• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Jigglypuff vs ICs the worst high tier MU in the game?

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
I don't really play jigglypuff, I was just wondering if you jiggs mains consider ICs to be her worst matchup, or maybe second worst matchup besides fox. Usually when I do end up playing jiggs against ICs its really difficult because you cant grab combo and you only end up hitting one of them with back air at a time. Also, maybe you don't consider her the worst matchup, but maybe just a difficult one to learn, or an annoying one.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Nah it isn't her worst MU, that belongs to Fox. And even then, I don't consider the MU to be that bad, there's just a lot of jank that Fox has going for him, like laser camping and upthrow uair.

Puff ICs isn't that bad. It's just a weird MU. You have to know how to play against ICs just in general, just like with any character.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
As an ICs main it is weird for us to. It is one of the few match ups ICs can be a little more aggressive, smashes tend to be safer than compared to Fox for ICs where you want to throw out a lot of jabs. I would say it is pretty even.

Ostrichsauce

Smash Rookie
Ic's is a pain in the ass, but I think if played right the MU is 70:30 in puffs favor (I would go into it but u probably don't wanna hear my ****ty advice), fox and marth are probably puffs worst matchups.

Pip_Puff

Smash Rookie
In my experience and from what i've seen of top players, no I don't believe so. In fact, I would say it's much more for Puff than it is for Icies.

I feel like if I play peach or anyone else I have to always actively worry about not being on the ground too long and getting wobbled. Not so much as Puff because of her air speed,

Also, it seems easier to kill nana with jigglypuff but maybe I've just faced sub par icies in my experience.

BairSSBM

Smash Rookie
It is definitely a weird MU, but it really depends on how comfortable you are with being aggressive. Unlike the Fox MU, where playing aggressive as puff may not be the best option (depending on the type of Fox you play), if you can get aggressive and eliminate Nana quick then Popo vs Puff is super bad for Popo. On the other hand, puff is leagues ahead of ICs in the aerial game, so if you get a few good hits you can camp the top platform and force ICs to come to you, thus punishing them because they can't do **** in the air. Also, edgeguarding Popo is super easy.

Top Bottom