• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Netplay a good idea for me?

noothan

Smash Rookie
Hey smash community. So, me and my friend like melee a lot, but since I've moved across the Atlantic (From Belgium --> Tennessee), we obviously can't play anymore. Is it worth buying GC Controller adapters and using netplay or will lag and things like that get in the way?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yeah lag will get in the way. Expect around 200ms of lag, that really is unplayable.
But you could just quickly check the connection by connecting with each other over netplay, even without an adapter.

Made2Order

Smash Rookie
If you are only trying to play your friends the lag might be a bit intense but me and my canadian friend can play OK if we pump the pad buffer up. Try it out and see whats happens. I can say as a very new player netplay has been helping me improve a lot so if you want to improve everyone is super nice on anthers and willing to give tips.

Top Bottom