• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chrono-Omega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hello, there. Since I've played Golden Sun (The best game ever), I just wanted Isaac to be in Smash. I'm very late both to register in Smashboards (I'm not really a social guy) and to come here to support Isaac. But I've been in this thread, like, a year? I've just registered up to make sure I would have at least one post on here. But I still think he will be in Smash 4. No GS content at all? No, there is something really messed up there. I just think it's just a matter of time until DLC (with Isaac, of course) gets revelead. Nobody remembers the official e-mail that said there would be a charachter reveal in October 3rd? You see, we might still have a chance! And who knows, maybe we'll get GS 4 (or maybe TLA for the VC in the rest of the world, which is also another suspect thing) along with it!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Fairly recently - in 2009, I believe.

However, it didn't do too well, leading many to feel pessimistic for the series' future.

However, you're right... I should really not be such a drama queen. Camelot has had their hands full working on Mario sports titles for the 3DS. We can't give up just yet.
Well, it'd be nice if there wasn't something to be dramatic about!

Now that Camelot finished up 3DS versions of Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, we can only hope they're back to work on GS4. You don't end a game on a cliffhanger like that without planning a sequel. I wouldn't be surprised if Camelot and Nintendo had a longterm agreement for them to develop the sports games after they finished up Dark Dawn, which is why we haven't seen GS4 yet.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Would you be open to the possibility of having Older Issac or Matthew (I think thats his sons name) as playable?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Would you be open to the possibility of having Older Issac or Matthew (I think thats his sons name) as playable?
We don't mind. Much. But it is very unlikely. Younger Isaac is the poster boy of the series after all. Matthew can easily be an alt if Isaac is in the game, since they have the same face, identical stats, everything. He was meant to be an Isaac basically.

On another note, Camelot has to be working on another game right? What are they doing after Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Tennis: Open. It would be great if they are collaborating with another Nintendo studio to get us an HD Golden Sun on Wii U! That would be a dream come true. Plus it would also make sense, holding back Isaac for the Wii U version to be added later to the 3DS version.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We don't mind. Much. But it is very unlikely. Younger Isaac is the poster boy of the series after all. Matthew can easily be an alt if Isaac is in the game, since they have the same face, identical stats, everything. He was meant to be an Isaac basically.

On another note, Camelot has to be working on another game right? What are they doing after Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Tennis: Open. It would be great if they are collaborating with another Nintendo studio to get us an HD Golden Sun on Wii U! That would be a dream come true. Plus it would also make sense, holding back Isaac for the Wii U version to be added later to the 3DS version.
I'm not counting on that to happen. If Isaac is to be playable, it'd be pure DLC. That I am thinking is very likely due to Isaac's absence as an AT. He is a very excellent playable candidate.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm not counting on that to happen. If Isaac is to be playable, it'd be pure DLC. That I am thinking is very likely due to Isaac's absence as an AT. He is a very excellent playable candidate.
I wouldn't mind pure DLC myself. But I want everyone to experience the awesomeness of Golden Sun.... Thus I want him to be free DLC addition to 3DS and on disc character on Wii U!

In the end I just want Isaac as playable!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think Isaac with a Matthew alt, just like Olimar switches to Alph, is extremely reasonable.

Another reasonable option is for there to be Isaac, with Garet, Ivan, Mia, Felix, Jenna, Sheba, Piers as alts. a'la Bowser Jr. :)
(But that would require them to have an all-around elemental moveset, instead of fixing on just Venus.. Much more unlikely)

But I don't mind, it's only fair for Isaac to have Matthew as an Alt. It IS Golden Sun's latest game, and Sakurai is all about "recent games" this time around.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Isaac appears as DLC, I think he'd have Matthew as a full alt, not like they'd need to change much, though. As much as I'd love Isaac being a Wii U character and free 3DS DLC, I don't see it being all that likely. I think he'd be more likely as a headliner for DLC. He currently is the character I consider to be a DLC headliner precisely because of his lack of an AT appearance.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'd rather have Issac use adept powers instead of a combination of that and his sword.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd rather have Issac use adept powers instead of a combination of that and his sword.
I'd imagine Isaac would be 90% Psynergy with maybe Djinn thrown in, and a couple of sword attacks. Isaac probably would use his sword no matter one, he has to, but very rarely. Even his Assist Trophy has the sword, although he doesn't use it.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, this "Big 4" group thing, any chance to get an invite?

I have all dem big four characters in my signature, I will support them til the very end.
(shame that Shulk is the only one of my supports who is in at this stage...)

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
How about one last Golden Sun discussion before it's over?
Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?

Ok, my answer to this too:

1:Isaac from the Broken Seal, he is a very reliable character, and hands down the best fighter of his team!
Jenna from the Lost Age, she can fight, she can heal, she can doalmost everything (she doesn't support, but its not that important anyway)! If Camelot wasn't lazy about a character, then it has to be Jenna!!
Sveta from Dark Dawn, she is a beast(literally) while fighting and her personality is such a loving one, whereas Jenna is a spicy girl, Sveta is a humble Jupiter Adept (fulfilling the Golden Sun Jupiter Adept stereotype here), yet, I cant help but love her! (I really hope she reappears in Golden Sun 4, not as a playable Character since she is
Queen of Morgal now
, but as a minor role, maybe in the Bilibin part of the next game!(Also hoping that the next transforming fighter will be a female Mars Adept from Prox transforming into a Dragon in a hard game making her worth the effort!!!)!!

2:Favourite Element has to be Fire!! Fire Psynergy is awesome and thanks to Fire Psynergy Felix', Jenna's and Isaac's
parents arent dead
!

3:Alex....do I have to say more?(Of course there are many NPCs that are interesting, and the one I really want to see already, and hoping to be playable is Takeru, he has been foreshadowed since TLA times!!!)!!

4:Jupiter Lighthouse!!!Just played through this part of the game and it still gives me chills, after all those years!!!

5: None is my favourite Rock, but I am happy to be able to say that I am able to play through Airs Rock without getting lost nowadays!!!

6:Saturos Battle Theme!!!(Both versions)!!! But I really love almost all tracks from GS, Garoh Village, Kolima Forest, Elemental Stars, Venus/ Mars Lighthouses, Apollo Ascent/Temple, Tuaparang Battle Theme and their arrival on Apollo Temple (a track that plays only once throughout the game, Karst And Agatio Battle theme <3, heck even the Missing Track from Dark Dawn!!!

That was a big Post (and the thread is locked before I could send it XD)!!

PS: Thanks @ N3ON N3ON for seeing my name on the Isaac supporters list, I really appreciate that, it doesn't matter what the outcome in the end was, I am happy to know that at least, I was a part of the supporters too!!!(This has to become a meme or something XD!!!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I have all dem big four characters in my signature, I will support them til the very end.
As much as I love Isaac I still don't think he's "big enough" to be counted alongside the Big 3. I'd rather the discussion also include cut veterans, Dixie Kong, and Krystal, but that has to be voted on apparently.

You should be able to request to join the group. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/

The group is private, but I think you can put in a request to join it by going to that link.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i think that the characters that do not appear in any form in the game are the ones that do still have a chance to appear as playable in the future.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Ask @Oracle_Summon for an invite. Or just post on the thread for an invite: http://smashboards.com/threads/isaac-support-discussion-thread.367346/

As much as I love Isaac I still don't think he's "big enough" to be counted alongside the Big 3. I'd rather the discussion also include cut veterans, Dixie Kong, and Krystal, but that has to be voted on apparently.

You should be able to request to join the group. Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/

The group is private, but I think you can put in a request to join it by going to that link.
That might be in terms of legacy. Isaac is not as old as the rest of the big 3, but in terms of demand he definitely exceeds Dixie and Krystal. He still has tons of popularity and out of the 4 he is still very popular although the least. If he just had an amazing game and had been playable in GS: DD, we probably wouldn't even be considering his popularity as it would have been through the roof!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, i think that the characters that do not appear in any form in the game are the ones that do still have a chance to appear as playable in the future.
Characters with only trophies I think are also possible. Anything bigger than a trophy and I don't think they'll be playable, hence why Ridley's only chance is if the theory that some characters are being used to promote the Wii U version is legit and they'll be free DLC or be usable on 3DS after linking the games. Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Krystal, Wolf, Lucas, are all still viable DLC candidates, but Ridley isn't due to the fact that he's supposedly a stage boss.

Ask @Oracle_Summon for an invite. Or just post on the thread for an invite: http://smashboards.com/threads/isaac-support-discussion-thread.367346/

That might be in terms of legacy. Isaac is not as old as the rest of the big 3, but in terms of demand he definitely exceeds Dixie and Krystal. He still has tons of popularity and out of the 4 he is still very popular although the least. If he just had an amazing game and had been playable in GS: DD, we probably wouldn't even be considering his popularity as it would have been through the roof!
Even just Dark Dawn being an amazing game that sold well would be enough. People call Golden Sun niche, but the first two games sold more than Fire Emblem: Awakening, the BEST SELLING game in the FE series. Golden Sun isn't THAT niche.

Arteen

Smash Lord
In my mental sitcom, the Big Three are all roommates in an apartment and Isaac is their quiet, polite neighbor who stops by from time to time then inadvertently gets stuck holding the bag whenever one of the Big Three's shenanigans goes awry.

Landlord: "The door frame is broken, there's a burnt hole in the carpet, and all the silverware is bent. Isaac, did you do this?"
Isaac:

Landlord: "Really?"
Isaac:

Isaac:

Isaac:

Isaac: "..."
Isaac:

*canned laughter*

Clearly I'm losing my mind.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Even just Dark Dawn being an amazing game that sold well would be enough. People call Golden Sun niche, but the first two games sold more than Fire Emblem: Awakening, the BEST SELLING game in the FE series. Golden Sun isn't THAT niche.
Exactly! Dark Dawn sold badly but not THAT badly. It sold well enough around 500k I think. Golden Sun 1 itself sold around 1.3 mil. Camelot kinda messed up. While it might not have reached the levels of fame that Final Fantasy had, Golden Sun if managed properly could have easily become a flagship franchise.

I am still clinging to hope though that Nintendo realizes this and gives us Golden Sun 4, keeping the turn based gameplay obviously but adding some diversity as well while having a decent story, not the mess Dark Dawn had, which was fine but not like GS 1 and 2.

And I would love remakes of the first 2 games! I just want Golden Sun to make an epic return! Xenoblade Chronicles the series that is being developed can be more of the real time RPG while GS can be the turn based RPG!

Golden Sun all the way! Just do something awesome about this golden series you are resting on Nintendo. Before all but us hardcore fans forget it....

In my mental sitcom, the Big Three are all roommates in an apartment and Isaac is their quiet, polite neighbor who stops by from time to time then inadvertently gets stuck holding the bag whenever one of the Big Three's shenanigans goes awry.

Landlord: "The door frame is broken, there's a burnt hole in the carpet, and all the silverware is bent. Isaac, did you do this?"
Isaac:

Isaac:

Isaac:

Isaac:

Isaac: "..."
Isaac:

*canned laughter*

Clearly I'm losing my mind.
Nah its fine :p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly! Dark Dawn sold badly but not THAT badly. It sold well enough around 500k I think. Golden Sun 1 itself sold around 1.3 mil. Camelot kinda messed up. While it might not have reached the levels of fame that Final Fantasy had, Golden Sun if managed properly could have easily become a flagship franchise.

I am still clinging to hope though that Nintendo realizes this and gives us Golden Sun 4, keeping the turn based gameplay obviously but adding some diversity as well while having a decent story, not the mess Dark Dawn had, which was fine but not like GS 1 and 2.

And I would love remakes of the first 2 games! I just want Golden Sun to make an epic return! Xenoblade Chronicles the series that is being developed can be more of the real time RPG while GS can be the turn based RPG!

Golden Sun all the way! Just do something awesome about this golden series you are resting on Nintendo. Before all but us hardcore fans forget it....

Nah its fine :p
I thought GS1 sold around 1.6m and GS2 sold around 1.3m. Maybe I messed up?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I thought GS1 sold around 1.6m and GS2 sold around 1.3m. Maybe I messed up?
Hmm I am not sure myself. I think I got the numbers too low ....

I think you are in the right. GS1 crossed 1.5 mil and GS2 was a bit lower. Dark Dawn crossed 500k but was unable to sell more than a million.

Which site is good for these sort of statistics?

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
If I remember correctly, The Broken Seal about 1.7 million, The Lost Age about 1.4 million and Dark Dawn about 650000..

Also, what if Nintendo promotes Golden Sun on the Wii U because they want to revive the series on HD? 1 and 2 are already for the Wii U e-shop, Nintendo DS games are a thing too (If I am not mistaken Nintendo DS brain games or something are available) and that's why Isaac will be revealed for the Wii U as a DLC or whatever...
A crazy idea I know, would be nice but to be honest, I don't want for Golden Sun to leave the Handheld...!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If I remember correctly, The Broken Seal about 1.7 million, The Lost Age about 1.4 million and Dark Dawn about 650000..

Also, what if Nintendo promotes Golden Sun on the Wii U because they want to revive the series on HD? 1 and 2 are already for the Wii U e-shop, Nintendo DS games are a thing too (If I am not mistaken Nintendo DS brain games or something are available) and that's why Isaac will be revealed for the Wii U as a DLC or whatever...
A crazy idea I know, would be nice but to be honest, I don't want for Golden Sun to leave the Handheld...!
I wouldn't mind the idea, but I don't think Isaac being cut as an AT is anything more than taking into consideration the possibility of DLC later. I DEFINITELY think Golden Sun 4 is coming. Whether its on Wii U or 3DS, I don't know. I'd love an HD Golden Sun, though.

Those numbers are closer to what I thought the series had. Granted, I think those numbers are what's listed on VGChartz, so I think they may be a bit high. Dark Dawn I thought was listed at 750k on VGChartz, though.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Also, why isn't 650k considered as good sales? In todays gaming world, many games don't surpass the million, save for big names of course, so for GS I think 650k is fine, with so many games on different consoles/handhelds and with so many roms, I cant help but believe that 650k is fine (again for Golden Sun)!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Yes that is what I have been asking for so long! HD Golden Sun remakes! Oh my just thinking about makes me go..... WOW!

I understand why you might not want the GS series to leave the handheld. I am totally fine with it staying on handheld as long as the games are awesome! Obviously it might not have the "oomph" of a home console game, it will definitely be amazing.

HD remake or not, just give me a new GS! Or GS 1 and 2 remake for 3DS is also fine! Then GS4!
Actually the main problem is how to continue the storyline that Dark Dawn really messed up...

Also, why isn't 650k considered as good sales? In todays gaming world, many games don't surpass the million, save for big names of course, so for GS I think 650k is fine, with so many games on different consoles/handhelds and with so many roms, I cant help but believe that 650k is fine (again for Golden Sun)!!
It is not just the sales, it is the reaction to the game. Think about Other M. It didn't sell that bad but it still left a bad taste in Metroid fans' mouths. Although DD is not bad itself and is pretty good, it is one of the few 1st party games alongside Other M that can be found for $10 brand new...

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Characters with only trophies I think are also possible. Anything bigger than a trophy and I don't think they'll be playable, hence why Ridley's only chance is if the theory that some characters are being used to promote the Wii U version is legit and they'll be free DLC or be usable on 3DS after linking the games. Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Krystal, Wolf, Lucas, are all still viable DLC candidates, but Ridley isn't due to the fact that he's supposedly a stage boss.

Nope i think that its over for Krystal and all the trophy characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you're using VGChartz for game sales, don't; they're inaccurate.

GS1 sold roughly 1.1 mil
TLA sold roughly 900k
DD sold <500k, perhaps significantly less

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

GS1 sold roughly 1.1 mil
TLA sold roughly 900k
But isn't that 1.1 mil figure for GS1 not including the Europe sales? Cause it was around 700k in US and around 400k in Japan. That alone makes it 1.1 mil...

Anyway, I just saw a new thread which says that 1 GB of data of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is unavailable. It is supposed to be 2.1 GB but the game is only 1.1 GB or something.

What do you guys think?

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-gb-of-ssb3d-space-currently-unavailable.367530/

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman

GS1 sold roughly 1.1 mil
TLA sold roughly 900k
Whaaat? Only...so...little...under 500k....if that's true then I can see why it is considered to have sold bad...poor Dark Dawn, your Dawn was indeed Dark...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

GS1 sold roughly 1.1 mil
TLA sold roughly 900k
But isn't that 1.1 mil figure for GS1 not including the Europe sales? Cause it was around 700k in US and around 400k in Japan. That alone makes it 1.1 mil...

Anyway, I just saw a new thread which says that 1 GB of data of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is unavailable. It is supposed to be 2.1 GB but the game is only 1.1 GB or something.

What do you guys think?

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-gb-of-ssb3d-space-currently-unavailable.367530/
Yeah, I checked it out, GS1 sold 1.1 mil in US and Japan. EU would've put than number up even higher, probably around to at least 1.5m or so. The other issue is that these sales numbers are way outdated, so there's no way to know exactly how much the original games sold, but its definitely more than most FE games sell, and at the very least GS1 sold more then Awakening (while Lost Age sold around the same Awakening did). They're also selling quite well on Virtual Console, as I've heard.

I don't know where numbers of Dark Dawn being around 500k or more come from except VGChartz. Its probably sold around 300-400k by now, but NPD never provided exact numbers so we can't be too sure. It would've sold more if it was a better game, but unfortunately that didn't pan out.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, I checked it out, GS1 sold 1.1 mil in US and Japan. EU would've put than number up even higher, probably around to at least 1.5m or so. The other issue is that these sales numbers are way outdated, so there's no way to know exactly how much the original games sold, but its definitely more than most FE games sell, and at the very least GS1 sold more then Awakening (while Lost Age sold around the same Awakening did). They're also selling quite well on Virtual Console, as I've heard.

I don't know where numbers of Dark Dawn being around 500k or more come from except VGChartz. Its probably sold around 300-400k by now, but NPD never provided exact numbers so we can't be too sure. It would've sold more if it was a better game, but unfortunately that didn't pan out.
I think Dark Dawn crossed 500k including Europe figures but not by much. It sold less than half of what Isaac's first outing, GS: TBS did. The bad thing is not just the sales but how the game turned out. It was good but a mess and not a proper sequel that GS3 should have been. They needed to knock it out of the park but they just did their own thing.... Trying to make it too newbie friendly kinda messed up the whole thing.

It's good to hear they are selling well on the VC. I am going to buy my copies as soon as I get a Wii U by the end of this year! Have to show my continuous support for Golden Sun to Nintendo!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Dark Dawn crossed 500k including Europe figures but not by much. It sold less than half of what Isaac's first outing, GS: TBS did. The bad thing is not just the sales but how the game turned out. It was good but a mess and not a proper sequel that GS3 should have been. They needed to knock it out of the park but they just did their own thing.... Trying to make it too newbie friendly kinda messed up the whole thing.

It's good to hear they are selling well on the VC. I am going to buy my copies as soon as I get a Wii U by the end of this year! Have to show my continuous support for Golden Sun to Nintendo!
I'm planning on buying at least The Lost Age. I'm not sure if there's enough in GS1 for me to want to play it again, but I may consider it and my wife might be interested in playing it herself. The main issue is I have too many things going on for me to be replaying games all the time. Playing them once is fine, but once I clear the game 100% (without extra things like getting all trophies/achievements in modern games, some of these have ridiculous requirements), I can't put forth enough time to justify doing it. I'd rather play another game I haven't played yet then waste time replacing the same games over and over again.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on buying at least The Lost Age. I'm not sure if there's enough in GS1 for me to want to play it again, but I may consider it and my wife might be interested in playing it herself. The main issue is I have too many things going on for me to be replaying games all the time. Playing them once is fine, but once I clear the game 100% (without extra things like getting all trophies/achievements in modern games, some of these have ridiculous requirements), I can't put forth enough time to justify doing it. I'd rather play another game I haven't played yet then waste time replacing the same games over and over again.
If we only had... The Lost Age online battle mode... That would be crazy.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea same case over here. But Golden Sun is an exception for me. I can play it over and over again. Personally, I find it harder to play The Lost Age over and over again. I am still on my GS2 playthrough whereas I finished GS1 in 2-3 days while playing another game concurrently..

Currently playing Crisis Core with 100% Missions and Hard difficulty and although the game is good, I doubt I will play it again. Maybe a really quick runthrough afterwards just for the New Game+ bonuses. I have a huge backlog to finish so only a few favourites can be replayed.

Edit:

P.S. Why did Jenna borrow Isaac's armour? :p @ isaac3000 isaac3000

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
The Lost Age feels much more expansive, so it's a bit intimidating to replay! And that password...

I haven't played any of the three games since Dark Dawn released and probably won't go back to them for a while. I'll definitely do a full playthrough of all of them if/when Golden Sun 4 is announced.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

What do you guys think?

he has a good chance of dlc since he hasn't been seen as an assist trophy in the only verison where it would be smart to have isaac as an assist trophy, in fact has any golden sun material been seen at all in smash 3ds

Top Bottom