• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a known tech? (Platform Boost Smash)

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
When plucking a Pikmin under platform, an up-smash will cause that attack to originate from the platform. Here is an example of it being performed (accidentally?) in Pound 2019 (spoiler warning).

Go to 12:38

TEST RESULTS:
This works with all smash attacks, but ONLY with reds, blues, and yellows. The reason for this is that whites and purples, when plucked, are not thrown high enough to land on a platform. The strongest application I can see is that a PBS down-smash covers all tech options.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Yes this is a known tech and has been thoroughly explored. It's called a platform desync and you can do any smash or grab with it and any color of Pikmin. Plucking is easiest and only works with the first 3 colors but movement can set it up for any of the 5.

Also all my platform desyncs are intentional.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Are there any setups that lead to fully covered tech options with platform-desync d-smash?

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Well you can desync both Pikmin to dsmash above it so I suppose yeah. You can also Fsmash at the end to cover the whole platform

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Well you can desync both Pikmin to dsmash above it so I suppose yeah. You can also Fsmash at the end to cover the whole platform
Although characters with faster tech rolls can roll away on platform and shield the Pikmin, depending on the setup for that tech of course.

Top Bottom