• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Kirby better than Bowser?

Baggy_

Smash Rookie
yeah tbh at least kirby is only second worst in the game lol

rty1001

Smash Cadet
I personally think Bowser has the upper-hand. Bowser is a pretty sluggish guy, but he has power, and a powerful up-B out of shield game. Also, his forward aerial comes out pretty fast and racks up a lot of damage. He's also damn heavy, and Kirby has a lot of KO problems, and easy to kill so I personally think Bowser could demolish him.

Baggy_

Smash Rookie
kirby can gimp bowser of letch with back-air and neutral b to eat him then to pull a chodat and jump of the map lol

Last edited:

rty1001

Smash Cadet
kirby can gimp bowser of letch with back-air and neutral b to eat him then to pull a chodat and jump of the map lol
Haven't thought about that, since Bowser has a pretty **** recovery, so anybody can gimp him, lol. Then I guess I"m sticking with Kirby for this matchup.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
kirby can just dair bowser and he dies

bowser's moves have lots of base knockback, but kirby's moves have more knockback growth. at higher percents, kirby has more kill power than most of bowser's viable attacks.

kirby has a real neutral game, unlike bowser

Last edited:

Baggy_

Smash Rookie
I new I was not the only one who thought this long liver Kirby!

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i would fairly confidently say that kirby's better than bowser, zelda, and pichu at the very least. i would probably put him as 21–22 on the tier list. he's still an unfathomably terrible character, probably the worst one that actually feels playable, but he has some things he can do i guess.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Kirby is better. One thing that Bowser has going for him is a better Fox matchup (than Kirby's). But he does have a worse neutral game. Up-b out of shield is good, but you can't sit in shield all day, and grab is a thing. Kirby has better movement, less laggy aerials, and is a smaller target. He dies sooner, but that's not as important as you might think, since it's harder to win neutral against him.

Last edited:

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Kirby being better than Bowser as in match up? I think Kirby wins the match up because he has a slightly better (and safer) neutral game.

In terms of tier placings, I believe Kirby isn't developed enough for us to really know. I honestly believe he's up there with G&W and Young Link.

Top Bottom