• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is jigglypuff work it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Alright here is how i play and here is how i will always play in all games. I like to play with UU characters so i thought i would ask you all here is she is good?

I watched mango play in melee and omg he is so ownage with her but the only thing is idk if jigglypuff is worse in brawl.

Another thing is that i main ganondorf and im trying to find a alt for him, not really a counterpick just an alt. So here is my main options that im thinking about.

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ike
Samus

I dont really enjoy useing zelda, link, mario, yoshi or lucas so its just between them 4 that i posted above.

I like to pick characters that people look at and think (oh wow this guy is a noob, its an ez win for me) then i come back and own them and they sit there speechless, you know what i mean.

I thought CF would be fun to use seeing as how he is like the good side of ganondorf because he uses the same moves as him its just he is faster.

Thanks for your time and i hope to get some answers pretty soon.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Alright here is how i play and here is how i will always play in all games. I like to play with UU characters so i thought i would ask you all here is she is good?

I watched mango play in melee and omg he is so ownage with her but the only thing is idk if jigglypuff is worse in brawl.

Another thing is that i main ganondorf and im trying to find a alt for him, not really a counterpick just an alt. So here is my main options that im thinking about.

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ike
Samus

I dont really enjoy useing zelda, link, mario, yoshi or lucas so its just between them 4 that i posted above.

I like to pick characters that people look at and think (oh wow this guy is a noob, its an ez win for me) then i come back and own them and they sit there speechless, you know what i mean.

I thought CF would be fun to use seeing as how he is like the good side of ganondorf because he uses the same moves as him its just he is faster.

Thanks for your time and i hope to get some answers pretty soon.

you should read the first part of my guide before i go into her moveset. I pretty much cover this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258865

1-3 will help

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Just learn Wario if you want to play Jigglypuff. Or at least, learn Jigglypuff and plan on picking up Wario. Jigglypuff is wonderful for spacing.

Doesn't work like that though. Maybe when you're going up the bracket, but once you hit the final round where its 5 games or 9 games they're going to figure you out.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
yeah i bet they would figure me out by then lol. But seriously is jigglypuff as good as she was in melee? Oh and could someone explain to me on how to master rest lol, idk how to hit with rest xD

Veril

Frame Savant
Jigglypuff works it. She works it on out ON THE DANCEFLOOR.

Jigglypuff is not a viable main, but neither is Ganon, Ike, Samus, or CF. Jiggs is a great character for low tier events and is ok in doubles. I recommend, above all else, learning the Jiggs vs. Diddy matchup. It is the single best use for her as a character. You don't even have to time out the match!

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
is there anyway possible to trip someone with her and then use rest? Because its hard for me to get omeone in a trip and then rest.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah i bet they would figure me out by then lol. But seriously is jigglypuff as good as she was in melee?
sounds like you didn't even look at my guide.

tl;dr

hell ****ing no.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
my bad. Well i just looked at it and its sad that they nerfed jigglypuff. I mean seriously... why jigglypuff lol. She wasnt even that good in melee to be nerfed so why not nerf a different character that was overpowered

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I use jigglypuff also. But she is low tier. But that doesn't always mean you lose easily. I know this doesn't relate to jigglypuff but I saw Izaw and he's amazing. He uses link, and link is lower than jigglypuff. It does take practice but if you still can't seem to use jigglypuff well, then use someone like kirby or characters who are also good in the air.

meh the only thing that seems to have been really nerfed is rest
it seems more like brawls mechanics and gameplay made her bad
True. Harder to combo. Combo is one of Jigglypuff's greatest abilities. She plays a bit like Kirby in melee. Her throws don't lead into combos anymore.:(

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
meh the only thing that seems to have been really nerfed is rest
it seems more like brawls mechanics and gameplay made her bad
and lets not forget all the startup frames nerfing all of her smashes, making what use to be reliable very situational and harder to land.

u-air and b-air are weaker too.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The title makes me giggle. =X

I agree with Fro in that the mechanics of Brawl seem to be a considerable part of why Jiggs isn't as good as her Melee counterpart. Imo, the same thing happened to Zelda..... she actually got quite a few buffs from Melee, but Brawl physics (and pseudo-broken characters, lol) really aren't kind to her.

I tried Jigglypuff for a while, and her floatiness + Brawl's lack of gravity compared to Melee was what bugged me the most. Her mobility in B+ and other hacked versions of Brawl with increased gravity feels much more natural.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
The title makes me giggle. =X

I agree with Fro in that the mechanics of Brawl seem to be a considerable part of why Jiggs isn't as good as her Melee counterpart. Imo, the same thing happened to Zelda..... she actually got quite a few buffs from Melee, but Brawl physics (and pseudo-broken characters, lol) really aren't kind to her.

I tried Jigglypuff for a while, and her floatiness + Brawl's lack of gravity compared to Melee was what bugged me the most. Her mobility in B+ and other hacked versions of Brawl with increased gravity feels much more natural.
I saw brawl+. Got to love that rest.:) Jigglypuff falls down so slowly that it makes it predictable Jigglypuff is approaching downward. (in regular brawl) I'm not sure but I think Jigglypuff's ground attacks are improved in brawl+.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Brawl+ is nothing more than a fan-made hack and it means nothing.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
If i can master rest then my puff will be much more legit. I was trying to figure out weather or not to use samus or puff but i think i feel more comfotable with puff

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Let's stay on topic everybodyyy~

And remember that if you respond to trolling or spam, you'll get a red/yellow box too. :(

@MOTH: If you really feel comfortable with Jiggs, then by all means play her. But if you plan on getting very far competitively, it'd be a good idea to pick up a strong secondary to back her up.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
oh **** i just noticed that the tread says Is Jigglypuff Work it lol, you know its supposed to be worth it not work it xD.

Anyways i already use ganondorf and i just wanted another fun low tier character to play with. I really do like to have crappy characters because i try to figure them out myself and overcome there weaknesses. I mean jigglypuff actually covers most of ganondorfs weaknesses and there there both at the very bottom of the tier list which makes me happy lol. I honestly was thinking about useing link but he is to hard to use when switching between him and ganon and then i dont like useing zelda at all just because her playstyle dont fit me because i like to be a punisher.

So after all this thinking i think jigglypuff would be nice for my alt, i just hope her or ganon dont go up the tier list xD. Kinda stupid to say but what else can i say... i love playing with characters that everyone thinks sucks lol

Well thanks for all the help guys and girls and yal have a great day =D

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Brawl+ is nothing more than a fan-made hack and it means nothing.
I lol'ed.

Brawl+ has tourneys, at the very least, side tourneys at every regional-level tournament or higher, and is especially common in local tourneys with an active Brawl+ playerbase such as the ones near where I live. ...Oh... and it hasn't even reached gold version yet.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, since MOTH's questions've been answered, I'm gonna lock this to prevent the impending B+ debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom