• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Am I the only one questioning why the heck we are taking some random guy's word that Isaac is a trophy?
Pics or it didn't happen, as they say.
Sorry, I got caught up in the moment. You're right, we should wait until we see pics. I don't think this guy has even ever posted in the Isaac thread before.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I have an HD PVR. So I can record the game and post it on youtube. If it is true, I'll show you guys right away.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have an HD PVR. So I can record the game and post it on youtube. If it is true, I'll show you guys right away.
I have an HD PVR 2 that just arrived today. Unfortunately I don't have a Wii U or Smash yet, so I can't show anything yet.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
So....what's the reason behind him not being payable in the first place?
1. Not popular enough?
2. People don't request him enough?
3. Anything else?
I wanna know!

Also, does Sakurai have the power to bring Golden Sun up like he did with Kid Icarus? If he really wanted to?
Isaac deserves to be reborn.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So....what's the reason behind him not being payable in the first place?
1. Not popular enough?
2. People don't request him enough?
3. Anything else?
I wanna know!

Also, does Sakurai have the power to bring Golden Sun up like he did with Kid Icarus? If he really wanted to?
Isaac deserves to be reborn.
No, he doesn't, that's up to Camelot. Which honestly I think is going to happen anyway. :p

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Oh my Gosh!!! The game looks so beautiful! It's amazing! Btw, The Felix Battle/Final Boss song does not need to be unlocked. Building a stage now with it.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, wait, there's an Isaac trophy? Or not?

And can we finally say for sure that he's not an AT anymore?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Have to go to bed for now. Unlocked more than 100 trophies. No sign of him yet. Have to work in the morning, but after, I will resume my search...unless someone finds it before I do.

I have to say that when I went to get my copy, there were more people getting the new Pokemon games than Smash...felt disappointed when I compare what happened during the 3DS version release. Oh well.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Damn i would like to search for Isaac trophy too but europeans have to wait 1 week more to get the game x(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ugh. My workplace got neither Pokemon OR/AS nor SSBU and I was pressed for time because my ride can't wait, so I had to come home and get them both digitally. Waiting for them to download. -_-

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My Wii U is still coming in today along with Smash Bros. Smash should arrive first, its currently out for delivery. Somehow, my Wii U in Virginia reached Minneapolis at 6:00 AM. They HAD to have air mailed it. There's no way a truck could've gotten there that fast.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So, why @ N3ON N3ON is not posting anymore?
Yup. @ N3ON N3ON is hiding and for some reason not posting. She did change the thread title though.

Why?

*conspiracy music intensifies* :p

In other news, I will have to wait till the 2nd. Can't go home till then. Until then I guess I will order a Wii U and Smash. A normal trophy appearance won't be bad for Isaac's DLC chances anyway but good luck nonetheless!

I am still rooting - #Isaac4Smash!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yup. @ N3ON N3ON is hiding and for some reason not posting. She did change the thread title though.

Why?

*conspiracy music intensifies* :p

In other news, I will have to wait till the 2nd. Can't go home till then. Until then I guess I will order a Wii U and Smash. A normal trophy appearance won't be bad for Isaac's DLC chances anyway but good luck nonetheless!

I am still rooting - #Isaac4Smash!
Kinda sad, @ N3ON N3ON 's last post was three weeks ago, end of October...

Anyway yeah, game should be arriving today, I'll be able to play tonight.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Kinda sad, @ N3ON N3ON 's last post was three weeks ago, end of October...

Anyway yeah, game should be arriving today, I'll be able to play tonight.
Posted three weeks ago, yet we still have another new thread name. Commence the hunt.
And just to clarify, IF Isaac is indeed a trophy, that is not cause to alarm. It might mean that Isaac might get a new special trophy for clearing classic mode, etc.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Posted three weeks ago, yet we still have another new thread name. Commence the hunt.
And just to clarify, IF Isaac is indeed a trophy, that is not cause to alarm. It might mean that Isaac might get a new special trophy for clearing classic mode, etc.
Well, considering the fact that numerous people kept saying that since Mewtwo is a trophy, Isaac NOT having a trophy would be more against him being a plausible DLC candidate, Isaac having a trophy is probably the better situation right now.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Well, considering the fact that numerous people kept saying that since Mewtwo is a trophy, Isaac NOT having a trophy would be more against him being a plausible DLC candidate, Isaac having a trophy is probably the better situation right now.
NO doubt that it would decrease his chances, but all I am saying is that all is not lost if he IS/isn't a trophy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, we have heard word of an Isaac trophy. Considering how Rayman got a SECOND trophy, anything is possible with maybe one other Golden Sun character, as well.

Also, this is old news, but I'm certain that Isaac's Project M clone is that of Ike, in case whomever asked that wanted to know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, we have heard word of an Isaac trophy. Considering how Rayman got a SECOND trophy, anything is possible with maybe one other Golden Sun character, as well.

Also, this is old news, but I'm certain that Isaac's Project M clone is that of Ike, in case whomever asked that wanted to know.
Hopefully he uses more psynergy than sword attacks... Probably not, though. Its probably too complicated for them to do... *sigh*

Isaac getting a second trophy would be a surprise, but I would not be surprised to see trophies of several GS characters.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully he uses more psynergy than sword attacks... Probably not, though. Its probably too complicated for them to do... *sigh*

Isaac getting a second trophy would be a surprise, but I would not be surprised to see trophies of several GS characters.
Well, two of the attacks are Psyngery-based moves (A hand attack that looks like Catch & Growth), that's what I know. So, at least we get something.

I'd be surprised about that, but I just want an Isaac, Matthew, and Felix trophy.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, I'll be gone for the weekend, so I guess I'll catch up with any findings once I get back. Pretty sure we'll know what GS content is in the game at that point.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I will be checking Twitch.tv to see if anybody is streaming the game at the moment.

I will try to come back with news about Isaac.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac having a trophy really isn't worrisome to me. People got way too far ahead of themselves in assuming that having a trophy meant they couldn't be DLC.

However, Isaac's AT removal is very peculiar, and I mean... If he really isn't ever a DLC character it's really messed up now. =(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac having a trophy really isn't worrisome to me. People got way too far ahead of themselves in assuming that having a trophy meant they couldn't be DLC.

However, Isaac's AT removal is very peculiar, and I mean... If he really isn't ever a DLC character it's really messed up now. =(
Isaac having a trophy is a bigger boon now that it was before, though. Before we didn't have any word of DLC characters who already have trophies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well the Golden Sun track still plays on Norfair...so now I don't know what to think.

The AT seems to be gone for good. So I have a feeling they at least worked on something involving him, right?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well the Golden Sun track still plays on Norfair...so now I don't know what to think.
About what...?

It doesn't mean anything, except that Isaac isn't considered "irrelevant" enough to remove the track. So why did they remove the very unique Assist Trophy that is nothing like any other item in the game? Also, we've even got a new track, Overworld from Dark Dawn.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
About what...?

It doesn't mean anything, except that Isaac isn't considered "irrelevant" enough to remove the track. So why did they remove the very unique Assist Trophy that is nothing like any other item in the game? Also, we've even got a new track, Overworld from Dark Dawn.
Hey, at what time are you streaming?

Update: still looking at Twitch Streams and none of them seem to be showing Assist Trophies. Most are competitive play, twitch plays, and/or trolling.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey, at what time are you streaming?

Update: still looking at Twitch Streams and none of them seem to be showing Assist Trophies. Most are competitive play, twitch plays, and/or trolling.
Not for a while yet. Its not arrived, and even when it does arrive, I have to wait until my wife and I can both play. So it probably would not be until late tonight, maybe 7 PM CST. During that time I'll be working, and once it arrives, I'll install updates and get my NNID set up.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not for a while yet. Its not arrived, and even when it does arrive, I have to wait until my wife and I can both play. So it probably would not be until late tonight, maybe 7 PM CST. During that time I'll be working, and once it arrives, I'll install updates and get my NNID set up.
Thanks for the info. At 7:00 P.M. I will be leaving home to take part in a Thanksgiving family celebration.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can imagine Golden Sun on the Wii U, 3D characters and HD graphics,. That would be the perfect treat from Camelot.
I can imagine in, but I can't see it happening unless Monolith Soft helps them. Which honestly I CAN see happening, but I'm 50/50 on it. If it does happen, though, I'd think it'd go with a more cel-shaded style of graphics.

Honestly, I really want to see GS and Xenoblade become Nintendo's staple RPG franchises. GS for turn-based battles and puzzle-solving, Xenoblade for massive exploration and a more action-like combat style.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can imagine in, but I can't see it happening unless Monolith Soft helps them. Which honestly I CAN see happening, but I'm 50/50 on it. If it does happen, though, I'd think it'd go with a more cel-shaded style of graphics.

Honestly, I really want to see GS and Xenoblade become Nintendo's staple RPG franchises. GS for turn-based battles and puzzle-solving, Xenoblade for massive exploration and a more action-like combat style.
Both series tackling the different RPG staples.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I can imagine Golden Sun on the Wii U, 3D characters and HD graphics,. That would be the perfect treat from Camelot.
I know right? It is a glorious vision!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Awesome cel-shaded HD graphics! Plus that would easily help the game be amazing, full HD and 60 fps!

Plus new types of puzzles, amazing summon sequences, psynergy will look so much more awesome, and visiting the expanded Weyard! Maybe not as much as exploration based as Xenoblade but the possibilities are endless!

And return of the amazing gameplay that we all know and love!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know right? It is a glorious vision!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
Awesome cel-shaded HD graphics! Plus that would easily help the game be amazing, full HD and 60 fps!

Plus new types of puzzles, amazing summon sequences, psynergy will look so much more awesome, and visiting the expanded Weyard! Maybe not as much as exploration based as Xenoblade but the possibilities are endless!

And return of the amazing gameplay that we all know and love!
See, cel-shaded graphics for GS would not only fit the fantasy setting better, but it'd be easier to make an HD game with that.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Over 100 trophies and still nothing on Isaac. I haven't seen any of the hidden assists either. I don't think you unlocked any in the 3DS version. I'll have to keep playing later.

Top Bottom