily detailed but it's not boring either. I don't know if there is a better idea honestly, i'm open to suggestions lol

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
It just has to be a sun of some kind, nothing else really makes as much sense for the series logo

Maybe Sakurai will make his own updated version of the gs logo

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah that's a good point. Dark Dawn was the first installment to have something clearly defined for the franchises logo. They could always use the sun from The Broken Seal's logo but it looks kinda bland really.

Or maybe they could use the Venus Dijin as the logo? It would be unorthodox but i'd like it.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say, but N3ON N3ON might be right.
Star Fox racing has been heavily rumored.
And Mario Kart 9? Yeah, they would have Mario Kart's team just continuously making mario kart games because Nintendo just does it for money. And only money.

At this point, I'm just tired of this Mario kart series. I never thought I'd ask for a popular franchise to take a break, but GDI take a ****ing break.

Edit: In fact, Take a 13 year break. See how the ****ing Mario Kart fans like it.
I only find them tolerable, my wife likes them because she is not coordinated enough to play stuff like F-Zero. But I only ever buy them when they get to the cheapy end of the shelf for $10-$15 or less.

Edit: can't spell for ****

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Honestly I don't have a problem with Isaac's icon being the Dark Dawn sun. Even though it didn't originate from the first Golden Sun, I've always felt it more or less became the franchise's logo as time went on. I think it works well. After all it's a sun lol, and I really don't see Isaac's icon being anything but that. It's definitely better than say, Mega Man's icon being a gear or Cloud's just being "FF."

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm surprised that people who make these fake leaks of Isaac don't even try to alter the DD symbol as its a really good and recognizable one. Like maybe take out the "shadow" part and bam!

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm surprised that people who make these fake leaks of Isaac don't even try to alter the DD symbol as its a really good and recognizable one. Like maybe take out the "shadow" part and bam!
If you mean something like this I kinda have to agree, it doesn't look bad at all

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If you mean something like this I kinda have to agree, it doesn't look bad at all
Yeah, something like that. Maybe detailed a bit. I don't know. Maybe similar to your profile pic?

Edit: I would also like to see you make a Felix render! That department is severely lacking. lol

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't have a problem with Isaac's icon being the Dark Dawn sun. Even though it didn't originate from the first Golden Sun, I've always felt it more or less became the franchise's logo as time went on. I think it works well. After all it's a sun lol, and I really don't see Isaac's icon being anything but that. It's definitely better than say, Mega Man's icon being a gear or Cloud's just being "FF."
I always kinda thought Mega Man's icon should have been the Met helmet.

https://i.imgur.com/i8sYx18.jpg

Though I guess Mega Man's own helmet would have worked too.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Glad some of you liked the thing I made! It was under just one hour last night to kill time before going to bed, I really wasn't even trying to do it right tbh. I figured the best way to get objective critiques on details and such was to make it pass as a fake leak on 4chan lol and surprisingly enough a lot of people liked it even knowing it was already fake, which makes me happy. I just hate the existing Isaac ones with weird faces… not to mention they are pretty outdated now that we have something as detailed, good looking and polished quality as Ultimate's renders. Again this is something I just did for fun and try to beat those existing Isaac ones, and I was falling asleep like crazy half way through haha. Glad some of you liked it tho! I just want the real deal to be delivered to us already… I can't wait damnit.

http://images2.imagebam.com/8e/18/50/2a51a21002010884.png
http://images2.imagebam.com/78/40/df/0ad4201002010684.png

I used parts of 3 characters to make it, I will let you guys have fun guessing who are those 3, obviously Cloud is an easy guess, so you got 2 more to guess lol.

Anyways, hoping we get an announcement already or something… the wait is terrible.

edit: had to put the picts as links, for some reason I keep getting " missing picture icons " when I try to attach the pictures here directly, I don't know what's wrong with this website lol.
I'm totally ready to be deemed the thirsty one, but boy is Isaac quite Mr. Handsome in this render!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Oh my, looks like Tempest has the vapors!

But honestly that render looked amazing. The only downside was his hair color. Man, if you had nailed that and kept quiet I bet this could have stirred up quite a discussion.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
His own helmet would have been perfect. Dunno why they went with a generic gear. I mean I guess with MM11 it makes more sense...

A Met wouldn’t have made much sense TBH. I mean Mario’s logo isn’t a Goomba.
Mets are treated as mascots for the series in a way Goombas aren't. They show up on the Mega Man X password screen for one thing. The helmet itself is an iconic fixture in the series, and outside of Mega Man's helmet itself, there aren't really a ton of options. So it was the only thing that sprang to mind.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
His own helmet would have been perfect. Dunno why they went with a generic gear. I mean I guess with MM11 it makes more sense...

A Met wouldn’t have made much sense TBH. I mean Mario’s logo isn’t a Goomba.
The reason is because Cogs were used to represent the Mega man series...in Japan.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Oh hey Halloween is on a Wednesday that means the direct is on the 31st and skull kid is confirmed whew :seuss: <--the hat is made of tinfoil btw

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
wait… couldn't it be that maybe the cogs were to promote his Mega man 11 game? … HMMMmmm (i might be slowpoke but i haven't seen anyone mention it)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Nazyrus Nazyrus You've improved a lot since the last time I saw one of your pieces! Kudos on this one. While I can definitely still tell it's fan-made when looking at the full resolution version, the off-screen photo does a decent job masking the tell-tale signs.

Maybe one of these days, we'll get around to redoing our Isaac. Andrew (the one who made our Smashified render) has been pestering me to collab on a redo of Isaac literally for years at this point. =P

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think that Dark Dawn Sun could certainly be the series logo when we DO get Isaac. It's the most recognizable symbol in the series at this point and could easily be the official logo at some point. PushDustIn was really mostly pointing out that the logo used was fan made and has been making the rounds for like 6 years now. To be honest the only thing that needs to change is the "Dark Side" of the logo. Make it the same transparency throughout and you got yourself a recognizable but completely new symbol.

And, hey, huge props Nazyrus Nazyrus . You're the first person to give Isaac an awesome look in 3D. It really fits him, even if it is an amalgamation of multiple already present characters I think this is the best version of Isaac since Brawl. You could've fooled me.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nazyrus Nazyrus You've improved a lot since the last time I saw one of your pieces! Kudos on this one. While I can definitely still tell it's fan-made when looking at the full resolution version, the off-screen photo does a decent job masking the tell-tale signs.

Maybe one of these days, we'll get around to redoing our Isaac. Andrew (the one who made our Smashified render) has been pestering me to collab on a redo of Isaac literally for years at this point. =P
Thanks!. Yeah the reason why I didn't focus too much on making a super well done and detailed full resolution it's because i knew it would do great in small size as it was when i was finishing it, and the goal was to use it in such small size anyway. I just wanted to see what critiques it would get so I could become better at it haha. I really wasn't trying seriously, it was done like under an hour while feeling sleepy and bored :p

I might make one fullbody and with real dedication with my current level if he doesn't get confirmed for the game… altho of course I much rather prefer him to be confirmed and get a proper one made by Nintendo at this point lol.

Omg if you make a new Isaac one I really am looking forward to it! I miss your work guys, lol

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I see... the waiting period is too big :-/
Heh, I'm crazy to still hold out hope for one (or at least something) this month. If not, oh well. I mean, for a Halloween special, Isaac, Skull Kid and Spirits Mode would be a perfect reveal.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
is it just me or is the isaac battle theme just such a good representation of jrpg themes

its as "jrpg battle theme" as you can get lol
Motoi Sakuraba baby. If I got both Isaac and Lloyd since they had the same composer, i would literally tear a bit.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Motoi Sakuraba baby. If I got both Isaac and Lloyd since they had the same composer, i would literally tear a bit.
Ooh, is that where the link between Isaac and Lloyd comes from? I knew that fans of one of them often support the other character (The Lloyd support thread's title even says "Lloyd/Isaac best ship" :p ), but I've never played Tales of Symphonia so I didn't know about the composer being the same one as Golden Sun. That's really cool!

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Ooh, is that where the link between Isaac and Lloyd comes from? I knew that fans of one of them often support the other character (The Lloyd support thread's title even says "Lloyd/Isaac best ship" :p ), but I've never played Tales of Symphonia so I didn't know about the composer being the same one. That's really cool!
"Lloyd/Isaac best ship"
damn it now i gotta visit the lloyd thread

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ooh, is that where the link between Isaac and Lloyd comes from? I knew that fans of one of them often support the other character (The Lloyd support thread's title even says "Lloyd/Isaac best ship" :p ), but I've never played Tales of Symphonia so I didn't know about the composer being the same one as Golden Sun. That's really cool!
oh Yeah, Tales of Symphonia was great (the first one at least, the sequel was garbage imo). The music was great as well, these were the main battle themes:

Both GS and ToS fight themes really made me want to keep fighting a monster just to keep listening to it lol

Top Bottom