• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is the Grinch real?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Well, winter is finally upon us, and with winter, so too comes the holidays, joy, and most importantly: snow. With enough snow, a once lush environment is turned into a naked, white landscape. A stark contrast to the many beautiful shades of green found beneath. We soon grow accustomed to this new backdrop, bright and monotone. So last week when I saw the lumbering figure of a scraggly creature, pear-like in both shape and color, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Was that the Grinch? The Grinch, the one so bitter despite the fruit which he bears most resemblance, so dark in heart despite the glistening snow around him, being so disruptive in this world we've become so comfortable in? Before I could approach it, the beast delivered a smile so wry it had paralyzed me with fear. Motionless, I could only watch as it tiptoed back through the forest from which it had emerged. I thought to myself then, and again now I am finding myself thinking, "Was that really the Grinch?" Does winter actually bring more than good times and a sense of togetherness? Is the Grinch inevitable? Should I fear for my safety? Let me know what you think in the comments below, and don't forget to bop that subscribe button and click the bell icon to be notified every time I see the Grinch

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I think he is real. I once came downstairs after waking up on christmas day (goint to sleep was hard to do, bc I would try to stay up to catch santa) and the front door was open and half the presents were missing. I can only assume the grinch took them
My heart (it's much larger than the Grinch's) goes out to you and all others like you.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I saw the Grinch at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
ive seen the grinch he had a yellow Cap and a lightning formed Moustache he asked to steall my presents and my physical money luckily i didnt had any so he just said So ein Mist (what a #*%$) and left who thought he was german or was he Italian or american it was confusing

benstephens56

Smash Rookie
I have been searching for info on this for years and I now know that there are others... when I saw grinch when I was 5 I would go up to my room and star out the window searching for him and I saw him a few times. I know he is out there but I need more people to help me. Is there anyone still willing to make this happen?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I have been searching for info on this for years and I now know that there are others... when I saw grinch when I was 5 I would go up to my room and star out the window searching for him and I saw him a few times. I know he is out there but I need more people to help me. Is there anyone still willing to make this happen?
I am no longer interested in The Grinch, sorry. Best of luck.

Respectfully,
Yashichi

benstephens56

Smash Rookie
okay well now that I have found this I will not be stopped. My spirit is strong. Is anyone else still looking? I would like to maybe discuss plans with other grinch watchers soon before it is time. Let me know here.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Put it this way. The Grinch is referred to several times in a book, with very little evidence to prove that he isn't real. He's a popular being in the consciousness of the world, a being of power, and a being of unimaginable scope. Now, to quote Miracle on 34th Street,

"(A dollar bill) is issued by the treasury of the United States of America. And it's backed by the government, and the people, of the United States of America. Upon inspection of the article, you will see the words, "in God we trust." We're not here to prove that God exists, but we are here to prove that a being just as invisible and yet just as present exists. Federal government puts its trust in God. It does so on faith and faith alone. It's the will of the people that guides the government. And it is, and was, their collective faith in a greater being that gave and gives cause to this bill's inscription."

I have reason to believe that if a government entity such as the United States of America are willing to put faith in God, a being who has little to no evidence of existing, but that people are united in the faith of, it is unreasonable to automatically presume that the Grinch does not exist. I would like to stress, I do not say this to attack the idea of religion. Rather, I bring this up as a proof - if we have no direct physical evidence of the existance of the Grinch, despite several in-person testimonials in this very thread, how can we say with certainty that the Grinch is not real? Evidence would act as definitive proof that he is, but the lack of evidence does not act as a definitive proof that the Grinch does not exist. A crime scene can be left spotless by a killer, but that doesn't change the fact that a killer was still there, and did the deed!

The nature of the Grinch is unknowable, this much is true. Of the few testimonials we have, most notably by a Theodor Seuss Geisel (a terribly misunderstood visionary, trying to bring the matter to light,) I find it unreasonable to presume that they are fake. Nearly all of them share common characteristics, common traits, common descriptions. If we can believe in unity that an unknowable being such as God exists, then in practice, with several matching descriptions of a knowable being, who possesses a corporeal form (as far as we know,) we should be unified in our belief in the Grinch.

Top Bottom