• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a lucario guide, i cant seem to find one here O-o

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Learning lucario. Im pretty new to PM/Him but ik some of his 1hit Cancel combos and up b stuff. But i would like to know more. A link anyone?

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Well it tells me his techs and stuff which is handy but not what i can approach with and edge guard with, viable ways to kill and ect. :/

Misuse

Smash Cadet
There are a few reasons there's no guide..
1. Lucario has a hell a lot of stuff to put into one guide, if you get into all the details of his play it'd be way to long and way too much work.

2. Everyone plays lucario differently and has their own unique approaches and follow-ups, making it hard to agree upon which approaches and follows are good or standard.

3. The lucario community are a bunch of lazy and shady people who want to keep their super secret techs to themselves so we can keep lucario unique ;)

If you're looking for basic approaches lucario sucks at those. You can dash attack, fair, or down b cancel into a move. Those are 3 of his lower-tech staples.
Edge gaurd with whatever you want, spirit bomb, down tilt to nair, f-smash etc.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
There are a few reasons there's no guide..
1. Lucario has a hell a lot of stuff to put into one guide, if you get into all the details of his play it'd be way to long and way too much work.

2. Everyone plays lucario differently and has their own unique approaches and follow-ups, making it hard to agree upon which approaches and follows are good or standard.

3. The lucario community are a bunch of lazy and shady people who want to keep their super secret techs to themselves so we can keep lucario unique ;)

If you're looking for basic approaches lucario sucks at those. You can dash attack, fair, or down b cancel into a move. Those are 3 of his lower-tech staples.
Edge gaurd with whatever you want, spirit bomb, down tilt to nair, f-smash etc.
Yea, Labbed him abit and it seems that you YOLO alot with him. Its kinda fun. he has so many options combo wise that i actually cant think of them all. Welp, time to start playing PM and not play Pit :/

Neth

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-9463-6407
I'm currently in the process of making a full Lucario guide, sort of how Emukiller did his on PM 3.5 Mewtwo. I'll be sure to post it here on Smashboards when it is complete :D

Neth

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-9463-6407
Neth hows that guide going?
It's being worked on. Outside things have sort of been in the way of the completion, but I can assure you it will be completed one day. I really apologize for the delay. The guide will be in parts so that I can schedule and organize the videos better.

Me and my friends have been doing a lot of tournament organization for our school group, setting up a new channel for it, and just getting everything ready. Hopefully I can push out the tutorial after this is over. Again, I apologize for the delay!

Last edited:

Poilu

Smash Cadet
I plan on making one too. But working and training take my time. I would like to make a video tutorial as it is way easier to get my point through with examples but my accent sucks. I don't even know if you would be able to understand even a bit of what I'd say.
Last but not list, I don't have any software to edit the videos. If I find an easy to use one. I could try ... (WMM just freezes ... A LOT, I tried to make a combo video that didnt end well since it LITTERALY (and I mean it) crashed every 30 seconds)

Akkien

Smash Cadet
I have been, actually, working on an In-Depth one too for some time now. (Still a long way to go but I'm making fast progress) Mine doesn't include videos since it's all text but I planned on linking some of the recent Lucario footage and analyzing them a bit. I'm basing mine off Sethlon's Roy Guide, Tai's Melee Marth Guide, and CunningKitsune's Melee Fox Guide. Hopefully we can all cover a decent amount of Lucario knowledge so nobody asks again where all the Lucario guides are lol.

Top Bottom