• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Smash Orientation 2009 - August 29th - Indianapolis, Indiana

Count

Smash Champion
Indianapolis Smash Academy Presents: Smash Orientation 2009

What?

The Indianapolis Academy is a newly formed group dedicated to creating a brawl scene in Indiana, in addition to welcoming out of state players. The Indiana Smash Academy's first tournament (Smash Orientation 2009) will be on August 29.
Where?

ISA tournaments will be held at the University of Indianapolis, where the tournament's co-host, smada, attends school. The venue is a large banquet hall, capable of hosting large tournaments. The venue and the date are completely confirmed! Additional information on how to get to the venue will be provided in the coming weeks, but the University of Indianapolis's address goes as follows:

1400 E Hanna Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227

When?
The Indianapolis Smash Academy's first tournament will be held on August 29th, 2009. Registration begins at 10 am and stops at 11:15, and doubles will start shortly thereafter. Singles will begin towards the end of doubles. If possible, a side tournament will be held at the end. Pools will be used to narrow the bracket accordingly depending on number of attendees.

Who?

The Indianapolis Smash Academy is hosted by Count, a scrubbish diddy main that attends Butler University in Indianapolis and Smada, an up and coming Ice Climbers player that attends the University of Indianapolis. Additional help hosting is always appreciated, any experienced TOs interested feel free to contact myself or Smada.

Price/Payout

$5 Venue fee (will be waived with full setup that is used)

Venue fee is subject to change to $7 if attendance appears grim.

$10 for singles/ $10 per person for doubles

Payout-60/30/10 for doubles and <40 attendants for singles

>40 singles attendants payout goes

1: 48%
2: 24%
3: 14%
4: 8%
5: 4%
5: 4%

PLEASE BRING SETUPS! This is one of my main concerns.

Rules

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages

Neutrals:

Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (brawl)

Counterpicks:

Halberd
Pokemon Stadium One
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

The rest are banned.

In order to determine the first stage of a set, the stage strike system will be done in order to choose a neutral.

ATTENDANCE LIST
Count
Smada
Vamp
Zeus.
Renegade
fuzzy
mike
hilt
crash
excel
wangston
other louisvillers?
OS
capem
fonz
lou
champ
tyr
ook
arty
buddyboy
sago
hunger
krystedez
infern
ybm
smash64
Arcade
clove
falco limbarde
loz
mepunchingbag
protoburn
rip
ultrabraxton
Vetona the zero
xero
quik
heero
Z?
Kel?
Sai?
Tako?
jekyll
composer
xisin?
eric?
rada

MAP:

Please hype this up, I am expecting at least Cincinnati, Louisville, and Springfield to be at this. It wouldn't be too far of a drive for Illinois among others either. Indianapolis is a fairly centralized midwestern location, so hopefully we can get some pretty solid numbers for this :).

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Count: 765-860-6794
Smada: 812-878-1862
TheBlueBlade: 574-220-3991

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No date is good enough for Clowsui.

This looks great, Count (and Smada?)
Indiana seriously SERIOUSLY needs a Smash scene. Since like, it doesn't have one.

I dunno if I can come to this or not yet, but I'll certainly try.

QUIVO

Smash Master
If nothing's happening, if i remember to call off work, and if someone drives me.. i'd be happy to go : D

Zeus.

Smash Rookie
I should go to this as long as there isn't a huge test week coming up which who knows how that will turn out. This would be my first tourney so I am pretty excited about that also.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
This is only two hours away, so I might be able to make it :D
Not sure though. I'm hoping to have a job by then, so I might have to work, but if I don't get a job then I'll definitely not be able to go.

Count

Smash Champion
Wow that looks amazing Ben! I definitely need to get that on the OP.

Also, having toon link in the image means quivo's attendance is now mandatory.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I did it made me cry. WTF I played melee's 1player mode for 2 years amazed by all the really cool people in the game and fun items and I kind of wished that I could fight with my friends... holy s*** vs player mode.

I would if melee was there, sorry But i won't just pay money to play a game I don't care for.

I know I could bring 2 melee set-ups, if you ever think about, but if you do is it cool if I sleep on the floor?

Nope

Smash Lord
This is close!!! woot but alas in a terrible time of the year for me. I may or may not be there but Springfield will surely be in attendance in some form or another

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
Maybe we could do some Melee afterwards... I mean we will have the room for the whole day. We'll just have to see.

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
I spoke to lain and I'm pretty sure he's coming.

"I'm pretty sure I will make that. I expect to be winning it as well ;D" - lain

So, expect some awesome competition people! Bring your A+ game!

clowsui

Smash Legend
lain/william always says stuff like that and then goes to some other tournament if he thinks that one has more money

(i.e. WHOBO > C4)

Yes, I'm still mad at you for that :angry:

Count

Smash Champion
So, looks like we might have people from springfield, NE Ohio, Cincy, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Chicago, and maybe even Wisconsin all there. Seems to me there is lots of hype to come :D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
so count would you let melee in if I brang 2 copies (someone might bring more)? I have seen a few people looking for some melee action and most melee players will play brawl just for the heck of it

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Why the hell would I NOT be here?

It's so easy for me to get rides to Indianapolis for SOME reason.

So yeah... do low tiers.

EDIT: So... the coming from Huntington list is.

1. Me
2. Mellow (I'll drag him here if I have to.)
3. Ducky... I guess.
4. Trip/Raid/Clutch/whatever the hell he goes by by then.
5. Javix/Seedle (Same person, he changed his name to Seedle)

So yeah, 3 scrubs, The Duckster, and me. We'll have good times. (The scrub count could go down if the other 3 improve by then...)

EDIT2: Expect 2 setups at the very least. Possibly 3, at most.

soFRESH&soSHEIK

Smash Cadet
Oh hell yea! im totally RAAAAAAAAAAGIN! im rdy to lose my tourny v-card.Def bringin some of my bros too !so hey u never know, we might give some of u big names a show

Top Bottom