• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Study Hall Brawl 2010. August 14th, Indianapolis, Indiana

Count

Smash Champion
Indianapolis Smash Academy Presents: Study Hall Brawl 2010

AIB LINK!!!: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10267

What?

The Indianapolis Academy is a group that is looking to expand upon Indiana and the midwest's brawl scene. The Indiana Smash Academy's first tournament (Smash Orientation 2009) was played on August 29, 2009. The first tournament had over 50 people with 20 doubles teams. Here is the link. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247037. Study Hall Brawl promises to be even bigger and better with the introduction of a mid tier tournament! There will be voting on whether the mid tier tournament should be C tier and below or D tier and below.
Where?

ISA tournaments will be held at the University of Indianapolis, where the tournament's co-host, smada, attends school. The venue is a large banquet hall, capable of hosting large tournaments. The venue and the date are completely confirmed! Additional information on how to get to the venue will be provided in the coming weeks, but the University of Indianapolis's address goes as follows:

1400 E Hanna Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227

When?
The Indianapolis Smash Academy's second tournament will be held on August 14th, 2010. Registration begins at 10 am and stops at 11:15, and doubles will start shortly thereafter. Singles will begin towards the end of doubles. Mid tier will be held throughout the day, as we will try to squeeze matches in between doubles and pools and pools and singles and finish up at the end when GF is going on.
Who?

The Indianapolis Smash Academy is hosted by Count, a scrubbish diddy main that attends Butler University in Indianapolis and Smada, an up and coming Ice Climbers player that attends the University of Indianapolis. Additional help hosting is always appreciated, any experienced TOs interested feel free to contact myself or Smada.

Price/Payout

$5 Venue fee (will be waived with full setup that is used)

Venue fee is subject to change to $7 if attendance appears grim.

$10 for singles/ $10 per person for doubles

Mid tier: $5/person

Payout-60/30/10 for doubles

Singles/mid tier payout is as follows:

1: 48%
2: 24%
3: 14%
4: 8%
5: 4%
5: 4%

PLEASE BRING SETUPS! This is one of my main concerns.

Rules

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-35 ledgegrab limit. Same rules apply as MLG..only effective if the match goes to time.

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages

Neutrals:

Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (brawl)

Counterpicks:

Halberd
Pokemon Stadium One
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

The rest are banned.

In order to determine the first stage of a set, the stage strike system will be done in order to choose a neutral.

ATTENDANCE LIST
Count
Smada *setup*
Renegade *setup*
Sovereign *setup*
Krystedez
Jayford
Louisville (6)
Chicago (6-8)
Missouri (3-5)
Ohio (~10+)
Herro
Composer and other IU (2-3 other)
Brax and co
Indianapolis locals (5+)
other Kentucky
RogueBlades
Asdioh
Wisconsin?
Huntington?
Michigan?

MAP:

Please hype this up, I am expecting at least Cincinnati, Louisville, and Springfield to be at this. It wouldn't be too far of a drive for Illinois among others either. With the incorporation of a conservative ruleset, I hope to attract Wisconsin and Michigan as well. Indianapolis is a fairly centralized midwestern location, so hopefully we can get some pretty solid numbers for this :).

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Count: 765-860-6794
Smada: 812-878-1862
TheBlueBlade: 574-220-3991

Count

Smash Champion
reserved

Vote on here whether you want mid tier to be C and below or D and below! To clarify, you can use mid tier AND LOWER. Ganon is viable, etc.

C: 6

D: 7

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
C and below. I want to use ZSS! Hopefully I will be able to make it to this. ISA FTW.

EDIT: Put me on the list for a set up, too. If I'm not able to come I'll let you know, and you can open that up to someone else, but until further notice, I'm coming to this.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
C tier isn't mid tier <_< D tier and below.
Also, definitely gonna be here :)

edit: This is on my birthday :O

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I am CONFIRMED, confirmed meaning I am using every trick in the book to convince my parents/siblings to say yes (those being I'M GOOD AT THIS GAME, I CAN WIN MONEY (notreallylol), IT'S MY LAST TOURNAMENT I CAN GO TO FOR 3 MONTHS, among others). Seriously though, something insane would have to happen for me to not go to this.

oh, D tier and below. But what if a new tier list comes right before this (lol)?

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
if we are doing mlg rules then I say put my favorite MLG rule in there... Can't have double of any character in doubles. that means no double mk. double ike. yep then i'll dig it. DO MLG RULES =D

Count

Smash Champion
Jerk!

Do MLG rules >=(
I knew you were going to be mad at me :( I'm trying hard to get wisconsin to come and I figure this would be the best way.

edit @MMM Talk to TheBlueBlade or possibly Calebyte. I can maybeeeeee offer housing at this but I can't guarantee it right now.

Kel

Smash Master
The best way to get Wisconsin to come is to give Diddy Falco and Ice climbers counter picks to start on?

Count

Smash Champion
Apparently.

I don't really see the difference in starting on yoshis vs starting on BF :/

sarcastic comments or not I bet you'll still come because this is going to be big. and because you love me. both of those reasons ^_^

hunger!

Smash Champion
The best way to get Wisconsin to come is to give Diddy Falco and Ice climbers counter picks to start on?
shut up you metaknight ***. Metaknight League Gaming.

MLG stagelist is ******** and everyone knows it.

I'll see what happens count. its not for a while.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I don't think my vote counts as this is a week before I come back to Indiana (rage), but I would say D and below for midtiers. Puttin C tier in a low tier tourney leaves too many characters imo.

But if I were coming I would probably argue for C tier so I could play TL.

Top Bottom