• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is this a weird way to play Samus?

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
Ever since i discovered a proper way to use tilts i have developed what i can presume to be a strange way to play Samus. From what i have gathered most characters are used to chain combos up in the air, then ground then air again, including Samus though she seems to have some trouble chaining, mostly cause shes a bit slower than usual.

When i use Samus however i tent to play her kinda like you would play Little Mac, you know Nailed to the ground. Thats mostly because im not that good at landing aerials. The only one if feel confortable with in the air is Wolf. I dont know i just feel more confortable staying on the ground and only using aerials when i know i can follow it up and that my foe cant counter it before i do.

Instead of the usual rush in and relentlessly smash my foe until it bleeds i prefer to be more patient, slowly aproaching my enemy or letting them get close and counter. One of my favorite tactics is teasing wih the charged shot, i beat my foe with a few attacks and push them away, charge until they attack me where i dodge or just charge a bit and then going after them until its fully charged and then keeping it there for a while. I just like how my friends tent to get stressed because they know i will blast them with the charged shot any time, they just dont know when.

Its weird i supposed but with how slow Samus is in Brawl i feel like i have to be more defensive and make good use of her AoE attacks like her up smash or down smash or harrass my friends with both lock on and super missiles, or you know that up titl, that freaking axe kick is so bloody usefull, for me at least. Im currently trying to properly time my jumps so i can shoot a lock on missile, the right away a super missile once her fall resets followed by a charge shot, why? cause there is no kill like overkill thats why. Also one of my fiends mains Ike and i just love to bully him with missiles.

Is that weird? is it viable? i dont care i just love to find my own strange ways to play games, something that feels like it should be viable yet i do it, like AP Tryndamere or something like that. Leave your comments bellow, share your strategies with Samus or any discovery you wanna share. Show your love for Samus :D

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No, Brawl in general is never weird nor will anything present inside that game become strange. The correct term you're looking for is unique. If you still let me know would enjoy to brawl someone without waiting weeks to find someone. Thanks.

Top Bottom