• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Is there any benefit to playing hard mode over normal/ easy Mode?

ColinKasper

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreHero
Switch FC
SW-7839-9040-1316
Does hard mode get me more in-game money or content than easy mode or would breezing through easy mode give me the same in-game results? I've been playing through hard mode just fine however would switch to easy if there was nothing to lose (just to get through it) . . . .

KingBroly

Smash Lord
According to in-game tips, you get more loot, but it's negligible IMO

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Generally the rewards are somewhat annoying.

I also found little real benefit in using weak/no spirits vs lower ranked spirit battles. The legends ranks give decent rewards whatever you do, although you probably could increase it a little bit by going weaker, but a decent amount of these battles have unforgiving conditions if you don't bring your best.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
The Skill Orbs obtained from winning a battle are fixed, so the variable loot in question consists of gold, SP, snacks, and Spirit Board items. These resources are functionally infinite after your first couple of weeks getting through the game.

You've got nothing to lose by lowering the difficulty or using stronger Spirits. Though Sakurai would like to remind you that doing this too much will take the fun out of the game.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I think it gives you more rewards (SP, Snacks, etc.). Other then that it's just for people who want it to be more challenging or for people who tend to be better at the game.

Top Bottom