• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any reasonably early kill combos out of sour or even point blank jab 1?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Asking because when I go to kill as Marth I always frig up his spacing. I don't like being REALLY patient for his kills.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
if you aren't going to be useful to the topic, leave.
>Not being helpful
>Literally first reply to this thread was me posting someone's guide that covered Marth's kill set ups
lol k then

Also, talking trash about Lucina while saying that you suck at spacing for kills is just begging to be made fun of. Just sayin'

Hadou

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hadou20XX
>Not being helpful
>Literally first reply to this thread was me posting someone's guide that covered Marth's kill set ups
lol k then

Also, talking trash about Lucina while saying that you suck at spacing for kills is just begging to be made fun of. Just sayin'
See the problem here is that you're recommending Lucina over the obvious and superior choice for Marth players with bad spacing: Roy.

All jokes aside, I think there are actually a lot of things you can do out of a sour jab 1, but I also don't think any of em actually kill, much less kill early. Maybe try cancelling a sour jab 1 into tipper jab 1 (either by using the frame cancel or just time your jabs) and then an fsmash for a kill, or any of Marth's other numerous options out of tipper jab 1.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
See the problem here is that you're recommending Lucina over the obvious and superior choice for Marth players with bad spacing: Roy.

All jokes aside, I think there are actually a lot of things you can do out of a sour jab 1, but I also don't think any of em actually kill, much less kill early. Maybe try cancelling a sour jab 1 into tipper jab 1 (either by using the frame cancel or just time your jabs) and then an fsmash for a kill, or any of Marth's other numerous options out of tipper jab 1.
I hear jab1 to upb works reasonably well

Hadou

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hadou20XX
Lol that is one thing I reallllly dont know about, as I rarely use Dolphin Slash for anything besides recovery. If it misses, it's punished heavily. I can live without it haha

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
>Not being helpful
lol k then

So is having an anime icon but you don't see me laughing like a cracked up hyena.
Also, being the sarcastic low you are, shows me that you have nothing better to do than to be useless trash on a topic meant for help.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Lol that is one thing I reallllly dont know about, as I rarely use Dolphin Slash for anything besides recovery. If it misses, it's punished heavily. I can live without it haha
It kills at the edge around 110% on middleweights so it may work, I tested it a few day ago and it only connects on characters like mario if you push forward right after you upb.

Last edited:

NonJohns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NonJohns
I personally use jab to upair/fair over and over to encourage air dodging and then jab to perfect pivot away tipper fsmash to finish them off.
It's definitely not optimal but no one really needs optimal until really high levels of play

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I personally use jab to upair/fair over and over to encourage air dodging and then tipper fsmash to finish them off.
It's definitely not optimal but no one really needs optimal until really high levels
That's not bad. Just positioning fair/uair if they DON'T airdodge and they are in kill range on one of these tippers, would be a little difficult. I see leo do jab1 to uair a lot.

NonJohns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NonJohns
I don't care about the tipper aerials because that requires knowledge of the exact angles of jab and potential DI and on top of that how hurtboxes move while getting hit

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
So is having an anime icon but you don't see me laughing like a cracked up hyena.
Glad you didn't since, if you did that, my opinion of you would drop even further because making fun of someone with an anime icon when this site is full of users with icons anime and videogame characters is stupid, doing so is irrelevant to the discussion and least my insults are relevant to this discussion. Oh and btw if my icon is an anime character then Marth is a anime character kek.
Also, being the sarcastic low you are, shows me that you have nothing better to do than to be useless trash on a topic meant for help.
Oh trust me, I had pure intentions of helping you. Keyword here is "had". I just decided to not take you seriously after your unneeded trash talk about Lucina.
Oh, and by the way, the video I linked still covered kill set ups from Jab. If you even bothered looking at the video. Sour Jab1-> Dancing Blade/ Up-B / Up Tilt / Up-Smash / Grab / Tippered Jab1. All from that one video. Things not covered by the video. Sour Jab1->Leo Blade / Sour F-Smash. See? From the start, your questions have been answered. From the "useless trash", no less.

Hadou

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hadou20XX
Glad you didn't since, if you did that, my opinion of you would drop even further because making fun of someone with an anime icon when this site is full of users with icons anime and videogame characters is stupid, doing so is irrelevant to the discussion and least my insults are relevant to this discussion. Oh and btw if my icon is an anime character then Marth is a anime character kek.
Isn't that Severa anyway? Who is a video game character? Not an anime character?

Top Bottom