• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Toon Link really that overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
How would you consider a character overpowered? I would say a character that is overpowered would be a character that is INCREDIBLY easy to master and has awesome skills that truly blows everyone else away. Basically in a league of their own. But I don't think toon link is overpowered after already playing with him. Toon link is definitely a good character, but not overpowered.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I hope he is. I deserve it after 6 years playing a low tier character.

I DE-SER-VE
T_T

GA Peach

Smash Lord
toon link is borderline ridiculous, in my opinion. all of his normals are strong with little to no recovery time, plus, for the most part, they cover most of his body. his projectiles, with the exception of his bomb, are extremely good, and control space very well. his small size makes him slightly harder to punish with the likes of sh aerials out of shield and whatnot, plus, he can easily punish with his long grab range and sword that is larger than him that he happens to swing at an alarmingly fast rate. his only real weakness is that he's extremely light and dies fast.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I hope he is. I deserve it after 6 years playing a low tier character.

I DE-SER-VE
T_T
Ha, I know what you mean. I wish yoshi was godly but I'll make do, learn the weaknesses he has and play around them, and exploit other's weaknesses (which as far as toon link goes, I haven't figured that out yet).

daemonk

Smash Cadet
He's definately pretty close to being broken. If his projectiles sucked, it would be alright.

SofaKingRetarded

Smash Rookie
I wouldn''t really say overpowered, but he is definitely alot better than others =O He has projectiles, k.o moves, combo ability, speed, isn't too light, has a good spike

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
How would you consider a character overpowered? I would say a character that is overpowered would be a character that is INCREDIBLY easy to master and has awesome skills that truly blows everyone else away. Basically in a league of their own. But I don't think toon link is overpowered after already playing with him. Toon link is definitely a good character, but not overpowered.
No, that is what is called "being in God tier." Definitions of words are so subjective nowadays.

On topic, Toon Link for God tier!

Seco_Beco

Smash Rookie
Alright, toon link isn't that easy to master. I mean you use projectiles but its pretty hard to plan your projectiles, how their going to hit as well. Such as with your bomb if youre going to run and up and throw it, then they are just gonna shield and punish. Sometimes you need to play a lot of mindgames. Toon Link should be B tier if you ask me. Good combo potential, good kill power. Dies pretty early tho... :D

monkeyman4412

Smash Rookie
seriously I'm I not the only one that happened to, LINK(S) ARE OVER POWERED, seriously here is what I get in my daily dose of for glory, normal battles until, link, SPAM THOSE PROJECTTILES AND SPAM THEM GOOD, and link being hard to master, I really dobt that, I mastered him in a day, (this was a expirement to see how hard it is to win or do good with link(s)) guess what, won about every battle in for glory, how do I know these were not noobs simple, I tried my normal main(s) first, if noob they were not included in the results main(s): (cloud lucario baynetta) and then switch into link, results where about the same with link it was a win, only about 5 battles i lost (btw this was done with 50 other people (not battles but per person)) and your telling me link is hard to master. I SERIOUSLY disagree, nobody in the right mind should say link is not over powered, because thats a lie, he is, try the link test and spam with projectiles and see if you win. and anyone saying baynetta shouldn't be rebuffed a little is seriously wrong (baynetta needs her combo game, nintendo what you should of done was change knock back,the angle to match knockback and the amount of percent, instead you completely destroyed her, and your telling me fire emblem characters are not over powered, im going to throw you through a tv then magicly get links sword curse it with evil completely destory your soul until nothing is left, that is what I feel when fire emblem characters, some chracters (corrin im looking at you) kill EXTREAMLY LOW sometimes from 0-death and your complaining about baynetta, she is easy once you know having predicable di, IS THE REASON BAYNETTA GO FROM 0-DEATH, sorry got a bit off topic

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You both realize this thread was made for Brawl Toon Link, right?

Please pay attention to the date/section the thread was made before needlessly bumping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom