• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a difference in input lag between the gamecube and the wii?

CubesAndPi

Smash Rookie
Set up a wii to run melee in my school's basement today and it seemed a bit off. It's probably just me or some sort of placebo but just to make sure I wanted to ask here.

m0ll0y

Smash Cadet
hmm i don't think there is , but ushaully for me when i play on a new tv it feels weird at first too .

AirFair

Marth tho
Did you make two threads on accident?

I think it's either a placebo, or you are playing on a non CRT television/monitor. I think as long as you have a CRT and all of the stuff is in good condition you should be fine.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, the Wii is essentially an upgraded Gamecube anyway. The output is prettier but there shouldn't be any difference in input lag.

AUS

Smash Cadet
No difference in Input lag for consoles, difference depending on the monitor/television you have though.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Other than a slightly better picture from the Wii, there are no differences between the Wii and the GC performance-wise.

IncomingGhost

Smash Cadet
From what I know, the Wii essentially has the gamecube technology inside it, allowing it to play melee from the source instead of emulate it (which is why you need a save card)

So there shouldnt be any difference. As stated before, input lag usually stems from a CRT

Sulurian

Smash Rookie
No extra lag just a slightly better picture quality due to component cables

Top Bottom