• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Zelda still considered "the worst?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverwind 2020

Smash Cadet
Dude I'll just be 100% up front. I quite honestly don't give a flying bird about what your opinion on Zelda and her viability is since it's not likely you'll ever make a living out of Smash for it to actually matter.

That said, the reason I came to this thread is to point out how disrespectful you are being to people who are 1) trying to help you by giving you more knowledgeable advice and undusting bad misconceptions you have about your character's tools, and 2) some of the most -if not flat out the most- pro-active people in the Zelda community.

BJN and Alacion are both really good players, and have both invested a lot of time and effort into Zelda's meta. Particularly BJN, since he's the one that, you know, gee, has actually spent time data mining her frame data, possible combos, custom frame data, kill percents, etc, etc, so that Zelda enthusiasts, disregarding differing opinions, can have resources that will help them be better at using the character. Every time a new patch comes out, he's right there, making new threads, gathering information, refuting placebo effects and so on. Not only that, he makes his best effort on a daily basis to keep one of the busiest (and most internally conflicting) communities in SWF afloat, despite having these so-called "positive Zelda" kids trash talk him behind his back because of his more down-to-Earth opinions.

Instead of heeding the words these people are offering you, however, you are just covering your ears and talking about positivity instead of actually taking in the knowledge of Zelda's MUs and tools. And that's just pretty ****ing terrible.

So, now that I had to be completely direct, I hope you'll finally be able to get something actually positive out of this thread, whether in the form of new comrades, new and more accurate information about Zelda, and more awareness about your character. I have little to do here anymore, so I'll just leave and hope you realize the fault in the attitude you took towards our veteran Zelda players and become open to learning something new from them.

I'm all for learning my self, but there's no need to be arrogant. I prefer to learn things by actually doing them, not getting the exact same information that everyone else is getting. I'm not afraid to go my own my way. I'll continue to defy what people see as impossible. Information from veteran players is good, but in the end we need to form our own strategies and opinions. Also, I AM a veteran player. I've used my own instincts, and my own strategies to overcome my opponents, and it's worked pretty well so far. The most the veteran players can do is give others a nudge in the right direction, not give them the best combos all time. I don't care how hard other people think it is to use Zelda, I'm still gonna do what I feel like doing. Sure it's hard, but in the end I think it makes all of us better gamers.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I look away for a moment and the thread goes to hell.

Truth confirmed that I should have locked it yesterday!

There are other threads if you would like civil discussion. All I'm seeing looking over this is a lot of "You're ignorant" and lots of heated non-productive debate. Thread is way to derailed and toxic now. Have a good day~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom