• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ness better than Lucas

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ness is definitely better than Lucas and it’s not really close

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Lucas lacks the consistency Ness has. Lucas has some of the best edgeguarding tools and decent zoning capability, but I don't think he'll surpass Ness's kill confirms and damage output anytime soon.

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Lucas is good, Ness is sleeper top tier imo. He has way more and better kill options, better combos and mix ups because magnet is much better on him, and still edgeguards like a boss. Magnet in general gives Ness some of the best kill confirms in this game and is one of the biggest reasons he's so good.

Last edited:

Mr Saturn Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
Ness puts a lot more oomph into his hits, but Lucas can send em for longer.

Ness' PK Thunder is usually much safer to use

Lucas' neutral special is probably better than Ness'

Saying one character is better than the other in this case is kind of a toss up. Despite them being very similar characters, their playstyles are distinctly different. Ness' aerials are more fluid, but Lucas' spike like no tomorrow. His PK Freeze is a good spacing/edgeguarding option, but Ness' kills earlier and is good for mind-games. It all comes down to how you play em'. Me, for exapmle, cannot for the life of me play Lucas that well, despite having played Ness for quite a while. Ness can confirm a kill much better than Lucas, but Lucas has better spacing options and a tether grab that is surprisingly quick.

So in my opinion, it all boils down to playstyle. They both have mean combos, but Ness has more killpower and fluidity. However, Lucas can space really well, and of course, has that sick hairdo.

D

Deleted member

Yes Ness has Combo throws Lucas doesn't Ness has stupid good combo starter [Pk fire for ness] Lucas doesn't Ness has a Juggling up b a Kill throw a edgeguarding Down smash and the list goes on theres no contest...

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Yes Ness has Combo throws Lucas doesn't Ness has stupid good combo starter [Pk fire for ness] Lucas doesn't Ness has a Juggling up b a Kill throw a edgeguarding Down smash and the list goes on theres no contest...
Exactly

Lucas is good but Ness is “I win lots of tournaments” good in this game

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Lucas actually has 3 kill throws. His forward, back, and up throw all kill at viable percents. He just lacks the ability to rely on landing a grab like Ness can due to his tether.

Also, Lucas’s dsmash is a great edgeguarding tool. It hits really far below ledge and the multihits make it last for quite a while. It’s still not as good as yo-yo (no charging hitbox means less consistency), but it shouldn’t be written off.

Top Bottom