• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Lucina better than Marth for doubles? If so, why?

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Looking at recent tournament results, I've noticed that not only have ZeRo and Nairo used Lucina for doubles, but Mr.E uses Lucina over Marth. I would assume Lucina is better because doubles gives you less time to space around and tipper your attacks, but maybe I'm missing something.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Wow, that's a good question. To me, the way her sword works gives me the impression she has a bit of all-rounder incorporated into her general playstyle. Either way, her offense is not quite on par with :4marth: but she's a good choice if precision is not your cup of tea. Or y'all can put both of 'em on the same team and get the best of both worlds...

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
(Sees thread has been moved to Lucina board) My bad.

Or y'all can put both of 'em on the same team and get the best of both worlds...
Yeah, Mr.E used Lucina and teamed with Pugwest's Marth to place 9th at Civil WAr

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I could definitely see it. Marth's tippers are hard to place on when you're going to fight against two other opponents alongside a partner. So a perfect tipped spacing isn't going to be guaranteed especially if things turn chaotic in a 2v2. Lucina's equal and consistent strength would probably be better in this case.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Let's please ignore him.
In short, Lucina could be better, yes, because Tippers are much harder to get in doubles and you rarely have the luxury of spacing due to the constant pressure.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Let's please ignore him.
In short, Lucina could be better, yes, because Tippers are much harder to get in doubles and you rarely have the luxury of spacing due to the constant pressure.
Yup, I thought so

Top Bottom