• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm going to say something a bit pessimistic here, but I think 103 is actually the final stage count for the game. It kinda sucks that there are only 4 new stages, but so many of the returning stages had to be touched up to Switch standards.

I also don't think Isaac would join WITHOUT getting his own stage, and if anything that makes it more likely that he's DLC. Ditto for Banjo. But even so, I don't think this makes them less likely at all. It's not like DLC characters are any less a part of the roster or some kind of second-class citizens.
Ness and Captain Falcon didn't have stages in 64, Marth and Roy didn't have a stage in Melee, Rob still doesn't have a stage. Not every new franchise gets a stage in the same game they show up in.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the whole "few character slots left" is complete and utter horse****.
I think it's a realistic expectation if you consider a trailer per reveal, and the time left to the release date.
In the very very best of scenarios I could see maybe 5 newcomers, but I cannot see more than 3 without knowing I'm being overly optimistic.

That said, Im all in for eating my own words so hey. Go go go!

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the whole "few character slots left" is complete and utter horse****. Where did Sakurai say that there is a very limited number of slots? All he said was, "...So I hope you're not expecting TOO many fighters." That's VERY vague if you ask me. He even stated that he is using Smash 4 as a basis to cut a lot of Dev time so the idea that we will only have very little newcomers is so ludacris. It took Sakurai and his team roughly 2 1/2 years to make BOTH Smash 3DS and Wii U with a huge roster. And yet, everyone is saying (metaphorically) that the 2 1/2 year development for ONE Smash game was not enough time to make more characters? Bull****!!!

Until the game releases to prove me wrong, I see this as both a dumb "Smash Fan Rule" and a troll on Sakurai's part to lower everyone's expectations only to blow those expectations completely. Remember when we thought the Smash direct would only have 1 newcomer and maybe an echo? Guess what Sakurai did? 2 Unique and 3 Echo. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he did 3 uniques and 5 echoes in the next October Smash Direct. Mini rant over.

And I have to add, look what we, the Golden Sun/Isaac community, have done in a months time! We got everyone to talk about our Golden Boy after years of silence. DO NOT let this slip away again! We have 3 months left and honestly, Isaac makes more sense to be in a Smash Direct. So let's raise up our hands and cast our Psynergy to Isaac to be in Smash, my fellow Adepts! The Sun will rise!
It's entirely possible. I'd just rather remain conservative about any predictions about roster size because of the comment. I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised by more characters than I expect than to be disappointed by fewer.

But even if we were to get a bunch more characters, how/where would they get revealed? I would expect another Smash direct, but beyond that I'm not sure. I mean maybe we get two more Smash directs? But that seems unlikely to me, and certainly we aren't getting any more than that. Could be one more direct and then they just release one last info dump right before release or something.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Ness and Captain Falcon didn't have stages in 64, Marth and Roy didn't have a stage in Melee, Rob still doesn't have a stage. Not every new franchise gets a stage in the same game they show up in.
Maybe they could add Golden Sun music to Prism Tower and New Donk and we can just pretend those are lighthouses

"Hey look! Pauline and her band are totally here to help us defeat the Fusion Dragon!"

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they could add Golden Sun music to Prism Tower and New Donk and we can just pretend those are lighthouses

"Hey look! Pauline and her band are totally here to help us defeat the Fusion Dragon!"
My theory is that Golden Sun music will show up in Midgar.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Normally I'm not super phased since I've been at this for so long, but the influx of pessimism every. single. time. something doesn't go our way is a little exhausting to be witness to, and, frankly, a tiny bit petulant, I'll be honest. If you're in this for the long haul you need to roll with the punches, slight derails are not cause for doomsaying.

Seriously, why don't you guys take a beat, sleep on it - hell - sleep on it again, and then see how you feel. Cooler heads prevail. We've still got the better part of three more months, a lot can happen.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm going to say something a bit pessimistic here, but I think 103 is actually the final stage count for the game. It kinda sucks that there are only 4 new stages, but so many of the returning stages had to be touched up to Switch standards.

I also don't think Isaac would join WITHOUT getting his own stage, and if anything that makes it more likely that he's DLC. Ditto for Banjo. But even so, I don't think this makes them less likely at all. It's not like DLC characters are any less a part of the roster or some kind of second-class citizens.
Welp.

I'm not buying dLC if that's the case.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Normally I'm not super phased since I've been at this but so long, but the influx of pessimism every. single. time. something doesn't go our way is a little exhausting to be witness to, and, frankly, a tiny bit petulant, I'll be honest. If you're in this for the long haul you need to roll with the punches, slight derails are not cause for doomsaying.

Seriously, why don't you guys take a beat, sleep on it - hell - sleep on it again, and then see how you feel. Cooler heads prevail. We've still got the better part of three more months, a lot can happen.
Yeah. I get being disappointed, but I'm not acting like Isaac is totally out of it either. an honestly, while I wasn't (and still really am not) crazy about Isabelle, she's kind grown on me with her animations and moveset.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I'm happy to be here too! I'm also honored ya'll enjoy my work! >w<)b
Hey there! Thank you for recommending me to this site! :D

Shucks~ Isaac wasn't the newcomer~ It's a shame but I haven't given up on Isaac just yet!
It's good to have you join the Isaac Thread Stoic, but let's not fret so much. We knew Isabelle was getting in, Echo or not. We still have 3 months left folks, so let's keep our heads up and keep spreading the Golden Sun love!!

Happy for Isabelle Fans. Let's keep pushing forward for our boi in smash.

Also on my own opinion, I believe because it was Nintendo Direct and not a Smash Direct we were gonna get little representation for Smash Ultimate. Let's hope for a new Smash Direct very soon!!

Incredible how Vergeben was right about Isabelle! His credibility just shot up immensely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Normally I'm not super phased since I've been at this for so long, but the influx of pessimism every. single. time. something doesn't go our way is a little exhausting to be witness to, and, frankly, a tiny bit petulant, I'll be honest. If you're in this for the long haul you need to roll with the punches, slight derails are not cause for doomsaying.

My opinion hasn't really changed much about Isaac. I no longer think Isaac is happening but I'm still confident Isaac is in, and maybe was even going to be revealed here but got pushed back to later (probably to a one-off reveal at the end of the month).

So yeah, still optimistic personally.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, we're on a roller coaster and we just crested a huge hill. Just because we came down and fast doesn't mean we're going to crash and burn. I'll ride it out untill the day our golden boy gets that invitation!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman

Exactly. Us longtime Isaac fans are old hands at this. I set my initial expectations at 0% and anything beyond that is just gravy. It's way too early to give up anyway.

Just seeing Golden Sun getting this much attention is fantastic. Nintendo MUST have noticed by now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah. I get being disappointed, but I'm not acting like Isaac is totally out of it either. an honestly, while I wasn't (and still really am not) crazy about Isabelle, she's kind grown on me with her animations and moveset.
That's good to hear. I also get being disappointed, but people need to be careful not to have that negativity bleed all over the place: into their expectations, onto Isabelle (who looks fun if not, as the sole reveal, a little underwhelming), all over the thread...

I hope everyone just keeps in mind that there is bound to be another Smash Direct on the horizon somewhere. We're hardly winding down here.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
That's good to hear. I also get being disappointed, but people need to be careful not to have that negativity bleed all over the place: into their expectations, onto Isabelle (who looks fun if not, as the sole reveal, a little underwhelming), all over the thread...

I hope everyone just keeps in mind that there is bound to be another Smash Direct on the horizon somewhere. We're hardly winding down here.
I'm most salty about the fact that Isabelle took the space on the mural I thought Isaac was going to go! lol

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
My five cents on this whole situation is that Isabelle's reveal doesn't change much.
For one the reveal felt like it was there more to promote the new animal crossing than it was for smash itself. Even if she's a unique fighter she's still clearly a semi-clone. And the fact that her reveal felt so low budget in comparison is good because it means more money is going into reveals for bigger characters.

If Isaac was going to be in the main roster, he's not gonna be removed just because Isabelle is in. The small hints we've had along the way have not been really disproven. I understand the sentiment of looking forward to the big reveal and not getting it, as a golden sun fan, I know how painful it is to go for so long with nintendo acting like the franchise doesn't even exist.

But, at the same time, this is the first time in seven years where there's been at least a little bit of hope and a tiny chance for recognition. Hey, even if there's no telling if it'll go anywhere, remember Golden Sun was even trending on twitter earlier, and that's huge! It shows demand is still there! So that hope isn't really dead, our golden boy's chances are the same as they were yesterday. Even if Sakurai said to only expect a few more fighters, we really don't know what that number is.

So if we've already waited this long for something to happen, let's keep it up a little longer!
And to add to this, If those high quality trailers are actually apart of the story mode that would explain Isabelle not getting a fancy trailer. Her role in the story would probably be for more humorous smaller scenes within the game similar to characters like ness, lucus, and duck hunt to name a few. Isaac including other characters such as Banjo, Geno, Heihachi, and Shantae just have way more content if they are included into the game. It would make a lot more sense to put characters like these in Smash Directs with fancy trailers rather than take up time slots for Nintendo Directs. Although it's a bit of a downer that Golden sun didn't get any acknowledgment or a remaster in this direct potentially promoting the series, I'd rather see the hype that comes along with a larger Smash direct reveal. I think it would also build up other peoples excitement for the potential of future golden sun games.

Lets not loose hope! Our Golden boy still has a shot!

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
While I'm a bit disappointed at only one character. I'm glad they managed to not have Isabelle be an echo. If anything it's kinda like a Roy/Luigi semiclone deal IF you had to say she's even remotely an echo/clone.
Is it bad to have a feeling of apprehension now...?
Edit: Wording and additional words.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Exactly. Us longtime Isaac fans are old hands at this. I set my initial expectations at 0% and anything beyond that is just gravy. It's way too early to give up anyway.

Just seeing Golden Sun getting this much attention is fantastic. Nintendo MUST have noticed by now.
Frankly what I find most interesting, and I wouldn't even have known about it if not for Billybae10K Billybae10K posting the link here, is John/Jon(?) of Gamexplain got several out-there "predictions" correct (Kirby's Epic Yarn port, FF7 on Switch) spot on. Now, they aren't predictions - John is Jonneh of Resetera, he has sources. He knew about Ridley, he knew about Aces, and clearly he knew this stuff too.

The funny thing is in the same breath as his Epic Yarn prediction he mentioned Golden Sun getting a 3ds remake. This could be baseless speculation I suppose, but he did tie the two together, and no one else on Gamexplain even challenged a notion as potentially absurd as a GS remake on 3ds in, presumably, 2019. Maybe they all know something, who knows.

Just something to chew on, food for thought.

Yeah, we're on a roller coaster and we just crested a huge hill. Just because we came down and fast doesn't mean we're going to crash and burn. I'll ride it out untill the day our golden boy gets that invitation!
I just wish the peaks were a bit less drastic. ._.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys! I'm playing lost age, doing the Djinn backtrack after isaac reunite with Felix and I just beat the Colosso losers with Isaac only

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Frankly what I find most interesting, and I wouldn't even have known about it if not for Billybae10K Billybae10K posting the link here, is John/Jon(?) of Gamexplain got several out-there "predictions" correct (Kirby's Epic Yarn port, FF7 on Switch) spot on. Now, they aren't predictions - John is Jonneh of Resetera, he has sources. He knew about Ridley, he knew about Aces, and clearly he knew this stuff too.

The funny thing is in the same breath as his Epic Yarn prediction he mentioned Golden Sun getting a 3ds remake. This could be baseless speculation I suppose, but he did tie the two together, and no one else on Gamexplain even challenged a notion as potentially absurd as a GS remake on 3ds in, presumably, 2019. Maybe they all know something, who knows.

Just something to chew on, food for thought..
And didn't Jon or another GameXplain member "predict" that Isaac would be in Smash as well? Definitely something to keep in the back of our minds moving forward.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And didn't Jon or another GameXplain member "predict" that Isaac would be in Smash as well? Definitely something to keep in the back of our minds moving forward.
That was a different member. Interesting still, but to my knowledge Jon is the only one to make hints at upcoming content, and disguise things he knows as guesses. If the others know things, they play those much closer to the chest. Plus most of Gamexplain seems split on Isaac's odds.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I have to commend you guys on having the patience to sit through Gamexplain videos. It's not a knock against them, but how can they have a 50 minute video about the Direct, and then ANOTHER 50 minute video about the same Direct one week later? It's madness. I think the only video of theirs I've ever watched is the one before the 8.8 direct and that was because my hype levels were getting dangerously cheesy.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

wasn't that for this direct though? yeah we got kirby but no golden sun remake or isaac in smash

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Honestly kind of amazed my initial post-Direct reaction is already over 10 pages back. Clearly there's been a lot of talk over the implications of this Direct, so I'll go ahead and throw in my two cents.

First off, Isabelle's inclusion: the second the trailer started up was an "Oh, duh" moment for me. Not only was she a character I expected to be included, but she makes perfect sense in a regular Direct alongside an announcement for Animal Crossing Switch. Maybe she doesn't excite the normal Smash crowd, but she definitely excites more casual Nintendo fans, and I've already seen some extremely positive reactions on Facebook to prove it. In retrospect it feels natural that she'd get revealed now as a bit of cross-promotion and not in our expected second Smash Direct, which can instead be reserved for characters that really excite the core audience like K. Rool was the previous Smash Direct.

Second, implications for Isaac specifically: frankly, nothing has changed. Again, Isabelle was an expected inclusion, and it's good to see she was made a semi-clone so as to take the minimal number of development resources. I think that bodes extremely well both for the potential number of unique newcomers left in the base game as well as the potential number of echo fighters and semi-clones. I also don't see an issue for Isaac in terms of reveal schedule, as it would make a lot of sense for him to be reserved for a Smash Direct where more of the viewership is likely to know him and where there should be other exciting reveals in store for those who may have never even heard of Golden Sun. We also can't discount the possible hints we've seen like the conspicuous Rathalos screenshot and the recent Golden Sun trademark renewal. The only real downside is that he hasn't been a part of the increasingly credible Vergeben leaks so far, but even they don't claim to know the full roster. In my view, Isaac's chances remain strong, if admittedly far from guaranteed, and nothing today has changed that.

Finally, a note on the Isaac fanbase. If there's one thing that has become clear today, it's that the desire for Isaac in Smash is very real and very public. It's not just this Smashboards thread, but people on Twitter, Reddit, and even Twitch chat that are talking about our golden boy. Perhaps Isaac used to be a longshot, but if this kind of public interest keeps up, we could very easily see him as part of the inevitable DLC lineup should he miss the base game. Further, this is exactly the kind of enthusiasm that Nintendo is liable to notice and thus may encourage Golden Sun ports, remasters, or even brand new games. I know many of us are disappointed today, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as well, but this isn't the time to give up or assume the worst. If anything, now's the time to double down and prove we're in it for the long haul. After all, that fan effort paid off for Ridley, and it paid off for K. Rool. We're one of the biggest remaining fan requests still going, and if we're willing to stick with it, I have faith we can get the reward we've all been waiting for.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believe Andre Brought it up, then John said he thought he was in but not at this direct
That was one of the other guys. John said Isaac hasn't shown up as an AT yet, but he also wasn't an AT in 4, so that may not mean anything. Not super helpful.

I have to commend you guys on having the patience to sit through Gamexplain videos. It's not a knock against them, but how can they have a 50 minute video about the Direct, and then ANOTHER 50 minute video about the same Direct one week later? It's madness. I think the only video of theirs I've ever watched is the one before the 8.8 direct and that was because my hype levels were getting dangerously cheesy.
I only watched the parts pertinent to Isaac/GS because Billy linked right to them, lol.

wasn't that for this direct though? yeah we got kirby but no golden sun remake or isaac in smash
Yes it was for this Direct, but knowing whether something will happen and when it will happen don't always come in tandem. He knew about Ridley, but got the timing wrong for that as well.

Edit: And for the record, Jon never said Isaac would be in Smash.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea of a GS remake! It does seem suspicious that Jon got so many predictions nailed specially the non echo Isabelle and the FF ports skipping exactly FFVIII. Now hear me out though this might be too far fetched. Maybe we can get a GS themed announcement? With the remake information and then closing with Isaac's smash trailer similar to what happened with Shulk?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Honestly kind of amazed my initial post-Direct reaction is already over 10 pages back. Clearly there's been a lot of talk over the implications of this Direct, so I'll go ahead and throw in my two cents.

First off, Isabelle's inclusion: the second the trailer started up was an "Oh, duh" moment for me. Not only was she a character I expected to be included, but she makes perfect sense in a regular Direct alongside an announcement for Animal Crossing Switch. Maybe she doesn't excite the normal Smash crowd, but she definitely excites more casual Nintendo fans, and I've already seen some extremely positive reactions on Facebook to prove it. In retrospect it feels natural that she'd get revealed now as a bit of cross-promotion and not in our expected second Smash Direct, which can instead be reserved for characters that really excite the core audience like K. Rool was the previous Smash Direct.

Second, implications for Isaac specifically: frankly, nothing has changed. Again, Isabelle was an expected inclusion, and it's good to see she was made a semi-clone so as to take the minimal number of development resources. I think that bodes extremely well both for the potential number of unique newcomers left in the base game as well as the potential number of echo fighters and semi-clones. I also don't see an issue for Isaac in terms of reveal schedule, as it would make a lot of sense for him to be reserved for a Smash Direct where more of the viewership is likely to know him and where there should be other exciting reveals in store for those who may have never even heard of Golden Sun. We also can't discount the possible hints we've seen like the conspicuous Rathalos screenshot and the recent Golden Sun trademark renewal. The only real downside is that he hasn't been a part of the increasingly credible Vergeben leaks so far, but even they don't claim to know the full roster. In my view, Isaac's chances remain strong, if admittedly far from guaranteed, and nothing today has changed that.

Finally, a note on the Isaac fanbase. If there's one thing that has become clear today, it's that the desire for Isaac in Smash is very real and very public. It's not just this Smashboards thread, but people on Twitter, Reddit, and even Twitch chat that are talking about our golden boy. Perhaps Isaac used to be a longshot, but if this kind of public interest keeps up, we could very easily see him as part of the inevitable DLC lineup should he miss the base game. Further, this is exactly the kind of enthusiasm that Nintendo is liable to notice and thus may encourage Golden Sun ports, remasters, or even brand new games. I know many of us are disappointed today, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as well, but this isn't the time to give up or assume the worst. If anything, now's the time to double down and prove we're in it for the long haul. After all, that fan effort paid off for Ridley, and it paid off for K. Rool. We're one of the biggest remaining fan requests still going, and if we're willing to stick with it, I have faith we can get the reward we've all been waiting for.
QFT. This is a great summary of what the cooler heads have been saying all along. Isabelle's reveal made total sense in context, she doesn't affect Isaac's chances either way, and his fanbase is becoming prominent enough that Nintendo is bound to take notice and react accordingly.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

I just wish the peaks were a bit less drastic. ._.
I don't want to continue to be a downer or anything (not sure if you were talking about me earlier), but if I entertain that this might be real info I can't help but feel like this is just a poor decision. I'm having a hard time imagining a Golden Sun remake on 3ds being successful enough to warrant a continuation of the series given the point we're at in the console's lifespan. And obviously I ultimately want them to revive the series.

It is getting a lot of ports though. I just hope that if there is a port/remake that Switch gets it as well. Honestly I would have loved to see the epic yarn game on switch too. People would probably complain about it though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Good post here.

I don't want to continue to be a downer or anything (not sure if you were talking about me earlier), but if I entertain that this might be real info I can't help but feel like this is just a poor decision. I'm having a hard time imagining a Golden Sun remake on 3ds being successful enough to warrant a continuation of the series given the point we're at in the console's lifespan. And obviously I ultimately want them to revive the series.

It is getting a lot of ports though. I just hope that if there is a port/remake that Switch gets it as well. Honestly I would have loved to see the epic yarn game on switch too. People would probably complain about it though.
Oh, for sure. It's not great timing for Smash (though better than in the past couple years, since DLC and all), and it's horrible timing for this thing to have any shot at success, but... it's better than no GS, which seems like the only realistic alternative. :/

Should any of this be real, of course.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Jon knows more than he's letting on, I guarantee that. There's no way in hell he just guessed Epic Yarn for 3DS AND Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, and XII all in the same direct correctly. That is mathematically impossible...

It's so ****ing weird to think that but how would he have guessed all that and for THIS PARTICULAR DIRECT!? WHAT THE HELL?!

Akod

Smash Rookie
Hi. Just came to show my support for Isaac in Smash. The Golden Sun games are the JRPGs that made me a JRPG fan. All three games mean a lot to me and I would love to see Isaac on Smash Bros Ultimate.

Even if today was not the day I do hope he gets in one day. And if yesterday's events show something is that there's a public willing to play another Golden Sun.

So, yeah, Go Isaac!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Good post here.

Oh, for sure. It's not great timing for Smash (though better than in the past couple years, since DLC and all), and it's horrible timing for this thing to have any shot at success, but... it's better than no GS, which seems like the only realistic alternative. :/

Should any of this be real, of course.
Well, get ready for this GS to flop again like DD.
Yeah, no golden sun is better than anything.

But sending it to die isn't much better either.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say this to the people who are fearful of “limited slots”

In the e3 presentation Sakurai specifically said, “we hope you’re not expecting too many new challengers.” He did NOT say, “don’t expect” and we should all know how Sakurai is by now. You don’t think the same man that purposely trolled everyone in the King K Rool trailer wouldn’t purposefully try to throw off the entire Smash fandom? Right now we are at 9 new fighters and I personally expect 7 more. Just relax. You guys didn’t hype responsibly and are letting it get you down.

As it has been stated before. A regular direct is about mass appeal, not Smash appeal. Isaac, Geno and to a lesser extent Banjo are Smash appeal characters while Isabelle is a recently popular character from a game series the majority of Nintendo fans have been waiting for so her reveal was perfect for yesterday’s direct. Isaac still has a good chance people!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Jon knows more than he's letting on, I guarantee that. There's no way in hell he just guessed Epic Yarn for 3DS AND Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, and XII all in the same direct correctly. That is mathematically impossible...

It's so ****ing weird to think that but how would he have guessed all that and for THIS PARTICULAR DIRECT!? WHAT THE HELL?!
No, like, I'm not bull****ting, Jon knows stuff. He's Jonneh, one of the resetera people to set off the whole Ridley thing in the first place. And he knew about Tennis Aces beforehand. There's probably more that I'm forgetting. And clearly he knew this stuff too.

Least it'd get people to hush up about it being a dead series.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No, like, I'm not bull****ting, Jon knows stuff. He's Jonneh, one of the resetera people to set off the whole Ridley thing in the first place. And he knew about Tennis Aces beforehand. There's probably more that I'm forgetting. And clearly he knew this stuff too.

Least it'd get people to hush up about it being a dead series.
Then people will call it a dead series 8 years after "this supposed" entry.

I'm sorry, but ive did my part with DD. If they want to do the same mistake again (which was the same reason why it flopped the first time around) I ain't buying.

GS will never be successful with that business strategy, and likely never will if they CONTINUE making dumb descions like this.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

It is concerning to receive that when 3DS' life is ending BUT with people finding new love for the series as well as a lot of people deciding on giving it a chance based on the fanbase's uproar I think can make for a good selling or maybe it will launch for 3DS and Switch later. A lot of people still have a 3DS and no Switch yet

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if there will be another smash direct coming soon. It would probably be in Nov...
Naw, Sakurai still needs to talk about the online features, the hidden mode, possible event matches, if Smash Run is back, new items, new pokeball Pokémon, new assist trophies and the remaining characters. I don’t know about you but that sounds like two more dedicated Smash directs to me! I’m 99.9% sure the last week of September or the first week of October will be a Smash direct!

Top Bottom