• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Nair Good

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Yes our nair is good. I even say it's our best move in the game.

Our nair is transcendental.

But also know that the hitbox is deceptive (for us).

It has 2 frames where it is huge and is bigger than DDD's body. It's a circle that isn't so big that it covers our toes though.

After that, it's a very small hitbox that is mostly inside our body. It only just becomes exposed at the bottom of our bellies.

So you need to be aware of that to use it properly.

Last edited:

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, nair's great. Arguably our best move (though I'm still partial to bair).

• 12% when sweetspotted (also has a massive sweetspot)
  • Sexkick on a fastfaller with multiple jumps
  • Has our only practical+reliable kill confirm (sour nair→up air)
Only main shortcoming is the pitifully small sourspot hitbox. Otherwise, the only reason this move isn't used even more is because Dedede himself is just too immobile in the air to position himself correctly for it. Slap it on a character with faster airspeed and it'd be pretty nuts.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
So basically it is a powerful move but risky because if you miss the first hit box you have a small hit box and are open to punishing because of lag?

Big Red Thrilla

Smash Rookie
It's a very solid move, but a little bit situational. (I don't "Think" it's safe vs shield?) I bnb Bair for the most part when I use DDD.

Last edited:

Red-Villain

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedVillainy
N-air is arguably one of D3's best moves, as it's also his 2nd fastest. N-air is not safe on shield, but one of D3's best OoS options. N-air's best use, I've found, is when it is used in a short-hop; good for quickly interrupting aerial approaches. A nice good trick is to condition the opponent with B-airs, then use N-air if they attempt react with a roll, etc. Use it sparingly with a Fast Fall on the opponent, as many people anticipate this option and will simply punish you out of shield. Another great use is out of an air-dodge. It also is useful off-stage to catch recovering opponents, or to cover ledge get-ups.

Top Bottom