• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Lucas Compleatly Overpowered...?

Calibretto2103

Smash Rookie
Heres my problem. I've been trying to play Lucas as a main (switched from Fox because my friends told me Fox was to easy to use and overpowered). However it seems now they tell me that Lucas is also overpowered in every way. He survives too much, can fly, and hits too hard. I personally think that Lucas isn't over powered. I mean he doesn't have a 3rd recoverability (unless you hit yourself with PK thunder) and he has about 2 finishing moves (Fsmash and Bair). Is he so much better then every other character or are my friends just whining because i'm wooping them so badly.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
From what I've read/seen, it's a little of both.
If they can't beat you, they shouldn't blame you. Smash 101: Play to win, nothing is cheap. They need to get better, simple as that, either by exploiting your weaknesses with who they use or by simply using a better character that's more ideal for beating Lucas.

Calibretto2103

Smash Rookie
From what I've read/seen, it's a little of both.
If they can't beat you, they shouldn't blame you. Smash 101: Play to win, nothing is cheap. They need to get better, simple as that, either by exploiting your weaknesses with who they use or by simply using a better character that's more ideal for beating Lucas.
Thats what im saying i mean yea hes got good moves, but there not the most powerful ones in the game. One complaint i get from my friends is that his Fsmash kills people to easy. But i mean when were near the edge and you try to hit me im gonna roll out of the way and freaking nail you. Learn to doge it i can.

Calibretto2103

Smash Rookie
Wait, what?
Well i gess we could consider his Usmash a finisher but i wouldin't consider it that good. Yes its REALLY powerful but sometimes its hard to get off if your fighting a skilled person. Maybe its just me but its got a slow startup time and i'm usually interrupted before i can get it off (unless im already below them)

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
nah...
PKT2 is definitely not a KO move. only the last move deals non-set (pathetic) knockback because it does the most damage that way, but even that knockback isn't that great.
Bair is not a KO unless you are considering the spike properties...
Dsmash rocks!
throws are nothing like Ness's. maybe Mario bthrow power, but i haven't seen any Lucas throw KOs.
The only overpowered move i've heard is Lucas' upair, which i personally haven't even seen.
And PKT is a third jump (uh..duh?), better than most.

...you must be really good or your friends must suck...

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Nah, he's totally overpowered. I heard that Ken and Isai teamed up both as Marth and lost to a Scrub using Lucas.

Real answer: No. Game is pretty well balanced as we know of.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
and he has about 2 finishing moves (Fsmash and Bair).
I think that may be one of the most inaccurate things i have ever read on smashbaords.

Let's give a real list of KO moves

Fsmash - Yes, good knockback, semi decent range.

Dsmash- Great range, powerful, three possibly hits good priority

Usmash- WTF is there something wrong with you for not mentioning this?

Bair- I dunno why you listed this as a top one but i guess its decent if you get the spike

Dair- if you get the spike

Fair- multiple ones can take people off into KO zone.

PK Thunder- I'm not even joking.

Uair- Eh, it works but isn't the best.

Of course, I'd say Dsmash is one of my most common, then usmash and fsmash.

edit/ throws too.

Calibretto2103

Smash Rookie
Tell your friends to stop being sore losers.
I have been! lol thanks to all of you making me feel better. But when 3 other people start yelling at you when you win that Lucas is overpowered and its not fair that im playing him it makes you wonder. From now on im gonna tell em to STFU and L2P more. ;)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
You people do recognize that Lucas is not only capable of making a heavy weight class character look like glass joe, has the speed to make marth look like he has polio, and a grab that makes samus wet herself, right? His usmash (at around half charge if not less) can put you at 50% instantly, even for the heavyweights. His up throw (somehow all of you forgot to mention this simple kill which makes me think you all are scrubs) is able to kill at 100% easily as well. His side air has so much launch capability it makes a trampoline look like solid ground. Not to mention his dsmash; which breaks through a shield like a knife through soft butter; can kill at 90%.his down air is inescapable and has a large hit radius and perfectly negates any form of counter (other than shulks) AND he is capable of using his recovery from the literal bottom of the stage. Not to mention you are also able to use the double recovery trick with him. And his fsmash. Don't even get me STARTED on his fsmash, not only does it perfectly kill at upwards of 80% it also is one of the fastest fsmashes in the game. Balanced my a$$! Ike has an horrifically slow fsmash a terrible recovery and a really bad down smash. All of with are slow and predictable of coarse. King K Rool has a up special that makes kirby's jumps look like a crippled person attempting to stand , and a dsmash that makes most fighters drool. Before you call someone a scrub look into what fighters you use beforehand. Christ.
This reply took 11 years to be posted.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Heres my problem. I've been trying to play Lucas as a main (switched from Fox because my friends told me Fox was to easy to use and overpowered). However it seems now they tell me that Lucas is also overpowered in every way. He survives too much, can fly, and hits too hard. I personally think that Lucas isn't over powered. I mean he doesn't have a 3rd recoverability (unless you hit yourself with PK thunder) and he has about 2 finishing moves (Fsmash and Bair). Is he so much better then every other character or are my friends just whining because i'm wooping them so badly.
Both fox and Lucas are fine, the only real problem characters are meta knight, diddy Kong, ICs and olimar the 4 best characters respectively

13 years

Last edited:
Top Bottom