• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is playing six different characters competitively okay?

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I have a main , zelda, but i also play five other characters, c falcon byleth mewtwo corrin and joker. Is it fine to play this many characters competitively. I want to be good, so will play this many characters okay? Or should i play less. I used to play even more than six though, i used to also play robin and wii fit. What do i do?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
By "competitively," are you saying that you're considering taking part in tournaments? If so, then 6 characters is spreading yourself a bit thin, I recommend focusing on 1 or 2 characters at first, then branching out once you have more experience. Using myself as an example, I use Inkling 75% of the time, and Mario 20% of the time, with the remaining 5% going to all other characters combined.

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I mean i have a lot of experience with zelda and captain falcon, and i do want to go to tourneys, is three or four fine though?

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I am just a person who likes character variety, so i just need 3 or 4

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I think I will play Zelda, CF, Mewtwo, and Wii Fit. Unless that is too much?

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
By "competitively," are you saying that you're considering taking part in tournaments? If so, then 6 characters is spreading yourself a bit thin, I recommend focusing on 1 or 2 characters at first, then branching out once you have more experience. Using myself as an example, I use Inkling 75% of the time, and Mario 20% of the time, with the remaining 5% going to all other characters combined.
I mean i have a lot of experience with zelda and captain falcon, and i do want to go to tourneys, is three or four fine though?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Proportionally, how much do you expect you'll be playing as each character? Do you intend to divide your time evenly between them, or would you prefer for one of them to be the main focus?

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
Prob zelda 55 cf 15 byleth 10 mewtwo 10 robin 10 so i will mostly play zelda and captain falcon

Top Bottom