• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is there still a chance for demo?

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
jw do you guys think there is still a chance we got some sort of playable smash ultimate demo? like one that everyone could play on their switch b4 the game comes out maybe similar to the 3ds demo we got. Or is it too late at this point?

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I sincerely hope for a "global smash" or something next weekend or the one after. People say "BUT DATAMINERS"....I mean...we already know 90% of the game at LEAST. Also, they could have a separate programming altogether that just has like, the original 8 fighters, no items, and final destination and that would sate my thirst a couple more weeks...

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they'll do that, and I don't think it's impossible !

I mean, we got a Dark Souls demo before it's release, so yeah, they could do that with one of their biggest franchise !

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Before the game is released? Absolutely not. We would've heard such from the last Direct if we were getting one.

After? I would not hold my breath but I could see a very small possibility.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm more than a bit concerned that they're not planning to at least test the matchmaking servers before launch.

Usually, that's a recipe for an awful first week/month of online play.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I originally really wanted a demo but now that we are so close i think i just want to go in fresh at launch although i still hope for a demo for those who want one, still think it would probably be a good thing for the game

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Honestly I wouldn't expect a demo. I feel like the only reason the 3DS version ever got a demo was to sell people on the fact that Smash Bros can, in fact, work on a handheld (whether it succeeded at doing that or not is up for personal opinion I guess). Also strengthened by the fact that the Wii U version did not get the same treatment with the demo.

Aside from that, we're less than a month away now. Surely you can wait for 25 or 26 more days. Relax, you'll get your Smash fix soon enough.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At this point, you could hope that your local retail store has a Smash Ultimate demo available for you to try out. I don't even have a Nintendo Switch system right now.

Dragonblaze123

Smash Rookie
As much as I would like to see a demo similar in style to the Smash 3DS one, for some reason I doubt it will happen. Ultimate just feels like a different beast to Smash 4 in terms of how Nintendo are handling the game. Although, I think Nintendo might do something similar to the Splatoon Global Testfire if they're worried about the online infrastructure, or want to give players a controlled taste of the game before launch.

Top Bottom