• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Marth the best character?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
SSerious post

He's pretty good against spacies, possibly an advantage over Fox. He doesn't really have bad matchups and I have no idea what I am talking about.

Could it be? That Marth is 20xx?

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Terrible matchup against Sheik. Even against Fox/Falco. Bad Matchup against Jiggs/Peach. Nah Dude.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Marth: Peach is in Marth's favor, Marth:Jiggs is probably slightly in Jiggs favor but not by much. Sheik is pretty awful, but not so bad that you can't overcome it. Marth:Falcon is similar to Jiggs in that it's probably slightly in Falcon's favor but overall just really close and stage dependent.

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Smash Apprentice
Marth falcon is like 50/50 as m2k would say. Well not about the matchup. He thinks falcon beats marth, but I disagree. Personally I would wanna say marth is the best, but his hit boxes take a while to come out so he gets beat when he commits a lot.

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
Marth lacks a few things. Marth has a bad, bad time against Sheik. Marth also doesn't have any projectiles like Fox and Falco which limits his approaches and just options in terms of tacking on damage. Marth also doesn't have the best recovery in the world compared to Fox and Falco. Despite this. He is extremely good and... I guess he could have a spot on the tier list at #1 if enough Marth players place better in tournies.

AirFair

Marth tho
Marth is a great character to play and it's not that hard to pick him up, but he's got cons too, which is why he isn't #1 on the tier list or anything. He has quite a few bad matchups, and not a lot of approaches. He's still good tho imo

Top Bottom