• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Luigi better than Dr mario?

PXP8 altoid

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6747-3546-4686
I have always put them on the same tier but since the new tier list came out with him higher than doctor mario ive been thinking...
put what you think in the comments

PXP8 altoid

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6747-3546-4686
now im not the person to talk about whos better than who im trash tbh
just wanting to know what the community thinks

Waddle!

Smash Rookie
I think Luigi's better, because he has a better recovery, up-b, really long wave-dash, and misfire. But, I haven't played Melee in a VERY VERY long time, I don't even own the game. So, I suggest getting a second opinion from a Melee Veteran. But for now, I hope this satisfies you.

Boop3200

Smash Rookie
I don't know, Luigi is a VERY underdeveloped character and I feel like he has a lot of potential, but Doc is pretty good. I think for now I consider Doc to be above Luigi, but that could change pretty quickly if someone really capitalizes on Luigi's potential in the Slippi era.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I prefer Mario. They are similar and different in several ways, and each offers slight benefits above the other. However, the thing that makes Luigi harder to use, in my opinion, is his physics. With slow air speed and low traction, Luigi has too much difficulty recovering momentum, which is intensified by his limited melee reach and telegraphing distance options. Thus he is more easily overpowered than Mario, and for that reason, I lean considerably more towards Mario.

Last edited:

p1cklee0424

Smash Cadet
idk about this one. i guess it depends on how much you enjoy one over the other cuz they're super close on the tier list

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
I would give the slight edge to Luigi. Better wavedash, meaning better ground mobility, his Nair is both a combo starter and breaks combos, he has pretty good aerials, and pokes, and Luigi's recovery while kind of mediocre, has more mix-up potential than Dr. Mario.

Dr. Mario is much better than Mario, though. Megavitamins are better than fireballs. He has 0 to death chaingrabs on fast fallers. Dr. Mario's cape also goes underneath the stage.

Overall though? Luigi. Luigi also has more high level representation, although this alone shouldn't make people determine that Luigi is better- but rather, it is a combined effect.

p1cklee0424

Smash Cadet
I would give the slight edge to Luigi. Better wavedash, meaning better ground mobility, his Nair is both a combo starter and breaks combos, he has pretty good aerials, and pokes, and Luigi's recovery while kind of mediocre, has more mix-up potential than Dr. Mario.

Dr. Mario is much better than Mario, though. Megavitamins are better than fireballs. He has 0 to death chaingrabs on fast fallers. Dr. Mario's cape also goes underneath the stage.

Overall though? Luigi. Luigi also has more high level representation, although this alone shouldn't make people determine that Luigi is better- but rather, it is a combined effect.
maybe just main luigi and keep doc as a secondary or pocket main

Top Bottom