• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a known tech and if so, what's it called?

Luk

Smash Journeyman
Somewhat situational, but I've noticed that if you're hanging from the ledge, and in rapid succession you tilt away from stage, then hold towards stage, then jump, then air dodge, you basically do an immediate from-ledge wave-dash towards the opponent.

This allows you to very quickly throw out a grab (or other things I guess) from a ledge-hang. It's gotta be something like 12 frames from on ledge to throwing out a grab. Here's a quick example of what I'm talking about:

Is there a name for this?

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
yeah thats just the correct way to do a ledgedash most every character can do it, the fastest way is actually to just ledge release>DJ>Airdodge into the stage at a slight upward angle, you get the most invincibility i believe

Luk

Smash Journeyman
yeah thats just the correct way to do a ledgedash most every character can do it, the fastest way is actually to just ledge release>DJ>Airdodge into the stage at a slight upward angle, you get the most invincibility i believe
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to work on that. I swear, one of these days I will discover something new.

Top Bottom