• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Samus viable in a team match?

Smash Slayer

Smash Rookie
I have noticed most people rate Samus as a" lower tier" player 1 v 1. What do you think of her as part of a team? Can a good Samus player be upper tier in a team battle and play with the big boys?

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
I don't really play Samus very much, but the general consensus is that Samus is a much better teams character than she is in a 1v1 environment. Not sure what she would be ranked as in a teams tier list.

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
I've personally seen a team with a Samus go to grand finals at Hitstun 2; if she catches both guys out with up-B, her teammate can pick which ever guy she wants to kill almost.

Sedda

Smash Champion
samus is pretty good in teams. she has a couple good kill moves like bair, dair, charge shot, fsmash, etc, that can help her be really successful if she's matched with a faster character that can set up short throw combos with her

her fair and up b are super useful for saving teammates, and she's pretty good at edgeguarding. she has all the good components that a good teams character needs, but she still lacks a lot of the fast options in neutral that would help her become more aggressive when sometimes thats what you need.

D

Deleted member

yeah for sure! i play teams all the time with samus and do quite well. just have to be sure to play defensively and patient.

Top Bottom