• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it worth it to use Y. Link as a co-main?

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
I main ICs and struggle with Puff, and the Peach match up obviously sucks for ICs, so I was wondering if I should continue putting time into Y Link for those match ups? I've been working on the puff match up and I have notes and such on it, but I want to know before I put more time into it if I'm wasting my time.

Happens2u

Writing Team
If you really want to be sure that you aren't wasting your time, try fox. He's good against floaties. If you value your sanity YL is good. Do you enjoy playing YL so much you take every opportunity to play him? Do you just like him in general? If you answered yes to either of those questions then I would keep going. He's lots of fun but not the most viable, although YL is certainly viable in some floaty matchups. I don't know your mentality so I can't help you with whether to choose fox or something, but I obviously think you shouldn't give up.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I main ICs and struggle with Puff, and the Peach match up obviously sucks for ICs, so I was wondering if I should continue putting time into Y Link for those match ups? I've been working on the puff match up and I have notes and such on it, but I want to know before I put more time into it if I'm wasting my time.
The honest answer is, in order to have a good young link you're gonna have to have a lot of tech that at a certain point it'd make more sense to play fox. THAT BEING SAID. Young link is a solid pick from many different view points. The peaches and Puffs of the world will most likely have infinitely less experience against YL than fox. Plus lets be honest playing young link makes you 10x as Fly as before. Plus if need be you can break him out in other MU and they'll also most likely not know the MU as they would fox but fox would probably be better overall but you can't go wrong with Young Link...except against marth...and fox...

Top Bottom