• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Pikachu a viable character? READ

Blixen

Smash Cadet
NNID
FalconCantWin
So I have been wanting to pick up pikachu but I always wondered is he a viable character if you want to win tournaments or become a top player?

atara

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is listed as ninth on the current tier list -- and surveys of top players move him as high as 7 (Hax) or as low as 12 (Ice) but it's not like there's some huge mystery really, everyone kind of knows where he is by now.

IMO you should only play Pikachu if you really enjoy playing Pikachu, and you'll probably know that within a few weeks of practice with him. He tends to depend on strong fundamentals that can be applied to any character, so you're at no risk of wasting time on him unless you decide to focus on the recovery/ledgestall/other up-B tricks.

I like him because he dashdances and doesn't suck at recovering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom