• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Peach the Best Character in the Game?

Do you think Peach is the Best Character in the Game?

• Total voters

VENUS

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0668-8162-9311
*TLDR DOWN BELOW!!*

Hello guys!! Venus here!

From what most pro players say, seeing different tweets on twitter, and hearing my fellow friend's frustrations on the character, most people genearlly agree that Peach/Daisy is a fore runner for the best character in Smash.

Well I completely disagree.

Now before I get into this topic, let me provide credibility to my name :). I have mained Peach in melee, carrying over to Brawl, then to Smash 4, and of course, Ultimate. I'd like to say I know the intricacies of this Princess, so I'd like to say I am a credible source :) I have not, however, played in any tournaments, but I do keep up with the metagame, tournament results, and know more about the game than the average Joe player.

Now as a Peach main throughout the years, I have noticed some deep flaws within the character, mainly her trouble with projectile reliant characters. For example, in Melee, a Peach vs. Young Link is HIGHLY unfavorable for the Princess, as the young hero can totally zone her out. This stays prevalent in the later games, and with everyone back in latest installment, it is especially present within Smash Ultimate.

One big counter for Peach is Snake, with his multiple projectiles, including the highly irritating grenades, this character can give the Princess a run for her money. WIth countless grenades hurled at her, it is very hard for Peach to find an opening to put on some percent. This theme stays relevant for any other projectile based character. The Links (which more or less have been buffed since their previous games) can all give Peach a VERY hard time.

Now in my honest opinion, I truly do not think Peach is the best character in Smash Ultimate. She is a VERY good character, however there are so many other characters that can seriously stop her from doing what she does best. (A part of me also does not want her to be the best character in the game because they will surely nerf her, which I do NOT want lol) I am not expert, so pleeeaaaase don't be so rough in the comments LOL. But please tell me what you think in the comments!!!!! Do you think Peach/Daisy is the best character in the game? Are there any other ways to counter Peach/Daisy? Who in YOUR opinion is the best character in Smash Ultimate? Let me know, as I am very curious :)

TLDR; I do not think Peach is the best character in the game due to projectile characters, however she is a VERY good character(: let me know your opinions below!!

VENUS

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Peach & Daisy have a lot of potential, but definitely not best character in the game. People have all sorts of ideas.
Sword characters still seem to have quite an edge against a lot of characters, including Peach & Daisy. It's not super terrible of a matchup or anything, and being faster than before helps against projectile characters too, but there's still lots of matchups that aren't in their favor.

It's harder than ever to say there's a 'top' character because there's plenty of bad matchups for most if not all characters.
People just need to give it more time, and keep learning the characters and matchups. I feel like the meta will evolve to that most people will want to use at least 2 characters. just my opinion for now.

Last edited:

VENUS

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0668-8162-9311
Do you not use turnips? :ultdaisy:
I do!!! I just feel like other characters have a huge advantage over Peach/Daisy since they have a wide variety of projectiles that can do more things at a distance than what turnips can.

VENUS

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
Peach just have difficulty with characters that can easily attack her from a distance.... but Peach can easily become the dominant 1 against characters who need to get close to her like the FE characters for example.... especially side B seems to work great against them and even when it doesn't hit, the FE players just don't seem to exactly know how to react cause i often see them struggle against my Peach/Daisy xD

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nope. :ultdaisy: is.

That is my contribution to this thread.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
You know what's funny is that I have more problems with Fire Emblem characters and their disjointment than I have against projectile characters.

Most projectile characters that don't use turnips only fire straight. Turnips have gravity and are therefore the most superior of all projectiles. :ultdaisy:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The only difference between Peach and Daisy is that Daisy opens her mouth more often and Peach has nastier things to say.

grizby2

Smash Lord
shes not a "broken" character per se, but shes got a lot of nice things that other characters don't.

can spawn projectiles (+ RNG shenanigans)
has a counter
grab combos
a nice and generally safe recovery
can use aerials wherever she god damn pleases by floating
multiple kill moves
can egdegaurd for days with a ton of mx-ups
low landing lag

and I SWEAR shes a heavy character! idk what it is, but she just will NOT die when she should! XD

basically, if you play peach/daisy, you aren't trying to have fun.

xzx

Smash Lord
I think their struggles to swordies keep them out of the number 1 spot. But top tiers for sure!!

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Peach is really broken and, probably in a tier of her own- counter is OP as ****, her crown is an aerial falcon punch, she doesnt launch for ****. For real though, shes a woman, she should be one of the weakest characters in the game like shiek.

And
lol, im just joking. Just her counter is bull****. If that were nerfed, she wouldnt be a threat to me and, just another average character. Her recovery is bad too, imo.

D

Deleted member

It brings joy to me, an elderly woman, that my girl :ultpeach: is perceived as top-tier. That said, it is my opinion she is not quite the best character. Some of y'all overlook her shortcomings such as lack of survivability, lack of speed, and being vulnerable to juggling (even if she is difficult to combo). Based on some of your replies, it gives me the impression that she may surpass even her Melee self.

Sayonara :kirby:

Nope. :ultdaisy: is.

That is my contribution to this thread.
This comment has earned you another follower. :)

shes not a "broken" character per se, but shes got a lot of nice things that other characters don't.

can spawn projectiles (+ RNG shenanigans)
has a counter
grab combos
a nice and generally safe recovery
can use aerials wherever she god damn pleases by floating
multiple kill moves
can egdegaurd for days with a ton of mx-ups
low landing lag

and I SWEAR shes a heavy character! idk what it is, but she just will NOT die when she should! XD

basically, if you play peach/daisy, you aren't trying to have fun.
Hey, those are my girls you are talking about. It is their shenanigans and extreme learning curve that inspired me to main them.

Peach is really broken and, probably in a tier of her own- counter is OP as ****, her crown is an aerial falcon punch, she doesnt launch for ****. For real though, shes a woman, she should be one of the weakest characters in the game like shiek.

And
lol, im just joking. Just her counter is bull****. If that were nerfed, she wouldnt be a threat to me and, just another average character. Her recovery is bad too, imo.
That is where you are wrong, honey. Toad is still a counter so one can throw her out of it or wait for the counter window to pass and release an appropriate counter-attack. Unless you attempted to recover while close to the lower blast zone, her recovery is not terrible, either. You did not forget about her unique floating ability, did you?

Sayonara :kirby:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
It brings joy to me, an elderly woman, that my girl :ultpeach: is perceived as top-tier. That said, it is my opinion she is not quite the best character. Some of y'all overlook her shortcomings such as lack of survivability, lack of speed, and being vulnerable to juggling (even if she is difficult to combo). Based on some of your replies, it gives me the impression that she may surpass even her Melee self.

Sayonara:kirby:

This comment has earned you another follower. :)

Hey, those are my girls you are talking about. It is their shenanigans and extreme learning curve that inspired me to main them.

That is where you are wrong, honey. Toad is still a counter so one can throw her out of it or wait for the counter window to pass and release an appropriate counter-attack. Unless you attempted to recover while close to the lower blast zone, her recovery is not terrible, either. You did not forget about her unique floating ability, did you?

Sayonara:kirby:
Im speaking from my experiences vs peach. Her recovery leaves her open and, her counter is bs in frames. If a peach player misses the counter theres like, no lag or, brief pause until they could use it again, it becomes unpredictable. And the power of the attack is too strong. Im saying that peach is easy to beat to me. Only her counter makes her a challenge.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Her recovery leaves her open
It leaves her open but she has a lot of mobility options in the air. It's not that she'll punish you for pursuing, a good Peach/Daisy will just find a way around you fairly easily. At least, I think it's pretty easy as someone who plays as her (second to Dorf).

If I haven't initiated float yet, I can use that, I can drop the float at any time, I can normal or fast fall, use my second jump, I can air dodge, get a pretty safe boost from parasol (very hard to punish from above), drop and reopen parasol if I need to... it's not a Falco high-speed dash, no, but with good prediction skills you have so many movement options in the air as Peach.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
It leaves her open but she has a lot of mobility options in the air. It's not that she'll punish you for pursuing, a good Peach/Daisy will just find a way around you fairly easily. At least, I think it's pretty easy as someone who plays as her (second to Dorf).

If I haven't initiated float yet, I can use that, I can drop the float at any time, I can normal or fast fall, use my second jump, I can air dodge, get a pretty safe boost from parasol (very hard to punish from above), drop and reopen parasol if I need to... it's not a Falco high-speed dash, no, but with good prediction skills you have so many movement options in the air as Peach.
Cool, thats nice and all but, i don't think peach is all that and, the best character. Shes good though but, not the best. To be the best character is to be the most broken pos in the game to me.

Edit: like i said, this is from me vs peach. I dont use her and, shes not hard to beat, imo. Its just her counter.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
A good counterplay to Peach and Daisy is firing a Robo Beam as soon as the game starts because every Peach and every Daisy starts with pulling a turnip which leaves them open to Robo Beam. Be warned though that after circa 3 matches the Peach or Daisy might catch on and start with shielding thus rendering this strategy useless. However by then you have probably already won a best of 5 or less, whichever you were doing.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it’s more like a few characters are better than Peach than her not being the best by virtue of her attributes. In my opinion, Snake and Olimar are better but Peach is still ridiculous.

Top Bottom