• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Is Steve really worth it? (MineCraft)

Tank Man

Smash Rookie
Minecraft is one of the most popular games of not this console generation, he is one of the most popular characters of all time. So would he deserve to be in Smash? He was highly requested in a lot of polls, but why is he hated.
I am one to think that he is worth it as he has made a huge dent in gaming so he would be extremely a reasonable pick.
But why is he hated so much? I have seen so much hate for the crafter. He would give Nintendo the money and yes, I know that is not what Sakurai wants. He wants to make fun playable characters and he has shown that.
Banjoe brought the beloved Bear and Bird duo,
Risky and K. Rool were requested for decades,
Even he had some really cool ideas like Joker who is a really cool character,
Then there is Waluigi.
So would Steve be worth it, you may say that he is a Xbox rep and one is enough, but is Banjoe really a Microsoft character? He is owned but they don’t really use him so Phill Spencer gave them the thumbs up.
If Steve were to appear in the fighter pass as FP5 (which is unlikely), he would not fit in. All of the FP fighters are not big names in gaming like Mario, Sakurai has been adding interesting and fun characters that his community wanted. Joker was an exciting pick, Hero was a “heroic” idea, Banjoe was fab service to us and Terry brought in a new fighting game and it steel feels fresh.
Would Steve fit into this. What else does he have that makes him fit in with those besides being the best selling game of all time (until Tetris makes another report). He is an indie character after all, sort of. Would he be treated like Sans and become a Swordfighter costume? I think so.
Sadly,
I must say that Steve would not be with it for a while, he would most likely be FP10 or FP11 as I bet Sakurai has other plans.
If MineCraft were to come to Smash, it would most likely be a Swordfighter costume, maybe with a map and a few other things. But not a character.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Just a head's up, this should be in the Steve's thread as the Forum rules for this section is only meant for supporter threads, not discussion specific ones.

For your question, I think it has a lot to due with the Smash community wanting some type of legacy (despite wanting new characters from games like Three Houses or Astral Chain [but those are first party so who knows]) and part of the Steve fanbase being very toxic/aggressive about their character. Personally I'd love to see Steve in the game (hence why he is listed in my top three now that B&K is in) since Minecraft fits into Smash's aesthetic so well and having such a large impact on gaming as a whole. Just my opinion though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft isn't indie anymore, and Steve is the mascot alongside Alex and the Creeper. He would definitely be worth it and he would fit in. He'd definitely fit in more as a fighter than a bendy-limbed mii costume, and really, it doesn't matter who "deserves" to get in and whatnot, it's a videogame and we can root for Steve's inclusion as a fighter for as long as we like.

I think members of the Smash community hate on him or bash him for similar reasons they hate on some other stuff; despite existing for 10 years, it's "newer" to them and so, despite its huge popularity, average age of around 24 for its playerbase (as if the amount of children is a bad thing anyway), and whatever, they keep hating on it because of that and maybe because of stupid "cringe culture" that they won't give up on, some of them not caring if other people would be happy with Steve, they just hate on him because he's not their character and for some reason their life would end if Steve got in. There are some toxic Steve fans, but this is how it is for every fanbase, and really the haters are worse than any Steve fan I've seen (maybe some Grotesque Steve users are genuine fans, but I don't know, they're all jerks and aim their trolling/toxicity at actual Steve fans, too). Thankfully the haters are honestly a minority, as most people either want Steve in, like the idea of him, or don't care either way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom