• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it worth learning Young Link as well? (vs Jigglypuff)

JediLink

Smash Ace
So I'm a (PAL) Sheik main, and I'm looking for a counterpick to Jigglypuff. To be honest, I don't think I even have any Jigglypuff players in my area but I want to be ready for anything. Link is my second best character, and I'm assuming he would fare much better in the matchup compared to Sheik due to his versatile projectiles, disjointed hitboxes and ability to kill her off the top, something that especially PAL Sheik sorely lacks.

What I'm asking is, can I just play Link in this matchup? Or is it worth it to go the extra mile and learn Young Link? Young Link has gotten some notoriety for being the "counter" to Jigglypuff, but I'm not sure if trading range and power for better projectiles and maneuverability makes him better slightly better, or significantly better. Just how big is the difference, and is it worth it?

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Just go Doc or Fox against jiggs it's much better than either Links. But if you prefer the links then I think kid Link is slightly better

Just go Doc or Fox against jiggs it's much better than either Links. But if you prefer the links then I think kid Link is slightly better
Im not that sure. Fox would be a terrible idea to secondary vs jiggs as jiggs has tools to destroy spacies that doesnt know the matchup. Playing doc might work depending on playstyle, my playstyle which is very careful works wonders in doc vs jiggs, but I know docs that are more aggro that have great trouble with the matchup.

As for the question whether it's worth playing YLink vs jiggs the real question is how much do you like to run away from your opponent and how good are you at connecting finishers. I myself find it hard to use YLinks toolbag vs Jiggs, it is better at what it can do, but in some cases I feel out of options when I've tried the matchup. Depending on your playstyle you might want to have better tools contest jiggs spacing and maybe more kill options.

Link also is a better CCer than YLink and this helps a lot vs jiggs aproaches as you practically can CC through a lot and then counter attack.

So its a matter of preference, do you feel like you would be better at throwing projectiles and want that speed or do you excel at spacing and want to be more all-round.

Top Bottom