• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Sheik Top Tier or High Tier?

Is Sheik TOP tier or HIGH tier?

• Top Tier

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • High Tier

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Fearitself

Smash Rookie
I know Sheik has long been thought to be top tier but after her nerfs and placings and top players that main her switching to secondaries I have a hard time viewing :4sheik: as top tier still.
Sm4sh Sheik reminds me most similar of Capt. Falcon in Melee. Falcon in Melee clearly isn't top tier but is solidly high tier.
I primarily keep up with competitive Melee but I see so many similarities now between Sheik in Sm4sh and Melee Falcon:
1) Multiple players main the character at the fringe of top 10
2) The character doesn't win majors
3) The character regularly places in top 16 and even top 8
The characters remind me of each other (not gameplay-wise) but rather how well they place and the level of players that main them. This leads me to personally believe Sheik isn't top tier anymore. I know her frame data is still amazing (but so is Dr. Mario's and he's bad) so I consider her to be at the higher part of high tier.
What do you think?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I personally think she is either in the bottom of Top Tier, or the very top of High Tier... though I'd lean a bit more toward Top Tier. What makes Sheik unique and above other characters is that she has a fighting chance against virtually everyone. There is no matchup where a Sheik player has less than a 50% chance of winning, if you ask me. Her combos are insane and so diverse.

I can definitely see your argument, and to be honest, I think you could be right. In the end, it comes down to a matter of opinion, but I can't picture anyone else taking her place in Top Tier. I see Bayonetta, Cloud, Diddy, and Sheik in Top Tier personally, and no one else is at her level so much as to take her place.

I take it you're a Sheik player, so there's no need for me to go over all of her strong points, but she has quite a lot. Her only weak points are her lack of kill power and lighter weight.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
In the most recent 'official' smash 4 tier list she was ranked 4th, in A tier.
https://smashboards.com/threads/4br-smash-for-wii-u-tier-list-v4.452109/
Based on that she's top tier, though this tier list can be quite clearly linked to player performance.
Ranai not competing and Kameme doing worse, big surprise, people rank villager and megaman lower. Next tier list I'd expect to see luigi and corrin a lot higher because of Elegant and Cosmos.
I guess tier lists are more representations of performance in tournament rather than the tools they have, which explains Sheiks top tier placement perhaps despite a lot of her shortcomings people are seeing more, because of VoiD and Mr. R both being amazing players.

Top Bottom