• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I might try to come up with some sort of support banner for Isaac myself, though I don't currently have anything in mind.

Also the hashtag in the title has been changed for the sake of vote-related puns. ;D
Shouldn't it be more like "MovetheVote"? I mean, that'd fit GS a lot better...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've never heard anyone say move the vote... I have on the other hand heard people say rock the vote.

What do you guys think?
Oh, lol, I can't believe I didn't get why the Kutthroats started saying "KroctheVote."

Isaac is definitely earth-based. Merely #RocktheVote might work for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, lol, I can't believe I didn't get why the Kutthroats started saying "KroctheVote."

Isaac is definitely earth-based. Merely #RocktheVote might work for him.
It'd work, but it's not a hashtag people would associate with Isaac really. People say rock the vote about a lot of stuff.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
@ Geno Boost Geno Boost

It's not Geno. I like Geno. It's Square, always has been.

If you didn't know, apparently, Superbot wanted Cloud for PlayStation Allstars, Square shut that idea down. They then tried to get Lara Croft, shut that down too.

The point is that Square has its head shoved so far up it's own *** that it can't see what its own fans want. So, because of Square, Geno is, sadly, a pipe dream.
Square Enix has never said no to Nintendo for example dragon quest and final fantasy characters in Mario games also they did let Geno in MLSSS and super Mario-kun comics

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Square Enix has never said no to Nintendo for example dragon quest and final fantasy characters in Mario games also they did let Geno in MLSSS and super Mario-kun comics
You don't know that, none of us do. You think we'd be privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes with those two?

Btw they said no when Nintendo originally wanted to call Paper Mario Super Mario RPG 2.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey guys, i've been gone for a while but i'm back! whats going on my fellow adepts? just so you know, i already voted for isaac so i hope you did too. let's make it happen! this is our chance!! Isaac for smash 4!!!

edit- my 900th post! perfect timing too!

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
K but it was just 1 time when they said no to Nintendo
Even if SE would allow Geno in Smash (SMRPG Wii U VC when?) he will not make it in the vote.
The core fanbase has plenty of other characters they want, most of which are viewed as more likely.

The casual fanbase will pick their favorite Pokemon, or Mario character, upcoming characters (Inklings), stuff like that. Note that most of them will not have heard of SMRPG, much less played it. They will make up the majority of the voters (although probably not the majority of votes).

Geno will be a in the third tier of popularity (at best), With Snake, Simon, Rayman, Banjo/Kazooi and probably Bomberman in front of him. And if we take Miiverse into account Steve (Minecraft) and Bigley (Meme Run) will also be ahead of him.

While it is a sign of his popularity that people would rather discuss other characters on Isaac's thread than their own, it would be best to continue this on the Geno thread. Just tag me and any one else you want to reply to in a post there.

On a more relevant manner I approve of #RagnarokTheVote, which I will get around to doing sometime today. All 8 devices will be in favor of Isaac in all English speaking regions.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Even if SE would allow Geno in Smash (SMRPG Wii U VC when?) he will not make it in the vote.
The core fanbase has plenty of other characters they want, most of which are viewed as more likely.

The casual fanbase will pick their favorite Pokemon, or Mario character, upcoming characters (Inklings), stuff like that. Note that most of them will not have heard of SMRPG, much less played it. They will make up the majority of the voters (although probably not the majority of votes).

Geno will be a in the third tier of popularity (at best), With Snake, Simon, Rayman, Banjo/Kazooi and probably Bomberman in front of him. And if we take Miiverse into account Steve (Minecraft) and Bigley (Meme Run) will also be ahead of him.

While it is a sign of his popularity that people would rather discuss other characters on Isaac's thread than their own, it would be best to continue this on the Geno thread. Just tag me and any one else you want to reply to in a post there.

On a more relevant manner I approve of #RagnarokTheVote, which I will get around to doing sometime today. All 8 devices will be in favor of Isaac in all English speaking regions.
I can tag if I wanted but here is the link http://smashboards.com/threads/geno...r-part-vote-geno.324253/page-58#post-18900411 if you want to visit the thread

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
@ N3ON N3ON plz add me to the supporters list. i've asked ever since i first posted in this thread, which was last year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
K but it was just 1 time when they said no to Nintendo it was in 1998
But it proves Nintendo is no exception to Square's difficult nature. As if that wasn't obviously before when they all but up and left Nintendo to go play with Sony, who they still favour, yet didn't even lend their characters to in Sony's mascot fighter. And again, you shouldn't be expecting transparency from game companies. For every one example we hear about, there must be ten times as many that we don't.

All companies have said no to other companies at one point or another. Some, including Square, more than others.

This is all besides the point though because one, Geno isn't going to happen at this point, and two, this is the Isaac thread.

@ N3ON N3ON plz add me to the supporters list. i've asked ever since i first posted in this thread, which was last year.
@ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior handles the supporters list.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've long-since blocked Geno Boost. Seriously. I know he's probably going to read this post, but dude, seriously, get out. This is the Isaac thread, we don't need to be discussing Geno here. Maybe you think he still has a chance. Fine, I won't stop you. I'd recommend you re-evaluate your expectations, but if that's not possible, ok. Just stop trying to convince everyone else because its clearly NOT working. Vote for Geno, get other people to vote for Geno who want to, and just get out of our hair. We're trying to discuss Isaac here.

Honestly, all the Geno ranting has really made me hate the character anyway. I think he's ok, but in all honesty, even in Super Mario RPG as soon as I got Bowser and Peach Mallow and Geno were out of my party, they're far superior with Peach's healing and Bowser's strength.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Totally taken aback by how much support Isaac is getting, but also totally loving every minute of it! It's incredible how a character who hasn't been the main protagonist for fourteen years can still resonate with so many people! You guys are the best! <3

Here's hoping Sakurai hears us!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Totally taken aback by how much support Isaac is getting, but also totally loving every minute of it! It's incredible how a character who hasn't been the main protagonist for fourteen years can still resonate with so many people! You guys are the best! <3

Here's hoping Sakurai hears us!
Well, obviously, Isaac is the first character you think of when thinking of Golden Sun, being the main character of the original game and being one of only two characters to appear in all three games in the series, and will appear in the next game as well assuming it happens (he has to).

Even if Isaac stops appearing in future titles (he'll at least be in GS4 if it happens), his legacy is still bigger than some characters like Marth or Ike, who only appeared in two games. Granted, they were the main character of both games, but Isaac was still a central important character in Lost Age even if he wasn't the "main" character anymore.

Its just a matter of a lot of people like Golden Sun, and Isaac is the main character who can represent the franchise. I mean, yeah, you can argue Matthew... but Matthew essentially IS just Isaac. Technically he's not, but appearance-wise he's almost indistinguishable from Isaac and was purposely created to have Isaac without actually making Isaac the main character.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I, too ofcourse gave Isaac my first vote! ive wanted him in for quite a while now :b:
So realistically how are his chances looking right now?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
That picture looks gorgeous! Well done, the Sol Blade is a very nice touch. Makes it look all the more epic.

I, too ofcourse gave Isaac my first vote! ive wanted him in for quite a while now :b:
So realistically how are his chances looking right now?
Realistically, I'm pretty much blown away by how many people I've seen voting for him on the internet. This might be wishful thinking but I feel like when it comes to first party Nintendo characters, we're all the way up there, surprisingly close to King K. Rool.
When we take Wolf as a shoe in, which he probably is at this point, and focus on first party characters only, since nobody really knows whether or not Third Party characters can be a thing, we have a really good chance of seeing Isaac at one point or another.

It's perhaps our last chance in realistically reviving Golden Sun on our own as a community. And, oddly enough, it's our biggest one yet.

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
Isaac for Smash!

I've made a post (and drawing) on Deviantart to get more people to vote for Isaac.
http://fav.me/d8o39gf
And screaming at all of the people I know to vote for him.

I also gave a free GS code away!

To summarise:
I voted for Isaac and am telling everyone else to vote for him.

ISAAC FOR SMASH!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I've long-since blocked Geno Boost. Seriously. I know he's probably going to read this post, but dude, seriously, get out. This is the Isaac thread, we don't need to be discussing Geno here. Maybe you think he still has a chance. Fine, I won't stop you. I'd recommend you re-evaluate your expectations, but if that's not possible, ok. Just stop trying to convince everyone else because its clearly NOT working. Vote for Geno, get other people to vote for Geno who want to, and just get out of our hair. We're trying to discuss Isaac here.

Honestly, all the Geno ranting has really made me hate the character anyway. I think he's ok, but in all honesty, even in Super Mario RPG as soon as I got Bowser and Peach Mallow and Geno were out of my party, they're far superior with Peach's healing and Bowser's strength.
I am out I said this 2 times in this thread now it's the 3rd time here but people are still replaying to me :/
Block me that's fine but It's not my problem I am trying as much as I can to not replay to everyone in this thread (because I know it has nothing to do with this thread) and I didn't started the whole Geno disscusion it was just about the vote result but everything turned upside down in this thread

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Messages are always popping in this thread and each time I go to sleep or go out, this thread gets two more pages...

We should all be proud for all the support we are giving Isaac, so let's keep Ragnaroking the ballot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thinking about it, Isaac being in the top 5 won't surprise me. Wolf and K.Rool are the only characters I consider competition. Though I want those two a bit more than Isaac
The only character I want more than Isaac is Rool. Don't care about Wolf that much, though I do blatantly expect him.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Geno boost is 14? Cut the guy some slack guys :c i swear the internet can be harsh to kids sometimes. Wanted to say this in the character thread orginally, but whatever. Been seeing alot of flame to the guy and i couldnt sit back anymore and watch

Anyway, I voted for isaac, indifferent to his character makeup but his moveset can be amazing. And I like uniqueness, if you guys can convince people that havent played his game to vote for him on uniqueness alone, then you guys are golden.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.I've added retro gamer. Anyone else want to be added, please tag me.

Also, isn't today Camelot's anniversary or something?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.I've added retro gamer. Anyone else want to be added, please tag me.

Also, isn't today Camelot's anniversary or something?
Ahem
Still seeing a distinct lack of myself there.

Top Bottom