• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any character your happy didn't make it.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with the final roster. I would have loved any other newcomers though. Except Krystal, there's enough Landmasters. Who are you glad didn't make the cut?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
midna. it was a crappy idea to begin with, midna sucks. skull kid FTW.

and blaziken as well, everyone said he killed charizards chances. :p PK trainer FTW

ironmanATL

Smash Rookie
based on the characters everyone wanted on smashboards, I am very glad there is no Ashley. She had an absurd amount of support for such an abysmal character.

These characters I would be fine with being in the game, but I don't think they'd be that great:
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Balloon Fighter
Animal Crosser
any extra Fire Emblem characters
Isaac (no more swordsmen needed)
Waluigi
Geno
Megaman

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
based on the characters everyone wanted on smashboards, I am very glad there is no Ashley. She had an absurd amount of support for such an abysmal character.

These characters I would be fine with being in the game, but I don't think they'd be that great:
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Balloon Fighter
Animal Crosser
Waluigi
Geno
Megaman
why animal crooser, balloon fighter, of FE character, or bowser jr.; they are cool, but i agree with all the other ones

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I am glad CD-I Link and Mario didn't make it in. I am also glad the king didn't make it in. Mama Luigi would have been god tier, but sadly he wasn't in the game.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Krystal
Megaman
Any more Fire Emblem characters
Bowser Jr.
Ashley
Skull Kid
Wolf Link &/or Midna

Not in order... basically Krystal at number one and everyone else tied for a distant second.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I'm glad Krystal didn't make it and I've really glad Mii didn't make it. That would've been the worst idea ever.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Geno.
Yeahh.
And Mii, thank the lord.

I wanted Krystal, we could have had a PINK landmaster!!!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Bowser Jr.

When Toad, Waluigi, etc. were deconfirmed, I was afraid that he would actually make it.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Ridley (Metroid)
Blaziken (Pokemon)
Sora (KH)
Sephiroth (FF7)
Riku (KH)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Shadow (Sonic) (Not as an AT)

The middle 3 are unlikley but...

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
lol glad you asked this, cuz, and i'll say it forever, no Animal Crossing character should be playable in any smash

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Balloon Fighter
Animal Crosser
Waluigi
Geno
Megaman
I agree with everything except Bowser Jr.

I'd also like to add Midna, She just... I dunno, by herself, no, not a good idea. But with Wolf Link, that would have been interesting.

I'd point out that I didnt want Krystal really because I felt she represented the games that brought the downfall of the starfox series. Wolf was in the series at it's best moment, so he deserved the spot more.

Mewtwo - I love him, but we needed fresh blood, and Lucario is awesome enough anyway, and elements of mewtwo are in Lucario, so Mewtwo fans, he's stil here, in spirit.

Thats about it.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Ashley, definitely. I don't see how anyone thought she ever had any chance of getting it.

Oh, and, I'm glad that Ridley isn't in it.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY! OH MY GOD! I LOATHE how people would have gone through a drastic resizing and general changing of Ridley just so he could be a playable character! I'm SO glad he's a boss, where he belongs, and he appears more than once so the fanboys can wet themselves another way.

I'm also glad every-other-Fire-Emblem-character didn't make it in. Two is fine. We don't want Isaac, Black Knight, Lyn, and company to ALL BE playable.

I'm indifferent about Geno, but he coulda been cool. I also would have liked Krystal, I think. I guess they just didn't have enough time to program her landmaster.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
lol glad you asked this, cuz, and i'll say it forever, no Animal Crossing character should be playable in any smash
QFT.

I'm glad that Daisy didn't make it. She would just be a Peach clone.

Tingle would be terrible as well.

Oh and @ the guy who said that Isaac wasn't needed because "we don't need another swordsman", Isaac would definitely be WAY more versatile and unique than any of the current existing swordsmen. Psynergy would definitely be the coolest moveset ever and Isaac wouldn't even have to use his sword that much.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
none.

Okay, unless its OMGWTFBBQ characters like naruto or darth vader, I really didn't want any characters to NOT be in.

I mean, the bigger the roster the better really. How could you NOT want any characters in? You're basically saying you want a smaller roster. Even characters I hate with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns, I would accept with open arms, since they expand the gameplay and versatility of the game.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool

Don't flame me, is just my opinion, I just didn't like him xD

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
RIDLEY! OH MY GOD! I LOATHE how people would have gone through a drastic resizing and general changing of Ridley just so he could be a playable character! I'm SO glad he's a boss, where he belongs, and he appears more than once so the fanboys can wet themselves another way.

I'm also glad every-other-Fire-Emblem-character didn't make it in. Two is fine. We don't want Isaac, Black Knight, Lyn, and company to ALL BE playable.
Since when is ISAAC from Fire Emblem? SOMEBODY never played Golden Sun lol.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Any character NOT originating from a video game (Naruto, Goku, ect.)

Oh and a few others (Master Chief FTL, Cloud, Sephiroth, Tingle, Zant,)

And most of all.....

CD-I LINK! That horrendous, blasphemic monster that haunts my dreams and fills me with an unholy unspeakable rage that courses though my veins like wildfire! HE SHALL PERISH IN THE FLAMES OF HELL! RABLEEGO:YFVHOEIO:GRFO:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done.

Smash Ace
I'm with Pluvia here. Rationally speaking, I don't see how any character could actually make the game worse. The more the merrier, and I would have been happy to see anyone, anyone at all, in Brawl. I'm even including Dr. Mario (you know, he would be the ultimate WTF character. No one expected him to return).

Tingle is an exception. All of that was based on reason and logic, and neither reason nor logic apply to Tingle. He is an exception to all kinds of rules, and his inclusion as a playable character would actually make Brawl worse. He is just that special.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Geno. Simon Belmont. Kumatora. Krystal is a given, so Ashley. Animal Crossing dude would have been a good WTF character, but R.O.B. deserved it more. Sukapon, however wouldn't have.

Basically every wanted character that didn't make it in outside of Megaman was a horrible idea.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I could name off plenty - Miis, for instance - but none that ever had a realistic shot. I can name two characters that did make it that I wish hadn't, Toon Link and Wolf, and plenty that didn't that I wish had, such as Krystal, Mega Man, and Isaac. But when it comes to characters I didn't want in, none of those who didn't make it were ever more than a pipe dream of a small cult of fans.

Zevox

Arteen

Smash Lord
Here we go again...

It's disappointing that many people who are unfamilar with Isaac see the sword on his back in his profile image, and think he's just a swordsman, even though in nearly every other piece of promotional art, he's doing much grander things than swinging around some sword. Characters like Marth, Ike, Link, Meta Knight, and others are synonomous with their swords, but Isaac actually is not. Link certainly couldn't be included without his Master Sword, but Isaac could easily and faithfully be included in the roster even if he didn't have a weapon at al. In the games, he can use swords, axes, maces, or fight without weapons. Isaac is a earth mage (both the rock/stone/sand and the plant varieties), a healer, a psychic, a telekinetic, and has the ability to teleport, hover, stop time, and summon. He just happens to have a sword. He doesn't even use his sword as an AT.

Just for your edification.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Bowser Jr. (he would have been cool I guess)
Krystal (don't care)
Balloon Fighter (he would have been unique)
Animal Crosser (Disagree)
any extra Fire Emblem characters (agreed)
Isaac (no more swordsmen needed) (Ignorance at it's finest)
Waluigi (Without a doubt)
Geno ( don't care)
Megaman (If he wasn't EXE, I wouldn't care)

Isaac would use swords as tilts only. Learn your stuff.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Geno. Simon Belmont. Kumatora. Krystal is a given, so Ashley. Animal Crossing dude would have been a good WTF character, but R.O.B. deserved it more. Sukapon, however wouldn't have.

Basically every wanted character that didn't make it in outside of Megaman was a horrible idea.
Obvious troll is too obvious.
1/10

Top Bottom