• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is wolf cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No he's not. Your friend is just dumb

/thread

Using Wolf as a 2nd isn't a good idea btw

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Wolf isn't cheap. Just look at that Landmaster! That thing must cost billions for insurance!

btw, Wolf really isn't cheap, Meta Knight is.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Wolf isn't cheap. Just look at that Landmaster! That thing must cost billions for insurance!

btw, Wolf really isn't cheap, Meta Knight is.
THe landmaster doesn't need insurance caz it's invincible; But i can immagine it using a lot of gas @_@

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
But nobody can ride the Landmaster because it's not insured by survival.

But Wolf isn't cheap, MK and Snake are close to cheap -.-

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
But nobody can ride the Landmaster because it's not insured by survival.

But Wolf isn't cheap, MK and Snake are close to cheap -.-
Snake isn't cheap at all (though easily one of the best characters), and MK just plain is.

Wolf is what I like to call a "noob-slayer". Noob-slayers are characters like Ike and Wolf who have attacks that don't even have to be used particulary well for great results against bad players (such as their smash attacks and Wolf's blaster).

Wolf is generally agreed to only be decent when it comes to good players and tournies, but he sure does own at low-level play.

napZzz

Smash Hero
alot of the wolf players are retardly cheap. THey just camp with lasers and use smash attacks after dodging your approach and such.

But there are always the occasional wolf players who know how to utilize all his moves and make him great.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
alot of the wolf players are retardly cheap. THey just camp with lasers and use smash attacks after dodging your approach and such.

But there are always the occasional wolf players who know how to utilize all his moves and make him great.
A lot of lols there. XD

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
good wolf players can be a pain in the ass yes but wolf is no MK.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Wolf is not cheap.

Although I can understand where all that's coming from. Smash/blaster spammers...

But honestly, smash attack/blaster spammers are much easier to beat than a Wolf player who knows what they're doing, and utilizes all moves- tilts, reflector, bairs, dair spikes, etc- as well as all techniques- smash boost, illusion cancel, scarring, etc- well. I've seen a lot of Wolf players who just smash and blaster spam all day, which is unfortunate.

Good thing I'm not one of those =)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
If Wolf isnt cheap, now maining random is just ridiculously cheap. I mean seriously, If you can main random, you can pretty much say game over for who ever your playing because 90%, your randomness causes extreme mindgames and ridiculously spammable moves.

But in all seriousness, no...Wolf is not cheap, unless your a noob. But then that just makes the noob's look stupid.

Deez.

Smash Lord
so if someone wanted to get good with say uhh i dont know.. Wolf? how does he go about that? anyone know any good Wolf players out there???

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
im decent....

oh and there is germ...

and Dguy...

I can list a few others...but the other members will know more than I.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice

why so serious?

if your friends start to label your wolf as cheap, remind them that you are using all of his moves (you are right?) now if they think fsmash is broken then your time might be better spent helping them get better

starwolf216

Smash Apprentice
wolf aint cheap!Just look at his threads! His designer space-biker pants must cost a fortune!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf is my secondary, and people have said that that is a good choice for me to back up my Marth (VietGeek said that).
I'm not talking about his match-up's but rather about the time you have to spend...Most ppl will perhaps disagree but Wolf isn't easy to learn and thus not a very good 2nd. Good 2nds are easy to learn: GnW, Falco, ROB, King Dedede and MK of course.

This means not mcuch of course, since few characters in Brawl are really hard to learn (Marth isn't one of them either)

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
after u face a spammer in a online torny, once u see a fsmash coem out it seems like spam. i find only lazer/fsmash spamers annyoing, but when u face them it starts mking all wolfs annoying to fight. yoshi is probably the only char in the game that cant punish fsmash out of his shield =[

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wouldn't consider Wolf to be cheap. Especially since he would have to rely mostly on smash attacks to make KOs.

I would consider Snake cheap though, since even his weakest moves can make KOs.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
(slams head on wall)

Gah!

Why
did
you
bump
this?

oh well... i guess it couldnt be avoided...

Jacob21

Smash Rookie
Wolf isnt cheap just very very very good for new and crappy players (like me) its hard to get used to but i really like him :) i even took down a guy who goes to those tornys (well i took 2 of his lifes off) i wont say names :) and that was the first time i ever used him .... so i gess hes cheap if your fighting crap players but other wise no he aint

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
Lolno

Wolf is not cheap, your friend is just a scrub. If they think Wolf is cheap, use MK for a while, trust me they will never complain about Wolf again XD
LoL Must agree to that! Any way as every one says wolf is not cheap. If you spam his moves then yes he is cheap. You know the Fsmash blaster trick. I call that the noob stratege. You will be looked down on by good wolf players if you do that. So as a hole no wolf is not very cheap. In my opinin any way.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
There is no such thing as a cheap character. There never has been, and there never will. Plus, people who say Meta Knight is an exception should consider this:

It's either you join the so-called cheap***es, or stop complaining and beat the **** out of them already with the character you worked so hard on perfecting.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
He's cheap at a scrub level. xD

He's tough to use at a tourney viable level.
Edit: Why did I have to bump this. I thought it was still November 4th ;-;

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Snake isn't cheap at all (though easily one of the best characters), and MK just plain is.
I would consider Snake cheap though, since even his weakest moves can make KOs.
He's cheap at a scrub level. xD
You all fail. Sorry.

There is no such thing as a cheap character. There never has been, and there never will. Plus, people who say Meta Knight is an exception should consider this:

It's either you join the so-called cheap***es, or stop complaining and beat the **** out of them already with the character you worked so hard on perfecting.

Onxy

Smash Lord
wulfs da cheapness. he can, like, hit, like, you, like like, acruss the, like like like, map, with his fuwurd smawsh!!!one!one!!one!11likelike!!1one.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Wolf isn't cheap. Learn how to play the game more before assuming too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom