• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is project M going to die in a year or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
I just bought brawl for the wii and I haven't bought my san disc yet , I am contemplating if its worth dropping 40$ for a game that might be dying because of the new smash...

What are your thoughts?

The main reason I want project M is to play online , I love melee but no one I know is willing to practice with me every other day.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Honestly, seeing how this community's response after Apex's run was to push PM streams as much as possible on top of running more tournies, this game isn't going anywhere. Smash 4 gained nowhere near the traction needed to make it worth dropping PM entirely.

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
Honestly, seeing how this community's response after Apex's run was to push PM streams as much as possible on top of running more tournies, this game isn't going anywhere. Smash 4 gained nowhere near the traction needed to make it worth dropping PM entirely.
True are there a lot of people online? Also whats a good cheap 2gb sd card??

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I wouldn't know. Not much of a netplay guy. However, Anther's Ladder is a good site to find matches.

As for SD cards, I use a Sandisk 2GB.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Project M probably won't die, unless the Nintendo brings a copyright against it. There are tons of people that like Project M and it's and increasingly popular game for competitive smashers. There are a ton of people that would like to smash, just post in the thread provided by Ram above. If you like melee, you probably will like PM (although it will be a tad bit slower). There are tons of improvements to it and it allows so much more fun than brawl can provide. If you are looking for SD card, here's one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACP-EP-2G...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

This one works fine for me, although every couple of days I might have to re download it. Everywhere you go in this forum, everyone will say PM is great and is totally worth it, I assure you. Otherwise, why would we be still here playing it? I hope you find it enjoyable as the rest of us do too!! :)

That1Roy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DankMemesSquid
3DS FC
4742-8374-4229
Project m is die already. PM was not at apex + there is not alot pm torunys and + there sm4sh

D

Deleted member

at the very least you're asking to get banned

@ OP- have you played any of the new smash games??

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
If the smash scene dies then PM will, or if Sakurai manages to pull his head free from being stomach-deep up his rectum, neither of these are likely scenarios so enjoy the labors of the community, that have been specifically tailored to and made for the community.

Honestly PM is made by Smashers for Smashers, if we let it die then the scene will have already lost almost every aspect that brought many of us together in the first place, so if PM dies, for many, the Smash scene will have died as well. /over-sentimental shrug

Oh yeah, and to answer your question, no it isn't dying it's actually still growing, PM just doesn't have the exposure it used to, but that will come back in time provided people keep playing and supporting the game.

Last edited:

AUS

Smash Cadet
No way it's dieing anytime soon and the only reason people like to scream at the tops of there lungs "PM is dead" is simply to address VGBC's getting rid of Project M. Due to the fact that VGbootcamp is the number one watched stream when it comes to smash coverage lot of people thought that if VGbootcamp wasn't doing it who will. However many VGBC purists forget that there are amazing streamers such as TournyLocater who still bring us amazing PM coverage every week, and the fact that after the no PM at Apex scandal happened did you see the insane leap from tons of streamers to keep PM alive, there was even a stream that is trying to bring back PM at Xanadu a place once primarily for VGBC.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I don't see it going anywhere, at least not anytime soon, but with Nintendo getting more and more strict there's no telling the future of PM

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
PM is going through a bit of a dark age right now, but I don't think this is the end. A lot of people are starting to get fed up with Smash 4 now. With Evo trying to experiment with customs at the worst possible time, I predict a bunch of campy Villagers will get 10x the backlash Dabuz got at Apex and the game's popularity will just crash as a result. Then when the next PM update is released, people will start coming back.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that really gets better with these new smash games is the graphics. Melee is the best out of all the original smash series, and no other current smash game can compare to it (except PM). The only thing we can do is create games similar to it (like PM).

MLGF

Smash Lord
We'll see, it depends on how stubborn the PM community is about moving to a less preferable game because of ESports.
So far, I think that PM will be fine, people who care for PM are still playing hard, so at this rate it won't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom