• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this game growing?

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone , I got this game when i was very young , I believe like 4-6 and I remember loving it , my mom even bought me the n64 one when it first came out (:

Well I've always been a gamer , I got into league of legends competitively reached gold 5 got bored and quit , I now play cs go competitively and i am silver 4 , so I have a competitive nature I don't like losing and love a new challenge , seeing this game is popular again and nostalgia wise I love it I want to try and be competitive with ti just for fun.

I am also trying to get into such a warm community because all people do my age now a days is smoke weed and it makes me sad , I used to be a part of that group and now I see how stupid it is lol , seriously weed is stupid don't do it.

Anyways my question is is it growing? How long will it grow for?

My 2 characters I love is Captain Falcon and Dr. Mario , I like dr mario because he is rated so low but he just was fun to play and is interesting to me. Thoughts on either of my characters?

Thanks everyone!

AirFair

Marth tho
I play league too lol

Melee is growing for sure. Ever since Evo 2013 it's been getting more noticed, especially with all the sponsored players. I would strongly recommend to start playing, because I myself love this community and I believe it will keep growing for a long time (ESPECIALLY if Melee HD happens lol)

Play who you want to play. My advice would be to just master basic tech first before you pick who you want. Mess around with every character. You could be a Marth main for all we know ( and I would totally be ok with that lol )

this is the best place to start asking around so good luck dude!

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
I play league too lol

Melee is growing for sure. Ever since Evo 2013 it's been getting more noticed, especially with all the sponsored players. I would strongly recommend to start playing, because I myself love this community and I believe it will keep growing for a long time (ESPECIALLY if Melee HD happens lol)

Play who you want to play. My advice would be to just master basic tech first before you pick who you want. Mess around with every character. You could be a Marth main for all we know ( and I would totally be ok with that lol )

this is the best place to start asking around so good luck dude!
Thanks man , any links to advanced dr mario moves and tech's?

What rank are you in lol? I got so tired of grinding in that game , when I hit gold 5 I realized that that the toxicity ans stupidity of the bronze-platinum and even diamond is ridiculous and it burnt me out.

I wish melee had online other then the pc emulate. Any pro players who are good with dr mario?

AirFair

Marth tho
Dude you are in Gold? damn I suck lol. I'm trying to get out of Bronze 2 at the moment.

If you want any Doc/Falcon help you will find good stuff on the character boards. Just ask around. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here.

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
Dude you are in Gold? damn I suck lol. I'm trying to get out of Bronze 2 at the moment.

If you want any Doc/Falcon help you will find good stuff on the character boards. Just ask around. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here.
True thank you.

To get out of bronze I would recommend getting good at a god tier champ or first tier champ in each lane and just focus on farming , steal jungle farm if you can. The beefier you can the better. I would also recommend playing champs with a lot off cc that can focus down a carry and get a pick for your team in a team fight or even just roams. I got out of bronze maining Renekton and Wukong. I would also recommend counter picking in champion select and picking a champ based off your team comp so far in champ select.

Also punishing your laner for cs and making him miss cs is also crucial , pings are extremely beneficial and taking the initiative and typing in chat always helps , always say good job when someone does something good it boosts moral. I haven't played much this season but dragon is more important then ever especially because of the stats it offers and how it can steam roll you to victory.

Look up" lol tier list" for the tier list

Also make sure to read all passives and patch notes , patch notes are super important most bronzies have no idea of changes so by you knowing you already have an edge. I put emphasis again on reading abilities , I didn't know that vlads ulty increases the damage they take from all sources by 12% for 5 seconds until i hit like silver 1. Thats huge if you think about its giving your entire team a 5 second steroid.

Good luck! If you have anymore questions just ask me

AirFair

Marth tho
Sure it may be my fault, but what can I do when top tryndamere decides he doesn't care anymore and feeds 5 kills to Riven?

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
It is growing, yea play Doc if you really like him, be a low tier hero. Melee does have a high skill ceiling, so you're gonna have fun for a while. Other games I'd recommend are Guilty Gear, UNIEL, and Melty Blood, all of them are good, but Guilty Gear is probably the hardest fighting game to get into and it's very in-depth with mechanics and whatnot.

The Prince L

Smash Apprentice
Doc is actually a really good character, people don't realize it... Sure he's not top 8, but he's still awesome.

goobaje

Smash Cadet
I definitely think that melee is growing, and I've been into eSports for a while. I've played Dota, Starcraft, and Hearthstone (although I still play Hearthstone and Dota) all competitively, and this is definitely the best community I've been a part of.

It seems that everyone supports each other, and all of the pros are always down to help out someone who is just starting, especially PPMD. Its really crazy how nice everyone can be, and every time I go to a tournament, even if I'm just playing friendlies, people will always give me tips and tell me what to work on. Its really great, especially when you really get into the community.

I still love all the other eSports, but this is definitely my favorite community to be in, which is part of the reason I practice as hard as I do.

GspotMicrostock

Smash Rookie
I think as the internet grows and the population grows this game will also grow for a good amount of time.

Also I think what you dislike is peoples irresponsibility, not the substance they choose to be irresponsible about, and I think it's good to mention to avoid illegal substances but medical marijuana has helped many people in the present and past and I don't think you should trash talk weed out of respect for that, just peoples poor judgement of how to use it. It sucks being surrounded by people your age who do not act right and I feel for you, I think it's very healthy to have older friends who won't take any childish b s so that you can know you're acting right as well and have good influences. The yearning for something like this is sort of why I would consider going to smash events because it seems there will be a lot to be learned from the community.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
It is growing, yea play Doc if you really like him, be a low tier hero. Melee does have a high skill ceiling, so you're gonna have fun for a while. Other games I'd recommend are Guilty Gear, UNIEL, and Melty Blood, all of them are good, but Guilty Gear is probably the hardest fighting game to get into and it's very in-depth with mechanics and whatnot.
People still play Melty Blood?!? Where's that scene at? Waiting for UNIEL as a "replacement" though I will miss my Kohaku (Re-ACT Final Tuned).

But to stay on-topic, yes, the game is growing still. Even though Doc isn't considered high tier, just remember he does have the tools to fight some of the high tiers (chain-grabs, cape, bair). I'm sure the character boards have plenty of tips for you and while Doc CAN be considered low tier, he is one of those characters that definitely has what it takes to go far so don't get discouraged.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
People still play Melty Blood?!? Where's that scene at? Waiting for UNIEL as a "replacement" though I will miss my Kohaku (Re-ACT Final Tuned).

But to stay on-topic, yes, the game is growing still. Even though Doc isn't considered high tier, just remember he does have the tools to fight some of the high tiers (chain-grabs, cape, bair). I'm sure the character boards have plenty of tips for you and while Doc CAN be considered low tier, he is one of those characters that definitely has what it takes to go far so don't get discouraged.
Ehh people don't really play Melty Blood anymore, but it's a fun game nonetheless if you find friends to play with. UNIEL is more active though, but Guilty Gear is just killing every other anime fighting game scene...

EDIT: Melty Blood is kinda dead, mainly because it's soooo hard and expensive to get Actress Again Current Code, nobody wants to spend $400 just to get the game if they aren't the biggest TYPE-MOON fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom